2022 China COVID Lockdowns - What's going on?

muscacav

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
The best rulers are those who are not noticed by the people.
Slightly worse are those rulers to whom the people are tied.
Even worse are those rulers who are feared by the people.
The worst rulers are those who are despised by the people.

If you want to lead the people, you must first follow them.

-- Confucius
The following article may give you a different point of view if you think Xi's China is adept of Confucianism.

Quoting from the article above (archived because it isn't online anymore):
Such concentration of power is not inherent in Confucian thought. Confucius himself, while assuming exemplary kingly rule, imagines a politics that allows sufficient social freedom for individuals and ministers to exercise a kind of moral autonomy when deciding upon the right thing to do. Mencius is famous for assertively speaking truth to power.

Classical Chinese Legalists, however, have little patience for obstreperous moralists and ministers. Rather, they focus on the necessity of concentrating power in the hands of the ruler. Shang Yang (c.390–338 BCE), the infamous and brutal Legalist Qin statesman, tells us: “When the sage rules the state, he is able to consolidate force and to spend force … Hence, he who rules the state well consolidates force to attain a rich country and strong army.” (Yuri Pines, trans., pp. 173-174)

Last edited:

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
Yes, he knows that, and that's why (from my understanding) he's crying and shouting "I want to die, I'll commit suicide". It's not the quarantine per se that drives him to despair, it's the thought of being deported back to France.

That's the state of affairs. A Western-European native, happily expatriated in China (or any other Asian or South American country, actually), would rather die than being forced to go back to degenerate GloboHomo Western Europe.

So one can criticise China as much as they want, but, all Western European expats I've known in China (or South America or Russia or Vietnam), would rather die before being dragged back to Western Europe GloboHomo land. There's nothing left for us good heterosexual Native Europeans in Western Europe.

By the way, there are probably 60 millions Christians in China. Though few Orthodox Christians (maybe thirty thousands?). One thing is certain in any case, it's that the Chinese do not burn down historic Orthodox Churches, contrary to what happened a few days ago to the world-revered Saint Seraphim of Sarov wooden Church of Paris (which was burnt to the ground with its invaluable icon collection)... So, I contend that Christians are currently safer in China!

Now, if you put "Christianity in China" in Google search engine, you'll be surprised...

View attachment 41023

^seriously? Google is heavily trolling!

Edit : about the Saint Seraphim of Sarov Church, burned down by "unknown perps" in Paris, it can be noted that the Epitaphion has miraculously survived the flames, untouched...

View attachment 41024

In that sense there is hope for China to move away from its Totalitarianism that has haunted it for so long.

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
@Going strong can you provide your insights into this thread?

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
Yes, he knows that, and that's why (from my understanding) he's crying and shouting "I want to die, I'll commit suicide". It's not the quarantine per se that drives him to despair, it's the thought of being deported back to France.

That's the state of affairs. A Western-European native, happily expatriated in China (or any other Asian or South American country, actually), would rather die than being forced to go back to degenerate GloboHomo Western Europe.

So one can criticise China as much as they want, but, all Western European expats I've known in China (or South America or Russia or Vietnam), would rather die before being dragged back to Western Europe GloboHomo land. There's nothing left for us good heterosexual Native Europeans in Western Europe.

By the way, there are probably 60 millions Christians in China. Though few Orthodox Christians (maybe thirty thousands?). One thing is certain in any case, it's that the Chinese do not burn down historic Orthodox Churches, contrary to what happened a few days ago to the world-revered Saint Seraphim of Sarov wooden Church of Paris (which was burnt to the ground with its invaluable icon collection)... So, I contend that Christians are currently safer in China!

Now, if you put "Christianity in China" in Google search engine, you'll be surprised...

View attachment 41023

^seriously? Google is heavily trolling!

Edit : about the Saint Seraphim of Sarov Church, burned down by "unknown perps" in Paris, it can be noted that the Epitaphion has miraculously survived the flames, untouched...

