2020 South American Expat Thread

Cortés

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Because I don't care. I can learn. I have enough knowledge to get by. Your response was typed out by a bitter mestizo, or some low confidence nerd.

I know a few WN's in Argentina. It interests me because it seems like a solid European outpost to consider building a life in now that the US has become unlivable
If you move to Argentina then youre going to be shitting up this thread a year from now complaining about the paraguayans and bolivians flooding the cities, leftists rampaging what's left of a once good country, crumbling economy, social degeneracy, and a government run by the people who hate Christ. Sound familiar?

Latin America is a good place to fall off the radar and be able to pay police $10 to screw off when they are getting in your way. Or to flee to if the feds are looking for you. Not even Argentina or uruguay will be some sort of strong state nationalist paradise that you are looking for.

If you're still convinced that you know better than people who have been there for significant amounts of time just go for yourself

scotian

Peacock
Gold Member
Because I don't care. I can learn. I have enough knowledge to get by. Your response was typed out by a bitter mestizo, or some low confidence nerd.

I know a few WN's in Argentina. It interests me because it seems like a solid European outpost to consider building a life in now that the US has become unlivable
Sure you can learn spanish and I wish you the best but you’re going to find out that your South America white nationalist fantasy land won’t be as you imagine it from your mom’s basement amigo.

No offence, but I believe the Argentina you want died long time ago.
The economy has never been the same after the 1998/1999 economic collapse. Most Argentinians are poor.
Birthrates are lower than in most European countries (despite including the Bolivians and Paraguayan semi-illegal workers who often have 3-4 kids while most Argentinian women don't even have one).
Argentinian women, overall, are the most susceptible to modern feminism and LGBT in the whole of South America, and general most of them are just absolutely unfeminine and unattractive.
Crime is a big problem in Argentina. (I felt safer in Sao Paulo, Brazil than in Buenos Aires...which is saying something.)
Most Argentinians see themselves as Argentinians ...not as Whites. Your WN ideology is largely unheard down there. The ones who agree with you are negligible in numbers (and probably could not fill a small bar.)
Nevertheless, I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Last edited:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Because I don't care. I can learn.

If you're going, you should be learning as much as you can now.

I went to SA a few years ago and learned the basics before going. What I found was 'getting by' while it works on a short vacation isn't by any means enough for an elongated stay where your langauge is put to the test beyond ordering off a menu or checking into a hotel.

I'd stay with the WN's or nearby to make sure you have some help while you get off the ground.

Fui para Torres e não fiquei maravilhado, apenas uma praia. Todos os seus camaradas gaúchos concordam que o RS carece de boas praias em comparação com Santa Catarina. Mas acho que o melhor do Rio Grande do Sul está no interior. Lindas fazendas espaçadas, colinas onduladas, cidades coloniais europeias, um ótimo churrasco e chimarrão vêm à mente. Gostei do meu tempo no RS, mas a praia era muito longe para passar mais tempo no litoral. Eu gostaria de passar mais tempo no sul, mas em um dia de praia provavelmente irei para Santa Catarina!
It has 2 reasons for the Brazilian State of Rio Grande do Sul not investing in its coast:

1st is only looking high in the summer (more precisely between Christmas and Carnival);

2º The sea is, in good part, "chocolate" (because of algae) and cold (even in summer).

Pullet

Chicken
I was in Mexico last month and the food was disgusting. When I changed country the first thing I noticed was that I could suddenly find edible food in many shops contrarily to Mexico where it's easier to find Coke bottles than water. While walking in CDMX I noticed small brown people walking in the streets I thought they were small chimpanzees at first but they were wearing masks then I understood that these were the mexican people in daily life. After a good meal at the local hamburger joint a typical mexican will take a stroll to show the other mexicans how beautifully the grease bounces off his body while he walks. Mexican women wear leggings but due to being fat lards they wear special types of leggings with multiple reinforcements and layers, and they wear the leggings very high above the belly button. Thanks to this technique you can be duped into thinking they have latina shapes but actually it's just fat that contrarily to mexican men doesn't bounce off their bodies. The leggings are very thick and cleverly manufactured it's complex shells a bit like a phone case with multiple layers. A venezuelan woman came to my apartment to talk with me with a bottle of wine at first I thought that she had the biggest ass I had ever seen I was very keen to talk with her. After 3 hours she agreed to show me her true self without her protective leggings layer ultra elastic and thick and blaaaaaooowwwrrrrpppppp I saw lots of sacks of grease suddenly. Wow, Mexico was a really great experience. Can't wait to visit the USA.

