2020 South American Expat Thread

brimby

Pigeon
Orthodox
Goodluck in Colombia. I was in Bogota 2 weeks ago and didn't enjoy it much. Masks everywhere, 50-60% of restaurants asking for vax cert, cinema asking for vax cert. South America seems completely under the spell (except maybe Brazil)

I assume you are vaxxed if you are trying to enter Colombia anyway as you can't without, so it may not be all that bad.

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Goodluck in Colombia. I was in Bogota 2 weeks ago and didn't enjoy it much. Masks everywhere, 50-60% of restaurants asking for vax cert, cinema asking for vax cert. South America seems completely under the spell (except maybe Brazil)

I assume you are vaxxed if you are trying to enter Colombia anyway as you can't without, so it may not be all that bad.
I'm getting prepared for the worst. Getting out of debt, cutting down expenses, saving money, searching for passive income solutions such as Crypto mining and overall telling my family I may become a homeless person or starve to death. The other day the health minster retweeted the Austrian measures jokingly foreshadowing what's to come. I may be wrong, we have gangs, crime, saturated prisons, low impact civil war going on but they are all into the globalist agenda. I'm even starting to think about learning how to fish so I can eat mojarra frita with white rice for the following years.

OnTheRun

Banned
Protestant
I dont know if its possible because the world seems intent of switching to Pfizer, but you may still be able to get China's sinoshot. If nothing else, its not an RNA needle. Quite a few Mexican friends got it and had 0 side effects.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
I dont know if its possible because the world seems intent of switching to Pfizer, but you may still be able to get China's sinoshot. If nothing else, its not an RNA needle. Quite a few Mexican friends got it and had 0 side effects.

Indeed, all of my friends in Argentina insisted on getting the Sinopharm vaccine, which is a classic non-RNA one, and had zero side effects. In Argentina we call it, the friendly Chinese vaccine, no-one gets sick from it.

I think it's Handsome Creepy Eel here, who also managed to get the Sinopharm (in Serbia?) and have it recognised in Croatia (or Austria?).
Anyway, half a dozen EU european countries, recognise the Sinopharm shots. It's a good option against RNAs.

brimby

Pigeon
Orthodox

Indeed, all of my friends in Argentina insisted on getting the Sinopharm vaccine, which is a classic non-RNA one, and had zero side effects. In Argentina we call it, the friendly Chinese vaccine, no-one gets sick from it.

I think it's Handsome Creepy Eel here, who also managed to get the Sinopharm (in Serbia?) and have it recognised in Croatia (or Austria?).
Anyway, half a dozen EU european countries, recognise the Sinopharm shots. It's a good option against RNAs.
I don't think anyone should be promoting any covid vax period.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I'm thinking Europe is off the table now that the situation is ready to implode with Ukraine. I'm going to wait another week or two to see what happens. Never been to Latin America before. Any advice for someone who is not vaccinated, and first time traveler? Any "easier" destinations?