2020 United States Election Results

GodfatherPartTwo

Kingfisher
Had a drunk guy at my favorite cigar shop unironically tell me that the election wasn't rigged and how Trump wasn't a "real" conservative. I stopped talking to him and went on my way but the other guys were happy to chime in.

This guy is a good metaphor for the Republican party. Drunk, in denial, and still thinks we can take it back fair and square if we just uphold conservative principles.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I don't think that's quite it. Manchin was really unhappy that Schumer went on that anti-Republican rant on the Senate floor just after the Republicans agreed to compromise on a temporary waiver on the debt ceiling. He's telling the Democratic leadership, "If you keep up that overly-partisan nonsense, I'm leaving." As we all know, Manchin represents one of the "reddest" states in the US, and if he looks like he hates Republicans, the voters in his state might turn on him.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I guess the question then becomes, how "rigged" are the down-ticket candidates? To the same degree, since they can do a "straight ticket" vote?

It's going to depend on the state. Some states apparently can get away with murder, and count millions more mail in ballots in their tally than were mailed out(Pennsylvania), and some states have gone through stricter election reform to cut down on cheating(Florida)

As for what is going to happen in future elections, don't get your hopes up for any particular candidate to "save" america, or anything close to it, for Trump, or Desantis, or anyone. Have faith in God, have faith in what you can do in your own life and sure you can participate in the political process, vote in elections or even volunteer on a campaign, but don't put any real faith in politics, the game in Washington is rigged and the oligarchs will always win.

DeusLuxMeaEst

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Had a drunk guy at my favorite cigar shop unironically tell me that the election wasn't rigged and how Trump wasn't a "real" conservative. I stopped talking to him and went on my way but the other guys were happy to chime in.

This guy is a good metaphor for the Republican party. Drunk, in denial, and still thinks we can take it back fair and square if we just uphold conservative principles.

"Drunk sir can you name just one issue the Republican party has conserved and not cucked on in the past 50 years?"

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
:sneaky:

Donald Trump Jr. is selling shirts that say ‘Guns Don’t Kill People, Alec Baldwin Kills People.’

757b57fb07ab5ce166e00f7c852f12ed_590x.jpg

25b38925e277de35fb88853f88fa4988_043993b7-1ab2-4d18-8826-c2c830f17989_590x.jpg

Probably White parents who don't like their kids being taught in school that they are evil by birth and Asian parents voting against Affirmative Action discrimination.

This might be the last stand for the GOP but it is good to see more good people pulling their heads out of their rear ends.

This might be the last stand for the GOP but it is good to see more good people pulling their heads out of their rear ends.

It may seem like it but this race is sort of troubling. I'm not overly familiar with Youngkin but my understanding is he represents a sort of old guard of Bush Republicans. Aka, a return to the way things were. It was likely this election was just a setup: The D is a Clinton-esque stooge and the R is a Bush-esque stooge.

Conservatives think they've won again and take it as a sign of a change on the national stage. Instead this is just hopium put on for you by the news media. Youngkin is unlikely to do anything and was a choice of those in charge. The plebs feel good but the system has preserved itself and gone back to a pre-Trump era.

The whole CRT thing is a bit of canard. Any parent with their children still in public schools should be ashamed of themselves for their stupidity and cowardice. Their heads are so far up their rear ends I consider them just as dangerous as our enemies at this point.

It may seem like it but this race is sort of troubling. I'm not overly familiar with Youngkin but my understanding is he represents a sort of old guard of Bush Republicans. Aka, a return to the way things were. It was likely this election was just a setup: The D is a Clinton-esque stooge and the R is a Bush-esque stooge.

Conservatives think they've won again and take it as a sign of a change on the national stage. Instead this is just hopium put on for you by the news media. Youngkin is unlikely to do anything and was a choice of those in charge. The plebs feel good but the system has preserved itself and gone back to a pre-Trump era.

The whole CRT thing is a bit of canard. Any parent with their children still in public schools should be ashamed of themselves for their stupidity and cowardice. Their heads are so far up their rear ends I consider them just as dangerous as our enemies at this point.
I am hearing the same from the National Media. Of course they lie a lot, so I don't know if they are telling the truth here or not. They claim Youngkin would accept Trump for the Trump voting base but kept him at an arm's distance to flip suburban white women. I don't know the truth to this, just what I heard.

It is nice to win the election, but if he gets nothing done, then it will not only be for nothing, it will suck people back into the paradigm that they are one election away and things will workout fine on their own.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
The lessons of the last 70 years are those of vigilance and the way things change when you don't care and don't want to be bothered. Demons never stop, but trads rest on their laurels or on the new "economy" ... until they wake up to a nightmare and scramble to try to undo what has been undone. Usually chaos ensues.

Enoch

Hummingbird
I am hearing the same from the National Media. Of course they lie a lot, so I don't know if they are telling the truth here or not. They claim Youngkin would accept Trump for the Trump voting base but kept him at an arm's distance to flip suburban white women. I don't know the truth to this, just what I heard.

It is nice to win the election, but if he gets nothing done, then it will not only be for nothing, it will suck people back into the paradigm that they are one election away and things will workout fine on their own.
Hilarious how the media has made Trump out to be some fringe, outsider guy. He is the perfect boogeyman. You look up Shabbos in the dictionary and you see his face.