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Gold Member
The only conclusion that I can come to in regards to all this negativity in this thread about Mexicans and Mexico is that people get what they look for.

If you're the type of low value man who has some sort of superiority complex, then you're bound to be surrounded by poor people. People of value will notice your low value right away and they will stay the hell away from you. They have enough experience with drug addled, boozy gringos and Euro-trash who think they are God's gift to the planet.

Maybe you haven't realized that the majority of Central and South Americans are quite poor compared to Europeans and North Americans. Their diet is not great, but that's what they can afford. Their bodies also don't handle processed foods as well as ours do. The poorer strata of Latin American society does tend to have a problem with obesity. It's not that they eat any worse than the average North American or European, it's just that the foods that they can afford to eat (thanks to Western hegemony) is bad for them. The average Mexican doesn't choose what the corporations put on the shelf for them, nor do they have the education to know what we do.

On behalf of everybody who lives in Latin America, I apologize that the red carpet wasn't rolled out for you with a bountiful display of our finest women. But then again, with attitudes like yours, you deserved what you got. Better men attract better women.

Latam007

Chicken
I'm in a small and somewhat isolated area of Mexico on the pacific coast. I have experienced really nothing similar to anything that was mentioned earlier about Mexico. There's only a handful of gringos here, most of them much older in the Boomer generation category. As an early 20s guy I have met virtually nobody else in my age bracket at all. Everyone my age seems to just enjoy partying in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen. None of them are serious about taking the opportunity to get outside the control of US Gov and build a life from scratch like I am.

Mr. Majeed is right, you get out what you put in. Yes, obesity is an issue, but now many of the fattest countries in the world are now in the Middle East, so it's become a global problem, you can't just pick on Latin America. Mexico is probably one of the best choices in Latin America for business opportunities and ease of travel from the USA. You can buy beachfront, undeveloped property here for low 6 figures, something you'd never get back home.

I'm headed back home in a few weeks but I am keeping my house down here waiting for me as the rent is so damn cheap. I don't know any other guys under 25 who can say they have a house in Mexico. I'm looking forward to purchasing a condo penthouse with a view of the ocean soon. I found a comfortable and quaint place for only 200 bucks a month, that's literally 10 minutes away from world class surfing and gorgeous sunsets. This forum isn't to promote degeneracy but if you wanted to you could find a submissive Christian wife here.

I'm loving Mexico, I think it's great. I hit the gym everyday at a 24 hour fitness center with brand new machines. I can get food plates for 2-3$. The local café has great salads (rare for Mexico) and fast Wi-Fi speeds for working online. Can't get any better for a youngin like me who is tired of the USA and is looking for a second passport closer to home.

I understand why guys don't like the gringo traps like Carmen and Puerto Vallarta. But c'mon, it's a massive country... you're just being negative and cherry-picking for no good reason.

Last edited:

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
As a Colombian who went to Mexico I have to say that my main impressions were the following:
1. Federalism > Centralism.
2. American influence was enormous, no matter how hard they try to wave the Latino flag.
3. The infrastructure was amazing. Maybe because of American influence in their politics and culture? I don´t know
4. Most of the Mexicans I met were rude and judgmental. Some of the clerks even incredibly stupid and dumb.
5. I love Mexican food. Tacos were incredible.
6. Colombian women > Mexican women. Hands down. I live in a gold mine.
7. I could never live in Mexico long term and I prefer my third world country.
8. Mexican cops are scary and sketchy.
9. I don't like the Mexican accent.
10 .Mexicans don't know how to dance. I´m not even a dancer in my own country and I couldn´t stop laughing in the clubs by seeing how people danced.
11. Colombia is way less indigenous in its influence and genetics than Mexico.
12. Argentinians are more arrogant than some of the Westerners themselves.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
I'm in a small and somewhat isolated area of Mexico on the pacific coast. I have experienced really nothing similar to anything that was mentioned earlier about Mexico. There's only a handful of gringos here, most of them much older in the Boomer generation category. As an early 20s guy I have met virtually nobody else in my age bracket at all. Everyone my age seems to just enjoy partying in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen. None of them are serious about taking the opportunity to get outside the control of US Gov and build a life from scratch like I am.

Mr. Majeed is right, you get out what you put in. Yes, obesity is an issue, but now many of the fattest countries in the world are now in the Middle East, so it's become a global problem, you can't just pick on Latin America. Mexico is probably one of the best choices in Latin America for business opportunities and ease of travel from the USA. You can buy beachfront, undeveloped property here for low 6 figures, something you'd never get back home.

