2020 South American Expat Thread

Kimby

Chicken
I hate saying "sorry" for nothing. But I know Mexicans love that if you say it to them. They become so happy suddenly. That fat lady clerk becomes the happy teacher that you've learned to be polite the "Mexican way". They love so much the obsequious way of doing things. You have to talk to them in a sweet voice, say sorry, smile... Really a country of fat weenies. I really have to go to Russia as soon as they open the border to French tourists. Apparently they should do it this year. Every Russian person I've talked to has been super cool. Can't say the same about Americans unfortunately. I'm at this point with them that I don't even accept to talk to them in english.

As I said I don't remember hating Chileans so not sure if it's a problem of being an introverted european. Also have been to Peru and Bolivia, liked them both. Was different though. Went there as a backpacker. I remember in Bolivia I was having a beer in a restaurant at some touristic monument and heard americans ask in english to a waiter if they had some drinks with cocaine. They were mocking them in spanish. I was in tears. The american dudes were all goofy and the chief was butthurt seeing even I was mocking him. I guess that's what sucks about Mexico, they are too americanized, too used to deal with them. Never that stuff would happen in Mexico. Even in colombia not so much. But in Peru, Chile... Americans are the laughing stock. I love it.

I vibe very well with Brazilians too. Really have to visit that country. Only thing is they are too extroverted. I feel like I have to force myself all the time with them. Would also have to learn Portuguese. I think Argentina is my ideal south american country. Actually wanted to go there instead of Mexico but y'a know... CoViD.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I was in Mexico over the past 2 months and it wasn't a very good experience. I'm French and yes the women love French here but most of Mexican women are fatties, the higher-class women are uber-entitled and I wasn't willing to make the effort for them, I'd rather court French women instead (and that says something).

Note that beauty and wealth are very correlated there. That's because Mexico has some of the most disgusting diets I've ever encountered so if you can't afford the best food here you're bound to end up either a fat lard or skinny-fat. I didn't go to Mexico for the food but you can't even go to a store and find something edible, all they sell are brands of disgustingly processed stuff. All I was asking was for some bread or a cookie or something. But even that is so crappy that I'd rather eat at mcdonalds. It's a warzone for eating decently in Mexico. Your only option is to cook everything at home. Once I went to a french bakery where they supposedly home-make the bread. It tasted like cardboard and was expensive. These useless people can't even make something simple like bread.

Ah also something I didn't understand was why people say Mexico is one of the freest countries in the world right now. That wasn't my experience at all lol. CDMX is really oppressive, the corporate drones are all under stress 24/7 all wearing masks, if you go to a mall you even have to dip your feet to "clean the covid" before entering a shop. Sometimes they'll tell you in their obsequious tone that a certain corridor is only one way. Typicall passive-aggressiveness of Mexican people. These fat lards are such a bunch of cowards and obese they never dare to confront people too strongly. But don't be duped. They ARE aggressing you, you just don't notice because not used to the "Mexican way".

I don't vibe well with Mexicans especially of CDMX. I don't know what it is. I think I don't like fake people. That's why in general I don't like Americans and to a lesser extend I don't like Mexicans. I don't remember hating on Chileans when I was living there. Because they are not fake. They don't sugarcoat things or try to bullshit you all the time. Oh and they hate America. I've come to thing that countries recommended by American forums are usually exactly the countries that I should avoid. Mexico, Colombia, Philippines... These are the most shitty countries I've visited, yet always recommended. Not that I thought Mexico would be great. I didn't have any other option. All of Europe was going under lockdown. I said fuck it, I'll go to Mexico to change my mind and leave it soon.

