2020 South American Expat Thread

brimby

Sparrow
Orthodox
This could be, it seems a pattern is emerging, who knows about the Fall, but Greece just opened up - so even in Europe some things have been changing.
I found with Europe it was very fragmented, so even if you couldn't access the European country you wanted to go to if you visited one of the open European countries first you could then enter the one you wanted from there.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Catholic
Arrived in Guatemala for the first time post-covid and nearly everyone here in Xela is wearing masks. Its as bad as anything I've seen in the states.

I'm taken aback. Its going to ruin my experience a bit here this time to have to conform socially to it if its like this in the rest of the country

brimby

Sparrow
Orthodox
Arrived in Guatemala for the first time post-covid and nearly everyone here in Xela is wearing masks. Its as bad as anything I've seen in the states.

I'm taken aback. Its going to ruin my experience a bit here this time to have to conform socially to it if its like this in the rest of the country
I found all of Latin America to be complete indoctrinated with masks.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Catholic
I'm getting concerned that I may have mistook the laissez faire attitude I experienced towards masks in certain countries when it may have been confidence in being vaccinated in terms of not wearing them

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Cr33pin and his magnificent beard the other day. He's the second RVF'er I have met in real life (first one being Bladerunner -maybe 3 or 4 years ago - time passes quickly these days).

I was in David taking care of a bit of business, so I took the 40 minute bus ride up to Boquete to have lunch and a coffee with him. He's a pretty tall guy, towers above the locals. I don't doubt he has the potential to become the Pickle ball champion of Chiriqui one day.

It was a bit strange in David and Boquete, everyone was still wearing masks even though it's no longer a government requirement. I'd see people driving in cars or riding their bicycles by themselves with their masks still clinging to their faces. I would estimate 90% of people I saw were still wearing masks. It's the inverse in Bocas. Very few people still wear masks, maybe 10% of the population. We still have the grannies and the Chinese, some with those silly face shields, but they are few and far between. It's almost like the islands are completely over Covid now and want to get on with living, but in the province of Chiriqui, something different has happened there and people still don't realize what a hoax this whole episode has been. It must be the local media people consume. I just found it very odd that the narrative would be so different in neighbouring provinces.

David has changed a little bit since pre-Covid days. All the fun spots seem to be gone. There was a restaurant, run by a Canadian guy that served the best chicken wings in all of Panama, but it's no longer there, it's now a local joint serving comidas tipicos and hamburguesas. What a loss. It seems like they roll up the sidewalks at 8 pm and the few places that are open after that are just local establishments (which is fine by me - I can have a beer or two with anyone, even drunk indigenous people), but where did all the gringos go? Are they locked in their houses, going to bed with their masks on?

Bocas is thriving right now, all the bars and restaurants are becoming packed. My friend who sells real estate here has never been doing better in the 25 years since he came here.

I just find it odd that people have such a different reaction to the Covid narrative, even though it's only about a 6 hour journey away from one another.

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Other Christian
For those in LatAm, how do you build/find community of like-minded people? It seems (no, it's a fact) that I'm surrounded by sheeple, muzzled walking the streets and in their cars. I'm connected with some freedom groups but they're few and far between. To make LatAm a future for people that value liberty the locals need to rise up but I see nothing but complacency - and slaves begging for more government regulations
I learned English at a very young age and joined the Roosh v forum, because outside of this community I virtually have no chance to share the stuff I can do here. Antivax groups are another group of people in latam that are starting to wake up but those are mostly of the Qanon types and still mostly old people, so yeah, it's hard

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
On other news our cucked government has lifted vax card restrictions in public venues and removed mask mandates as of May 1st, i hope it lasts so i can keep saving money and prepare for the worst.
Have entrance requirements changed? For example, would I need to do anything special to travel to ciudad X en Colombia?

brimby

Sparrow
Orthodox
Entry requirements are still there, but considering a few other South American countries relaxed their entry requirements, keep an eye on Colombia relaxing them on May 1 too.