I'm headed back home in a few weeks but I am keeping my house down here waiting for me as the rent is so damn cheap. I don't know any other guys under 25 who can say they have a house in Mexico. I'm looking forward to purchasing a condo penthouse with a view of the ocean soon. I found a comfortable and quaint place for only 200 bucks a month, that's literally 10 minutes away from world class surfing and gorgeous sunsets. This forum isn't to promote degeneracy but if you wanted to you could find a submissive Christian wife here.

I'm loving Mexico, I think it's great. I hit the gym everyday at a 24 hour fitness center with brand new machines. I can get food plates for 2-3$. The local café has great salads (rare for Mexico) and fast Wi-Fi speeds for working online. Can't get any better for a youngin like me who is tired of the USA and is looking for a second passport closer to home.

I understand why guys don't like the gringo traps like Carmen and Puerto Vallarta. But c'mon, it's a massive country... you're just being negative and cherry-picking for no good reason.

Mexico has a lot going for it. The food, ease of travel, cost of living and much of the geography is very nice. I should add that in the "gringo less beach paradise" I personally seek, Id like it to be in a somewhat sizable metro area where there are potential wives to choose and everything for me is at hand. I'm sure you can find many isolated pockets where the culture is in tact and you can find cheap properties.

Pullet

Chicken
4. Most of the Mexicans I met were rude and judgmental. Some of the clerks even incredibly stupid and dumb.

It was a weird experience for me to visit a country like Mexico where the fat clerks with thick leggings will judge me instead of thinking about stopping being so fat. You go to a shoe store and it seems too much for them to handle when you tell them you want to try a 3rd pair of shoe. Yeah I don't care that you have to move your fat useless ass again to serve me again, that's not my problem. Go eat a hamburger after if it makes you happy about yourself. I remember I was waiting to get my new pair of shoes to try on at the shop and that fat slave she came over with the shoe box and intentedly stumbled and dropped it on the way near me. For mexicans it's a way of being rude to you. Something they like to do too is to tell you to take a specific path when walking. The fattie way of disrespecting you. They are so full of themselves eating burger after burger, hiding all that grease under their leggings just can't help it. Their mexican accent doesn't help with their slow manners and a weird mix of fear, anger and passive-agressiveness in their vibes. When small mexican fatties were visiting my country it was a weird sight to notice them like that outside of their natural habitats. You notice easily the small fattie with a scared attitude a bit frustrated of being so fat a lazy now that she's not in mexico anymore she notices that people do care about weight. She tries the legging trick thinking it's gonna help her cope in whitey-land. Let's hide that fat lard, put the legging way up and be nice to people. Bluuuuurppppppp. A sack of grease got out of the legging while walking. Some whiteys noticed, took a 1/3 second peek at her from their tall stature and decided she doesn't exist. Poor mexican woman visiting white country is gonna eat at mcdonalds to feel better. Will switch to relaxed fit clothes that will make her non-existant to whiteys, that inadapted small fat lard hiding her body with ugly clothes.

Their diet is not great, but that's what they can afford.

Rice, olive oil and chicken are cheap. The fat chimps could cook at home and call it a day. After 10 years of being overweight you kinda have to take responsability whut. Instead of telling people to walk a certain way. Hiding with a mask in the streets. Good mexican slave does what he's told wear the mask and continue to eat mcdonalds everyday. I remember I was with this fat mexican girl and she was checking her ig all I saw were posts of food that she was following. The ads were weight loss ads of course. She was devouring the ig posts for at least 10 minutes, liking many of them frantically. Never saw something more pathetic than that. Fatties are fat because they decided to be. A pack of rice is $1.

Last edited:

Latam007

Chicken
I'll elaborate a bit more on my experiences in Mexico.

Where I'm located (not going to disclose but within 4 hours of Guadalajara) the rain season is tough. As I'm writing this I just sat through Hurricane Enrique. It brushed by the coastline here and did a number on a few small businesses. Had some storm surge come along and wreck a nice seafood place nearby. The hurricane wasn't THAT bad, I never felt unsafe or anything, just make sure you don't buy property right on the beach and that it's built from solid cinderblock concrete AND not ground level. If you buy anything ground level you are going to be in big trouble and completely flooded. My local gym (that was just built 3 months ago) somehow didn't even think to install a pump... midway through my workout I was stepping around in 4 inch deep water and had to call it quits for the night.