Thought that if I don't like CDMX I can chill to a beach town. Went to Puerto Vallarta. It sucked. Was like a much shittier version of Nice. Way too many tourists for my taste. I don't even care if it's full of gays as long as they are not ladyboy freaks touching you when you walk in a street. But that place was way overpriced for what you get (like most of Mexico), and all the walkable streets were full of old boring tourists. So I went to Puerto Escondido. I thought if Puerto Vallarta is like that then for SURE I won't like the Riviera Maya. I know it's full of Americans. I refuse to talk to them in english. So Puerto Escondido was actually better than Puerto Vallarta. I really like the long beach Zipolete. I guess I like danger and adrenaline. I swam there a few times. Almost got drowned by a huge wave lol and another time got caught in a huge corrent that wanted to take me away, I had to litterally dig my hands in the sand to not end up a little spot away in the sea. But that part of Mexico is not developed. You can't stay there like you would in Chiang Mai to be a digital nomad. Their internet is prehistoric. They don't have taxi apps nor a food delivery app. Way too hot outside so you'd better have a scooter. Nice place to chill but wouln't stay there more than 1 or 2 weeks.

So then I've been to Guadalajara. That was the only city that I found was liveable. Not sure how I would like it if I stayed longer. You need a car for sure too, it's very spread out. People don't have shitty attitudes like in CDMX. I know people like to criticize the horrible attitude of girls in CDMX. One time I was walking in CDMX and crossed a cute girl and looked at her like a normal person would do. She cleared her throat while crossing me. In CDMX girls that are thin and a bit tall are often like that. I don't go to an overpriced city with oppressive covid rules to meet 6s that think clearing their throats on my way is ok because they own 2 dogs and can afford Condesa while living with 3 roommates and having 2 sugar daddies.

But it's not only girls that have a bad attitude. It's everyone. The Mexican men there are not fun. Obsessed with making money. Greedy. Greed is a word I like to associate with Mexican men. They think we should tip them all the time. I don't even do that shit in other countries. Did it a few times in Mexico but wouldn't do it if I had to do it again. They don't deserve it. They are lazy and fake. I can't imagine what it's like for people going there without spanish skills. Mexican people are so passive aggressive. And the foreigners are Americans so it's not like I wanna change my minds with them either. Got an american girl talk to me once with her luggage she thought I was the airbnb guy. She talked to me in the most entitled voice ever. I pretended I didn't speak english and left. She asked that I don't close the building entrance. I should have closed it with my key and made her wait outside in the heat. Just wanted to leave and avoid any contact with her. I am a bit absent minded but sometimes should think more "in the moment". When I am not in a "high-T" day I let things slip like that. But I think I should have treated her in the most rude way possible. That's ok. I will do that to Americans who visit France.

Well all Mexicans are not that fake. Many cool people too. But I don't know, I hate their obsequious tone when they wanna tell you something to avoid confrontation. Or the way these fat ass lady clerks seem to get outraged when you talk to them in a too direct way instead of doing the obsequious little bitch as they would expect. I'm a cold person. Like most Europeans. I don't like bullshit or having to "not offend people". I don't like to feel forced to smile in the streets if I don't want to. Mexicans are like that. These little cowards. I also hate something some women or old Mexicans do to aggress you is to walk a bit towards your way. But they don't do it if they sense you're angry or something. Mexicans and most midget races are very Emotionally intelligent. They live in chaos and rely on emotions like pity, love and laughter to get by with their lives. Once I got a condesa bitch walk to my way at night. She seemed upper class and was with a tall mexican dude. I guess she thought I wouldn't dare. But she got a good hit by my shoulder and I continued my way. But you can't do that long term if you stay in that dump. If you brush the wrong person in Mexico I guess things could happen. I don't know but can feel it. Heard it's pretty cheap to hire someone to kill you. Maybe that's why these cowards are so passive aggressive. They want people to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Wow what a charming bundle of joy you seem to be..... I have some free time if you wanna continue telling me about how everybody sucks and how great you are in all your French glory

I was literally telling this Colombian girl last night about French people having a shitty reputation amongst travelers because they tend to think their shit don't stink.... perfect timing for your well articulated digital diarrhea. Since you are a "high-T" Frenchman that doesn't like things sugar coated I have something for you.... Did you ever stop to think that the common denominator in these situations, countries, and people you don't like is you and your shit French attitude?