View attachment 41024

I think quote was just after the Guangzhou massacre:
The Chinese rebels led by Huang Chao slaughtered Jews, Muslim Arabs, Muslim Persians, Zoroastrians (a.k.a. Parsees or Mazdaists) and Christians when they seized and conquered, according to Arab writer Abu Zayd Hasan As-Sirafi. Huang Chao's army was in Guangzhou during 878–879.[9][10][11][12][13][14][15] Mulberry groves were also ruined by Huang's army.[16] Only the Arabic source of Abu Zaid mentions the massacre; Chinese sources of the Tang dynasty history say nothing of the massacre and only mention Huang Chao occupying Guangzhou and retreating after disease struck his army.

Most of the victims were foreign and wealthy.[17]

The death toll could have ranged from 120,000 to 200,000 foreigners.[18][19][20]

Foreigners have at different periods settled in China; but after remaining for a time, they have been massacred. For instance, Mohammedans and others settled at Canton in the ninth century; and in 889, it is said that 120,000 foreign settlers were massacred.[21]
— the American Baptist Foreign Mission Society, "The Baptist missionary magazine" (1869)

BarrontheTigercat

Kingfisher
Other Christian
The best rulers are those who are not noticed by the people.
Slightly worse are those rulers to whom the people are tied.
Even worse are those rulers who are feared by the people.
The worst rulers are those who are despised by the people.

If you want to lead the people, you must first follow them.

-- Confucius
I'm uncertain of the provenance of this.

It's obviously not from a Legalist source.

I've seen it attributed to Daoist sage Lao Zi, certainly it was quoted by later Daoist sage Zhuang Zi .

It's a deep wisdom that reflects well on Confucius Li Er or whoever it originated from.
It certainly accords with the freedom loving aspect of early daoist thought.

There is a reason why those who love China and traditional Chinese culture are extremely wary of that genocidal Jewish creation the CCP/CPC and their attempts to celebrate a poor facsimile of the culture that they destroyed.

Another thing to consider as others have is that China now has a key position in the Great Reset and that this bizarre cruelty is a precursor to a central plank of the Great Reset being enacted. Supply chain choking and more.

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
I'm uncertain of the provenance of this.

It's obviously not from a Legalist source.

I've seen it attributed to Daoist sage Lao Zi, certainly it was quoted by later Daoist sage Zhuang Zi .

It's a deep wisdom that reflects well on Confucius Li Er or whoever it originated from.
It certainly accords with the freedom loving aspect of early daoist thought.

There is a reason why those who love China and traditional Chinese culture are extremely wary of that genocidal Jewish creation the CCP/CPC and their attempts to celebrate a poor facsimile of the culture that they destroyed.

Another thing to consider as others have is that China now has a key position in the Great Reset and that this bizarre cruelty is a precursor to a central plank of the Great Reset being enacted. Supply chain choking and more.

Both the worst legalist theorists who come up with so many horrific and dehumanizing measures like Han Fei and Shang Yang got themselves destroyed by what they advocated.

The trap they set for others they tell into themselves. Seems fitting for their wickedness.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
From a logistics/intl trade view I offer the following:

This lock down is a combo of the CCP ZeroCovid Policy and a sanctioning of the west through denying them goods from port w/ out having to sanction them.
Again its a weaponizing the Covid - control hysteria for financial and economic hegemony by China.

Same thing in 2020/2021.

Except the CCP is just conveniently using it now as the West and their major resource partner (and soon to be client state) Russia (and yes we have to assume Putin knows but is trapped by alliances to make an immediate deal with the devil you can live with vs the devil you cant....) are fighting proxy wars.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Video description
They will lock them in until everyone in the building is tested and the results return. Could take a day or two. Any positives (including false positives) and there will be retests. Depending on the severity, masses of people might be carted off to COVID detention facilities.

Then everyone will still gets a yellow code on their WeChat app. Over the next week they need to go to a yellow code testing site on days 1, 3, and 7. During that time they can use public transportation and go to work (assuming their office allows it), but cannot go in any other buildings.

Source: I was assigned to Guangzhou for the last four years.

Tencent TCEHY

the high

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Situation surrounding China always seems so vague, could be near collapse and no one would know cause there always seems to be a media blackout about it.

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
My friend, whose brother is over there, and who I mentioned a while back regarding his arrival in the country, says that he needs a pass to nip out to the corner shop for a pint of milk.