My brother who is also here with me had a conversation with an older Canadian who was super fixated on buying beachfront property (literally on the beach.) He couldn't understand why the locals didn't want it and why it was so cheap... my brother asked him: "Have you ever stayed here through the rainy season?" "Uh, no, why?"

So yeah around mid-late June it will rain every single day, and during June this year I sat through a near hurricane tropical storm and finally a real hurricane today. It wasn't that bad, but I'm headed back to the states soon. It gets ridiculously hot and muggy, think 85%+ humidity with around 95 degree temps on the regular. My plan to negate this usually involves heading up to the Northeast USA from July to November, making as much money as I can, and then bouncing back down here to my condo.

This is a major factor I had to take into consideration if I wanted to make this my home.

Another thing to consider for all the guys who seem super concerned about women, like the guy above... bro what do you expect? To just show up and have them worship you in a large circle? I mean come on, at this point foreigners aren't anything special down here.

Unfortunately many of the women in Mexico are quite entitled. Many don't attend church and come from broken households with a lack of strong father figures. Instagram is a prominent part of their lives. You older guys should just be more thankful you aren't Gen-Z. I found many of the women have a snarky attitude but will still give you the time of day, which is kind of bizarre, I think it's because most of them don't have anything going on in their lives. Most of them are Airheads but my brother found a really down to earth girl to manage his properties. What a lucky guy. Unfortunately for this kind of arrangement you are going to trade down in appearance or attractiveness. That shouldn't be your priority as a Christian anyway, but you shouldn't be too far apart either as I believe that can cause discord in the relationship.

I still think it's better in terms of culture than the United States, but the people are very fat and out of shape. Not many women even hit the gym, and the ones that do are kind of skinny fat. This is a problem throughout Latin America and much of the world in 2021, you aren't going to escape it by flying to some part of Brazil or Colombia.

Wrapping this up I thought I'd touch on some issues with Mexico that I've experienced that you should take into consideration. Remember the specific area you are choosing in a country, as Abdul Majeed said has it's own considerations and is more important than "which" country. Mexico is a highly diverse geography with many different microclimates, ranging from tropical rainforest, tropical savannah, to straight up deserts. You should also consider your lifestyle and how that plays into your ideal location. If you're a big outdoors person, love hitting the gym 6 days a week, and hate spending time on the computer just like me, you need to choose somewhere ideally outside of the large Tier 1 cities. If you are cool with sitting in your air conditioned condo 24/7 then I'd recommend somewhere like Monterrey or Guadalajara. For me the air pollution is a bit much to deal with.

Last edited:

Kentemo

Robin
Gold Member
I don't get all the negativity about Mexico. Currently also living in Mexico and really loving my time here.

Ok, obesity is a problem, but get over it. It's not your problem, and there are plenty of nice, petite, skinny girls in Mexico. Just go after those, if you are scared of a little fat.

You know what helps in Mexico? Smile a lot. I feel when I smile, when I have patience, and just act without a superiority complex, the people are actually super friendly - a lot friendlier than the West European country I am from. I just got invited to a wedding a couple of days ago. I don't know the bride, it's literally the cousin of a good friend, and she invited me when were drinking one night. I've also been invited on excursions, Mexicans I just met have actually paid for my tacos just because they were interested in me, I can talk to people in the park without a problem.

Just realize that you're not special here. Mexico has received a shit ton of tourists, so just because you are a guero with blue eyes, doesn't mean that you're entitled to anything. There's a saying that I believe is actually true in Mexico and that I lik a lot: 'el verbo mata carita''', which basically means ''knowing how to talk, flirt, etc (your personality) is a lot more important then a beautiful face or being handsome. Of course having both will help you a lot. Just don't be a dick, having a sense of humor is very important in Mexico.

The food is very greasy, but it can vary alot. It's not hard to find something else like healthy food options either. There's something for everyone. Although I eat so many tacos, tortas, alhambres, etc.. I need to start running again, or some gringo is going to make fun of me when I become fat.

But in all seriousness, just go with an open mind, this country has its problems, but there is something for everyone. And yeah, for Western standards it is cheap. I once gave 200 pesos to a guy on the street (like 10$), for me it doesn't mean too much, but that's a pretty big help for some of the people living on the street, getting food from the trash can.

You people need to drop the attitude, and realize how lucky you are.

Last edited:

LoveBug

Kingfisher
I don't get all the negativity about Mexico. Currently also living in Mexico and really loving my time here.