"But I think I should have treated her in the most rude way possible. That's ok. I will do that to Americans who visit France."

Kimby

Chicken
I was literally telling this Colombian girl

Not surprised you're there. Americans usually get along well in Mexico and Colombia. These are their favorite countries in south america. Mexico because they are used to dealing with americans. Colombia because they know you have money (colombians love money). Thanksfully in other south american countries it's not like that. I let you enjoy colombia in... barranquila that's right? Lovely city it seems.

Wow what a charming bundle of joy you seem to be..... I have some free time if you wanna continue telling me about how everybody sucks and how great you are in all your French glory

I can tell that you're american. By the way you become outraged and write an emotional message right from the beginning, instead of staying factual or throwing non-butthurt humor. Even Scotian, who is canadian, didn't get triggerred. Well I didn't say anything about canadians. I don't really know them actually. My ex lives in Canada with her husband. So you're the trigerred american, the laughing stock. I have to write in english and all you have to tell me is that it's a diahrea. Oh, I'm sorry American. I should have hired a translator on upwork to write here. But in real life I would refuse to talk to you. I'd talk to you in french or spanish.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Not surprised you're there. Americans usually get along well in Mexico and Colombia. These are their favorite countries in south america. Mexico because they are used to dealing with americans. Colombia because they know you have money (colombians love money). Thanksfully in other south american countries it's not like that. I let you enjoy colombia in... barranquila that's right? Lovely city it seems.

I can tell that you're american. By the way you become outraged and write an emotional message right from the beginning, instead of staying factual or throwing non-butthurt humor. Even Scotian, who is canadian, didn't get triggerred. Well I didn't say anything about canadians. I don't really know them actually. My ex lives in Canada with her husband. So you're the trigerred american, the laughing stock. I have to write in english and all you have to tell me is that it's a diahrea. Oh, I'm sorry American. I should have hired a translator on upwork to write here. But in real life I would refuse to talk to you. I'd talk to you in french or spanish.

Don't flatter yourself french fry

I'm not triggered, just having fun in pointing out your hypocrisy

Au revoir
Macron

bucky

Ostrich

I was literally telling this Colombian girl last night about French people having a shitty reputation amongst travelers because they tend to think their shit don't stink.... perfect timing for your well articulated digital diarrhea. Since you are a "high-T" Frenchman that doesn't like things sugar coated I have something for you.... Did you ever stop to think that the common denominator in these situations, countries, and people you don't like is you and your shit French attitude?

"But I think I should have treated her in the most rude way possible. That's ok. I will do that to Americans who visit France."

To be fair, every time I've been to France everyone's been very nice to me. Even in Paris. Like in most countries, I can never tell if it's because they like or Americans or because I'm unusually charming.

Kimby

Chicken
To be fair, every time I've been to France everyone's been very nice to me. Even in Paris. Like in most countries, I can never tell if it's because they like or Americans or because I'm unusually charming.

I think it depends of how you present yourself. If you're a thin clean-shaven goldenboy, well-dressed and don't talk to people in english without first asking if they speak it, I guess it's fine. But if you look like creepin with a vulgar beard, tramp tattoos, and go to Colombia to meet low-class people then yeah, I suppose it won't be the same experience. Colombia fits creepin very well, colombian women like this type of guy. But even in mexico actually they prefer the delicate european stature for the physic (because everyone is a fatass so it gets noticed if you're not). But in Mexico they also prefer the american thinking vs the cold european mentality. So an american who speaks spanish is superior to a european. But if he doesn't speak spanish then the french is superior (because 90% of us speak spanish).

IM3000

Pelican
You can say whatever you want about Mexico, but the food there is delicious. Eating tortillas everyday will not give you abs, but how can you hate on Tacos al pastor, Mole, Tlayudas, Cochinita Pibil, Ceviche, etc.? Then all these jugos...de guanabana, guaya, mango. Then again, the French are particular people...

