2022 China COVID Lockdowns - What's going on?

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
The kiddy-toucher biomass could be used to fertilize a flower garden.

We'll call it the Groomers to Bloomers Campaign.

Save the planet. Compost a pedophile. Surely, it's an easy win on the PR front.

There goes all the drag queen shows then. Because they are gone.

Last edited:

aeroektar

Pelican
I don't understand what the CCP is trying to accomplish. They already achieved extreme authoritarian control prior to the pandemic. This now looks like they want to remove a large part of their population and this is the lead up. It's either that or they really are so retarded and think these policies and actions are going to completely defeat covid, but I can't believe they're that dumb and it's really about zero covid.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I don't understand what the CCP is trying to accomplish. They already achieved extreme authoritarian control prior to the pandemic. This now looks like they want to remove a large part of their population and this is the lead up. It's either that or they really are so retarded and think these policies and actions are going to completely defeat covid, but I can't believe they're that dumb and it's really about zero covid.
Covid revealed the worst underlying authoritarian tendencies of leaders in the West... they just couldn't help themselves, no matter how hypocritical or ridiculous. If somebody told you in 2015 the government would force you to wear masks and literally shut down society, liberals and conservatives alike would have scoffed and called you crazy. Leaders in China are probably no different, once they saw how far they could push, it's a tool in their arsenal they can't help but use with every opportunity, I think it gives these leaders a dopamine rush to watch their dictates be implemented, particularly with force. A huge flaw with Asians is their obedient attitudes, there isn't much of an obvious red line to stop any of this. Americans were disappointingly weak as well, but I do believe between the more individualistic society and the 2nd amendment, there is indeed a red line somewhere that still prevents the worst of it here.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
They're hiding the political, social, economic and financial dominos. What do you think all those people are going to do with less and less food and fewer jobs to go around? Suicide? Migrate to other asian nations?

They're going to chimp out big time.

I would also guess the CCP wants to hurt the West even more whilst also keeping a lid on domestic issues.

It isn;t a massive movement however so it could fizzle out but it can be used as an excuse to hurt the West even more.

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member

I also am confused. China becomes poorer, the people are not angry they are ready to explode (I watch my Wechat moments everyday).

At this point the average person would push a button to murder almost every leader in China. They are nuclear pissed.

Its been 2 and a half years of lockdown! I was pissed after a year. Maybe the leaders have gone insane OR China is ready to collapse or something. Maybe WW3 is coming and they are getting ready. But it seems that making the people happy and making a lot of money right before war would be smarter. Bumper crops, create goods. So WW3 is probably not coming from China because they are not ready.

No idea - China went full retard.

Tom Slick

Kingfisher
Orthodox
No idea - China went full retard.
China went full retard in the 1930's and has never looked back. Considering what's happened in the past 70-90 years, I don't think there is a basis for expectation of rational behavior from the government. Once the communists got into power in '49, they systematically murdered and purposely starved to death tens of millions of their own citizens over the next 25 years. They had kill quotas just to pass the time between forced famines.

This has never stopped, not even since Mao died, it has just taken different forms and had some general lulls when the wealth began pouring in from Western multi-national corps, which they totally risked in the 1989 Tian An Men massacre. Was that not a retarded over-reaction?

I think the main reason for Xi to be severely damaging his own economy right now with lockdowns is that the elites have already achieved tremendous personal and governmental wealth, so they are insulated from the effects, and he's also preparing for the implementation of something that looks a lot like the beast system, where freedom of choice will be nearly eliminated in a technological control grid.

The temptation to wield that kind of power has probably already turned Xi into an Oriental Sauron of sorts. It's actually kind of surprising they're just locking down and quarantining people and not killing them, which shows old dogs can learn new tricks.

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
From 1990 to 2019 China was epic and an amazing place to be. I was there for more than decade of it.

100s of millions of people went from starving poor to middle class. Huge cities were constructed that arent all that bad - I thought they were nice especially the top 30 or so cities.

But with covid they lost their minds. Zero covid means zero cold - forever. Do they have the cure for the common cold we have been looking for? Stay tuned and find out.

China made a series of incredibly shrewd decisions for 30 years and now its just stepping on rakes.

Caduceus

Ostrich
I'm still convinced that all these endless lockdowns, and concentration camp building is a huge preparation for something else. Either a huge military draft to start an invasion of Taiwan, and/or even start a war with the USA, or an invasion of other parts of south east asia, or as a cover for economic collapse that is coming soon putting millions out of work...or even simply for the full implementation of a cashless society with a digital currency and 100% controlled social credit system.

The Chinese government always plans these huge social projects many years in advance.
It has always been that way since Mao took power in 1949, when he did his great leap forward, and the cultural revolution.
If the government is insisting with this nonsense, then there is obviously an ulterior motive that hasn't been revealed to the public yet.