Ok, obesity is a problem, but get over it. It's not your problem, and there are plenty of nice, petite, skinny girls in Mexico. Just go after those, if you are scared of a little fat.

You know what helps in Mexico? Smile a lot. I feel when I smile, when I have patience, and just act without a superiority complex, the people are actually super friendly - a lot friendlier than the West European country I am from. I just got invited to a wedding a couple of days ago. I don't know the bride, it's literally the cousin of a good friend, and she invited me when were drinking one night. I've also been invited on excursions, Mexicans I just met have actually paid for my tacos just because they were interested in me, I can talk to people in the park without a problem.

Just realize that you're not special here. Mexico has received a shit ton of tourists, so just because you are a guero with blue eyes, doesn't mean that you're entitled to anything. There's a saying that I believe is actually true in Mexico and that I lik a lot: 'el verbo mata carita''', which basically means ''knowing how to talk, flirt, etc (your personality) is a lot more important then a beautiful face or being handsome. Of course having both will help you a lot. Just don't be a dick, having a sense of humor is very important in Mexico.

The food is very greasy, but it can vary alot. It's not hard to find something else like healthy food options either. There's something for everyone. Although I eat so many tacos, tortas, alhambres, etc.. I need to start running again, or some gringo is going to make fun of me when I become fat.

But in all seriousness, just go with an open mind, this country has its problems, but there is something for everyone. And yeah, for Western standards it is cheap. I once gave 200 pesos to a guy on the street (like 10$), for me it doesn't mean too much, but that's a pretty big help for some of the people living on the street, getting food from the trash can.

You people need to drop the attitude, and realize how lucky you are.

I have an overall love for Mexico, but as you and one of the above posters pointed out, the gringo effect is lacking. That will happen with 100+ mil visitors to a country every year and over a million North Americans living there.

Wanting the gringo effect, to be honest, is greater once you start hitting middle age (Im 42 now). Even if, to my perception, I look solid/young for my age and have some swag, once you start hitting late 30s on up every bit helps :)

In Guatemala you still get that effect. In the next several months Im going to be hitting up Honduras/El Salvador/Ecuador/Peru to check out those environs, we'll see what the effect is there. I don't really care about girls too much anymore, if/when mrs right comes she comes. I guess its more about not wanting to be around gringos either and that instinct to go where others aren't

Last edited:
I have an overall love for Mexico, but as you and one of the above posters pointed out, the gringo effect is lacking. That will happen with 100+ mil visitors to a country every year and over a million North Americans living there.

Wanting the gringo effect, to be honest, is greater once you start hitting middle age (Im 42 now). Even if, to my perception, I look solid/young for my age and have some swag, once you start hitting late 30s on up every bit helps :)

In Guatemala you still get that effect. In the next several months Im going to be hitting up Honduras/El Salvador/Ecuador/Peru to check out those environs, we'll see what the effect is there. I don't really care about girls too much anymore, if/when mrs right comes she comes. I guess its more about not wanting to be around gringos either and that instinct to go where others aren't
"once you start hitting late 30s on up every bit helps."

Very true.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I look solid/young for my age and have some swag, once you start hitting late 30s on up every bit helps :)
giphy.gif

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

On that same topic I am in my early 40's and when I ask people to guess my age they always guess somewhere between mid and late 20s. I think a saving grace for me is no grey hair in my auburn beard... compared to my friends back home my age with tons of salt and pepper. I credit that to healthier lifestyle and green tea. I legit drank a mug green tea and honey for every day for the majority of my adult life. Kind of wild to think about now.... how much of a difference in our bodies and the way we age can be tied to food and drink.

ginsu

Woodpecker
On that same topic I am in my early 40's and when I ask people to guess my age they always guess somewhere between mid and late 20s. I think a saving grace for me is no grey hair in my auburn beard... compared to my friends back home my age with tons of salt and pepper. I credit that to healthier lifestyle and green tea. I legit drank a mug green tea and honey for every day for the majority of my adult life. Kind of wild to think about now.... how much of a difference in our bodies and the way we age can be tied to food and drink.
what do you think the effects of coffee are on aging ?

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
what do you think the effects of coffee are on aging ?
Honestly I don't know.... I was always a tea drinker and only started drinking coffee on my first trip to Colombia around 6 years ago. I need to get back on my tea habit though. I only drink one black coffee a day.... I think in moderation coffee is probably fine, but there is a thread on here somewhere about quitting it being a "game changer"