I was in Mexico over the past 2 months and it wasn't a very good experience. I'm French and yes the women love French here but most of Mexican women are fatties, the higher-class women are uber-entitled and I wasn't willing to make the effort for them, I'd rather court French women instead (and that says something).

Note that beauty and wealth are very correlated there. That's because Mexico has some of the most disgusting diets I've ever encountered so if you can't afford the best food here you're bound to end up either a fat lard or skinny-fat. I didn't go to Mexico for the food but you can't even go to a store and find something edible, all they sell are brands of disgustingly processed stuff. All I was asking was for some bread or a cookie or something. But even that is so crappy that I'd rather eat at mcdonalds. It's a warzone for eating decently in Mexico. Your only option is to cook everything at home. Once I went to a french bakery where they supposedly home-make the bread. It tasted like cardboard and was expensive. These useless people can't even make something simple like bread.

Ah also something I didn't understand was why people say Mexico is one of the freest countries in the world right now. That wasn't my experience at all lol. CDMX is really oppressive, the corporate drones are all under stress 24/7 all wearing masks, if you go to a mall you even have to dip your feet to "clean the covid" before entering a shop. Sometimes they'll tell you in their obsequious tone that a certain corridor is only one way. Typicall passive-aggressiveness of Mexican people. These fat lards are such a bunch of cowards and obese they never dare to confront people too strongly. But don't be duped. They ARE aggressing you, you just don't notice because not used to the "Mexican way".

I don't vibe well with Mexicans especially of CDMX. I don't know what it is. I think I don't like fake people. That's why in general I don't like Americans and to a lesser extend I don't like Mexicans. I don't remember hating on Chileans when I was living there. Because they are not fake. They don't sugarcoat things or try to bullshit you all the time. Oh and they hate America. I've come to thing that countries recommended by American forums are usually exactly the countries that I should avoid. Mexico, Colombia, Philippines... These are the most shitty countries I've visited, yet always recommended. Not that I thought Mexico would be great. I didn't have any other option. All of Europe was going under lockdown. I said fuck it, I'll go to Mexico to change my mind and leave it soon.

Thought that if I don't like CDMX I can chill to a beach town. Went to Puerto Vallarta. It sucked. Was like a much shittier version of Nice. Way too many tourists for my taste. I don't even care if it's full of gays as long as they are not ladyboy freaks touching you when you walk in a street. But that place was way overpriced for what you get (like most of Mexico), and all the walkable streets were full of old boring tourists. So I went to Puerto Escondido. I thought if Puerto Vallarta is like that then for SURE I won't like the Riviera Maya. I know it's full of Americans. I refuse to talk to them in english. So Puerto Escondido was actually better than Puerto Vallarta. I really like the long beach Zipolete. I guess I like danger and adrenaline. I swam there a few times. Almost got drowned by a huge wave lol and another time got caught in a huge corrent that wanted to take me away, I had to litterally dig my hands in the sand to not end up a little spot away in the sea. But that part of Mexico is not developed. You can't stay there like you would in Chiang Mai to be a digital nomad. Their internet is prehistoric. They don't have taxi apps nor a food delivery app. Way too hot outside so you'd better have a scooter. Nice place to chill but wouln't stay there more than 1 or 2 weeks.

So then I've been to Guadalajara. That was the only city that I found was liveable. Not sure how I would like it if I stayed longer. You need a car for sure too, it's very spread out. People don't have shitty attitudes like in CDMX. I know people like to criticize the horrible attitude of girls in CDMX. One time I was walking in CDMX and crossed a cute girl and looked at her like a normal person would do. She cleared her throat while crossing me. In CDMX girls that are thin and a bit tall are often like that. I don't go to an overpriced city with oppressive covid rules to meet 6s that think clearing their throats on my way is ok because they own 2 dogs and can afford Condesa while living with 3 roommates and having 2 sugar daddies.