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I have not heard or read anything in that direction.

The airline will check if you are vaccinated. It is not very thorough (quick glance). No one checks at the border.
Most convenient route would to spend a few hundred USD on the dark web beforehand.
The Chancellery office still says that unvax foreign citizens can't enter. I think though they'll open up eventually.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
I learned English at a very young age and joined the Roosh v forum, because outside of this community I virtually have no chance to share the stuff I can do here. Antivax groups are another group of people in latam that are starting to wake up but those are mostly of the Qanon types and still mostly old people, so yeah, it's hard
Which country is that?

BLMeToo

Robin
Catholic
People here are literally retarded in many ways. Specially when it comes to freedom and politics.
I was in Barranquilla last year right before they required the jab for entry. Very true, people there are dumb. It was disturbing how readily people bought into the masks and vax, even more than in the lefty parts of the USA. Nice people though. But the costeño accent is HARD to understand.

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I was in Barranquilla last year right before they required the jab for entry. Very true, people there are dumb. It was disturbing how readily people bought into the masks and vax, even more than in the lefty parts of the USA. Nice people though. But the costeño accent is HARD to understand.
Totally agree, most people, including young ones got jabbed because in their own words: "they'll ask for that card everywhere". Not a single thought of suspicion, doubt in the government, narrative, media. I'm the only one in my job who didn't get the jab and thankfully still working.

Ps: yeah, even i can't understand costeño spanish some times, cheers

Cr33pin

Peacock
Other Christian
Gold Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Cr33pin and his magnificent beard the other day. He's the second RVF'er I have met in real life (first one being Bladerunner -maybe 3 or 4 years ago - time passes quickly these days).

I was in David taking care of a bit of business, so I took the 40 minute bus ride up to Boquete to have lunch and a coffee with him. He's a pretty tall guy, towers above the locals. I don't doubt he has the potential to become the Pickle ball champion of Chiriqui one day.

It was a bit strange in David and Boquete, everyone was still wearing masks even though it's no longer a government requirement. I'd see people driving in cars or riding their bicycles by themselves with their masks still clinging to their faces. I would estimate 90% of people I saw were still wearing masks. It's the inverse in Bocas. Very few people still wear masks, maybe 10% of the population. We still have the grannies and the Chinese, some with those silly face shields, but they are few and far between. It's almost like the islands are completely over Covid now and want to get on with living, but in the province of Chiriqui, something different has happened there and people still don't realize what a hoax this whole episode has been. It must be the local media people consume. I just found it very odd that the narrative would be so different in neighbouring provinces.

David has changed a little bit since pre-Covid days. All the fun spots seem to be gone. There was a restaurant, run by a Canadian guy that served the best chicken wings in all of Panama, but it's no longer there, it's now a local joint serving comidas tipicos and hamburguesas. What a loss. It seems like they roll up the sidewalks at 8 pm and the few places that are open after that are just local establishments (which is fine by me - I can have a beer or two with anyone, even drunk indigenous people), but where did all the gringos go? Are they locked in their houses, going to bed with their masks on?

Bocas is thriving right now, all the bars and restaurants are becoming packed. My friend who sells real estate here has never been doing better in the 25 years since he came here.

I just find it odd that people have such a different reaction to the Covid narrative, even though it's only about a 6 hour journey away from one another.
'Twas a pleasure amigo.... come to think of it I haven't met up with another RVF brethren in years. Stark contrast to the days of old when I must have met 50-100 RVF members all around the world. Those days have come and gone, as with many things in life.

I was in Barranquilla last summer before coming to Panama and I saw people in legit bee keeper outfits with duck tape around the wrist/gloves shopping in stores....