But it's not only girls that have a bad attitude. It's everyone. The Mexican men there are not fun. Obsessed with making money. Greedy. Greed is a word I like to associate with Mexican men. They think we should tip them all the time. I don't even do that shit in other countries. Did it a few times in Mexico but wouldn't do it if I had to do it again. They don't deserve it. They are lazy and fake. I can't imagine what it's like for people going there without spanish skills. Mexican people are so passive aggressive. And the foreigners are Americans so it's not like I wanna change my minds with them either. Got an american girl talk to me once with her luggage she thought I was the airbnb guy. She talked to me in the most entitled voice ever. I pretended I didn't speak english and left. She asked that I don't close the building entrance. I should have closed it with my key and made her wait outside in the heat. Just wanted to leave and avoid any contact with her. I am a bit absent minded but sometimes should think more "in the moment". When I am not in a "high-T" day I let things slip like that. But I think I should have treated her in the most rude way possible. That's ok. I will do that to Americans who visit France.

Well all Mexicans are not that fake. Many cool people too. But I don't know, I hate their obsequious tone when they wanna tell you something to avoid confrontation. Or the way these fat ass lady clerks seem to get outraged when you talk to them in a too direct way instead of doing the obsequious little bitch as they would expect. I'm a cold person. Like most Europeans. I don't like bullshit or having to "not offend people". I don't like to feel forced to smile in the streets if I don't want to. Mexicans are like that. These little cowards. I also hate something some women or old Mexicans do to aggress you is to walk a bit towards your way. But they don't do it if they sense you're angry or something. Mexicans and most midget races are very Emotionally intelligent. They live in chaos and rely on emotions like pity, love and laughter to get by with their lives. Once I got a condesa bitch walk to my way at night. She seemed upper class and was with a tall mexican dude. I guess she thought I wouldn't dare. But she got a good hit by my shoulder and I continued my way. But you can't do that long term if you stay in that dump. If you brush the wrong person in Mexico I guess things could happen. I don't know but can feel it. Heard it's pretty cheap to hire someone to kill you. Maybe that's why these cowards are so passive aggressive. They want people to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Lol, as a Mexican i'm not offended or upset the least. That's mexico city nowadays, a globohomo third world shithole full of coward people. You described pretty much everything about the metropolitan area of CDMX. People tend to be very patriotic but in a hypocritical way. They get very butthurt when foreigners criticize them but don't do nothing to improve their country a bit.

Last edited:
I hate saying "sorry" for nothing. But I know Mexicans love that if you say it to them. They become so happy suddenly. That fat lady clerk becomes the happy teacher that you've learned to be polite the "Mexican way". They love so much the obsequious way of doing things. You have to talk to them in a sweet voice, say sorry, smile... Really a country of fat weenies. I really have to go to Russia as soon as they open the border to French tourists. Apparently they should do it this year. Every Russian person I've talked to has been super cool. Can't say the same about Americans unfortunately. I'm at this point with them that I don't even accept to talk to them in english.

As I said I don't remember hating Chileans so not sure if it's a problem of being an introverted european. Also have been to Peru and Bolivia, liked them both. Was different though. Went there as a backpacker. I remember in Bolivia I was having a beer in a restaurant at some touristic monument and heard americans ask in english to a waiter if they had some drinks with cocaine. They were mocking them in spanish. I was in tears. The american dudes were all goofy and the chief was butthurt seeing even I was mocking him. I guess that's what sucks about Mexico, they are too americanized, too used to deal with them. Never that stuff would happen in Mexico. Even in colombia not so much. But in Peru, Chile... Americans are the laughing stock. I love it.

I vibe very well with Brazilians too. Really have to visit that country. Only thing is they are too extroverted. I feel like I have to force myself all the time with them. Would also have to learn Portuguese. I think Argentina is my ideal south american country. Actually wanted to go there instead of Mexico but y'a know... CoViD.

It does make sense that you get along well with Russians, Brazilians and Argentinians, considering the French nature. Oh, and what about Chileans? I would suspect they might be a good match for you.

Have you traveled much in Africa? I would be curious to know how you felt about the countries there.

Oh, and what about the Asian nations? I very much want to know how you interacted with them...

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Tourism by country

One of the elements of the hideaway in Latin America I seek is that it has as few gringos as possible, messing with my uniqueness and the local culture

To calculate this I looked up some tourism numbers and compared them to the overall country's population

Prior to looking at these stats I always thought countries like Honduras and Nicaragua would have had substantially less gringos in their country per capita at any given time compared to Ecuador/Colombia/Peru, as they seem less frequently mentioned on forums dealing with tourism from my vantage

Here are some rough population numbers I got from wikipedia, in comparison to this 2019 document

Colombia has 50.3 million inhabitants and 4.5 million visitors
Ecuador 17.6 million and 2.1 million visitors
Peru 32.8 million and 5.2 million visitors

Nicaragua 6.48 million inhabitants and 1.45 visitors
Honduras 9.58 million and 2.315 visitors

JoeyB

Chicken
I recently spent a few months in Mexico. I went in with super high expectations and very excited. After living in Brazil and Colombia, I found Mexico to be watered down. Even though what Kimby said sounds very negative, I agree with a lot of it. The women there are wack in every sense of the word. The only city that is remotely abundant with beautiful women is Guadalajara, and they have attitudes on par with the U.S and Canada. When the food is good, it is GOOD, but there is also a lot of gross, greasy, unhygienic food. Bring your stomach medicine. Huge gringo influence there; Krispy cream on every corner, burger king, Starbucks. Our influence and reach has infected the social culture as well (in the big cities at least). Can you escape the big city fuckery and live in a more trad city? For sure, but be prepared for subpar women, and to be bored out of your mind. I once heard somebody on this forum try to argue that Mexican beach towns are better than Brazilian beach towns. I really need whatever that dude is smoking. Every nice beach down there is overrun with so many gringos that it doesn't even feel like Latin America. I definitely recommend checking it out for the culture and history, but to live? It's not for me.

Cortés

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I recently spent a few months in Mexico. I went in with super high expectations and very excited. After living in Brazil and Colombia, I found Mexico to be watered down. Even though what Kimby said sounds very negative, I agree with a lot of it. The women there are wack in every sense of the word. The only city that is remotely abundant with beautiful women is Guadalajara, and they have attitudes on par with the U.S and Canada. When the food is good, it is GOOD, but there is also a lot of gross, greasy, unhygienic food. Bring your stomach medicine. Huge gringo influence there; Krispy cream on every corner, burger king, Starbucks. Our influence and reach has infected the social culture as well (in the big cities at least). Can you escape the big city fuckery and live in a more trad city? For sure, but be prepared for subpar women, and to be bored out of your mind. I once heard somebody on this forum try to argue that Mexican beach towns are better than Brazilian beach towns. I really need whatever that dude is smoking. Every nice beach down there is overrun with so many gringos that it doesn't even feel like Latin America. I definitely recommend checking it out for the culture and history, but to live? It's not for me.
What beaches in mexico did you go to? I agree that Brazil's coastline is unbeatable but surely mexico has some hidden gems

JoeyB

Chicken
What beaches in mexico did you go to? I agree that Brazil's coastline is unbeatable but surely mexico has some hidden gems
I went to Cancun (most overrated place in the world?), Playa del Carmen, Tulum, the beaches north of Merida, Puerto Vallarta, and Cozumel. Obviously, there are plenty more to see, and there are a ton of beautiful beaches. I was speaking more in terms of depth, vibes, and culture. For me, there is nothing in the world that compares to a summer day in Rio, or even Balneario Camboriu or Florianopolis; beauty mixed with culture, women, and adventure. Touristy, but not totally centered around tourism. Mexico seems like it doesn't have anything similar to that, but if any of you happen to know of a place, please advise!