COtrailrider

Robin
Gnostic or New Age
It's interesting because as the scam continued I would hear various groups talk about how naturally untrusting the people were towards their governments in LatAm. The example I heard the most is how once the government starts going after their money (via a CBDC) that then they'll really start getting up in arms. I always counter with the obvious - if they bought, and still are buying, the government 'rules' towards masking and other regulations then they're clearly trusting of their so-called leaders.

I'm in MX and have seen small towns and big cities. The consensus is that they clearly think it's the plague. Smaller areas are better, but in the cities I see close to 90% masked outside still - some are even double-masked. They ride motorcycles with a mask on too. I even saw a dad with his daughter riding basically on the gas tank of his motorcycle and get this: she didn't have a helmet on but she had a mask on! I wish I took a picture of this madness.

In each place I actively seek out the places that don't make me wear one and continually give them my business. I'm in a new city now and found a hole in the wall restaurant that's OK with it, and another hole in the wall coffee shop/chocolate shop/bakery as well. Just this morning I walked in unmasked to a local coffee shop and the staff were wearing a surgical mask and a face shield, then he tells me I need a mask. I tell him I have a medical exemption and can't wear one. He thinks about it and can't find his words exactly, then doubles down on it so I say OK and walk out. They believe in the farce so much that they won't even take a gringos money! I never thought I'd see the day.

They smoke cigarettes a ton and eat crap food, but apparently they care about their health. As someone else mentioned above I need to seek out some of the higher IQ people here since they can at least be (somewhat, hopefully) reasoned with. Even in the jiu jitsu school I've been training at maybe 50-60% wear the mask while training. I think my goal for the next week is to approach people not wearing a mask and see how it goes - it's a low bar to set but as we know the mask is a test, so if they're already better than 90% of the others it's a damn good place to start...

There's a lot of positives to being here too though, so I don't want to come off as too cynical on the prospects. The weather, the women are much more feminine, the food, the cost of living, the lack of tech (outside of the big areas), a lot of freedom people are moving here, and more.

Mountaineer

Banned
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
It's interesting because as the scam continued I would hear various groups talk about how naturally untrusting the people were towards their governments in LatAm. The example I heard the most is how once the government starts going after their money (via a CBDC) that then they'll really start getting up in arms. I always counter with the obvious - if they bought, and still are buying, the government 'rules' towards masking and other regulations then they're clearly trusting of their so-called leaders.

I'm in MX and have seen small towns and big cities. The consensus is that they clearly think it's the plague. Smaller areas are better, but in the cities I see close to 90% masked outside still - some are even double-masked. They ride motorcycles with a mask on too. I even saw a dad with his daughter riding basically on the gas tank of his motorcycle and get this: she didn't have a helmet on but she had a mask on! I wish I took a picture of this madness.

In each place I actively seek out the places that don't make me wear one and continually give them my business. I'm in a new city now and found a hole in the wall restaurant that's OK with it, and another hole in the wall coffee shop/chocolate shop/bakery as well. Just this morning I walked in unmasked to a local coffee shop and the staff were wearing a surgical mask and a face shield, then he tells me I need a mask. I tell him I have a medical exemption and can't wear one. He thinks about it and can't find his words exactly, then doubles down on it so I say OK and walk out. They believe in the farce so much that they won't even take a gringos money! I never thought I'd see the day.

They smoke cigarettes a ton and eat crap food, but apparently they care about their health. As someone else mentioned above I need to seek out some of the higher IQ people here since they can at least be (somewhat, hopefully) reasoned with. Even in the jiu jitsu school I've been training at maybe 50-60% wear the mask while training. I think my goal for the next week is to approach people not wearing a mask and see how it goes - it's a low bar to set but as we know the mask is a test, so if they're already better than 90% of the others it's a damn good place to start...

There's a lot of positives to being here too though, so I don't want to come off as too cynical on the prospects. The weather, the women are much more feminine, the food, the cost of living, the lack of tech (outside of the big areas), a lot of freedom people are moving here, and more.
Which state are you talking about?