LoveBug

Kingfisher
I went to Cancun (most overrated place in the world?), Playa del Carmen, Tulum, the beaches north of Merida, Puerto Vallarta, and Cozumel. Obviously, there are plenty more to see, and there are a ton of beautiful beaches. I was speaking more in terms of depth, vibes, and culture. For me, there is nothing in the world that compares to a summer day in Rio, or even Balneario Camboriu or Florianopolis; beauty mixed with culture, women, and adventure. Touristy, but not totally centered around tourism. Mexico seems like it doesn't have anything similar to that, but if any of you happen to know of a place, please advise!

Ive been to all those beaches and agree with the assessment of being overcrowded with gringos, mostly.

I haven't heard of the Caribbean side of Mexico being strong beach wise. Ive only been to northern Baja but I can imagine Cabo and La Paz have their share of gringos. Oaxaca Ive heard there is a lot down there too.

Besides the fact that I had a passing enjoyment of Shawshank Redemption, I think Zihuatanejo is a decent sized coastal city with several different beaches in proximity (though the waves and sea mostly aren't strong, which is a heavy preference of mine). I haven't heard of it being overrun. If I return to my Guatemala stomping grounds I might hit up northern Chiapas/Boca del Cielo. But in terms of Mexico, Im still searching for that gringo less, beach paradise. The cost of living/food/cheap and short flight from North America still are in Mexico's favor, but..

Aloha50

Sparrow
The surf is far superior in Mexico although ironically, most of the top surfers in the world come from Brazil.

magaman

Woodpecker
So I know these aren't beach towns but have any of you been to Queretaro or San Miguel de Allende? I've been eyeballing those two places for future Mexico trips and if everything checks out well, then perhaps a more permanent stay.

Cortés

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Ive haven't traveled to Mexico yet so I couldn't give any recommendations, I was mostly just throwing that out there to maybe hear someone name some decent smaller gringo free beaches. I've spent most of my time in Brazil and I can't think of anything better, your remark about summer days on the beach has me reminiscing about riding out to Bertioga on the moto with my ex-girlfriends family and just having a blast. And being immersed into the local culture rather than just a tourist spot is another good point, and honestly one of the reasons I wasn't huge on Rio's beaches compared to some of the other places I visited. In Brazil it's very easy to get off the beaten path and be the only gringo, even better if you can learn a bit of Portuguese. I still have a huge list of small town Brazilian beaches i want to check out that surely not many foreigners have visited. Really anything north of Rio and outside of the major cities are uncharted territory for most foreigners
What beaches / municipalities do you met? What period did you visit? Why did you find the mediocre beaches? What leads you to go a beach?
I went to Torres and wasn't blown away, just a beach. All of your fellow gauchos agreed that RS lacks good beaches compared to Santa Catarina. But i think the best things about Rio Grande do Sul are in the interior. Beautiful spaced out farmland, rolling hills, European colonial towns, great churrasco, and chimarrão come to mind. I did enjoy my time in RS, but the beach was too far to spend more time on the coast. I would like to spend more time in the south but on a beach day I'll probably just go to Santa Catarina!

No te creo jaja how you gonna claim you speak Spanish when you don’t know the difference between the very basic verbs of saber and conocer bruh?

Now, I could be wrong as my Spanish isn’t perfect but you should’ve said “hablo español y conozco la cultura Latina” you don’t need to include the “yo” in the simple present tense, it’s assumed when you use hablo that you’re referring to yourself, or did they not teach you that in Spanish 101?

Good luck with establishing yourself in your white wonderland amongst the locals using Google translate amigo, I wish you the best jaja.
Because I don't care. I can learn. I have enough knowledge to get by. Your response was typed out by a bitter mestizo, or some low confidence nerd.

I know a few WN's in Argentina. It interests me because it seems like a solid European outpost to consider building a life in now that the US has become unlivable