2024 US Presidential Election

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Yes I’m serious. BLM, drag queen story hour all became popular and their movement gained momentum in the 4 years while Trump was in office.

There are a lot more Republicans like Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney than Trump and Desantis, that is my point. Trump gave us operation warp speed to get the extremely popular and successful covid vaccine out. How exactly is that better than the democrats and Biden and his handlers?
You replace those people with better candidates by primarying them. MANY people are coming forward as better (though imperfect) candidates.
Lets carry your argument to the logical conclusion.... So do nothing? Vote for no one .... just take it up the tailpipe?

I dunno how to help you man.
If you want to be a defeatist go ahead. Sometimes I don't know why I post on here about the MASSIVE potential for good.

Of course there are bad republicans. So elect people who are not part of the Uni-Party and find outsiders.

eradicator

Peacock
Agnostic
Gold Member
You replace those people with better candidates by primarying them. MANY people are coming forward as better (though imperfect) candidates.
Lets carry your argument to the logical conclusion.... So do nothing? Vote for no one .... just take it up the tailpipe?

I dunno how to help you man.
If you want to be a defeatist go ahead. Sometimes I don't know why I post on here about the MASSIVE potential for good.

Of course there are bad republicans. So elect people who are not part of the Uni-Party and find outsiders.

I didn’t say go nothing. I said before blindly voting Republican all down your ticket, look into who you’re voting for. A ticket of Cheney- Younkin is really no different at all from Biden- Harris and it would be foolish to kid ourselves otherwise.

Yes if Trump wins the primary I’ll absolutely vote for him or Desantis for president but after the last 6 years I will not get my hopes up.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I didn’t say go nothing. I said before blindly voting Republican all down your ticket, look into who you’re voting for. A ticket of Cheney- Younkin is really no different at all from Biden- Harris and it would be foolish to kid ourselves otherwise.

Yes if Trump wins the primary I’ll absolutely vote for him or Desantis for president but after the last 6 years I will not get my hopes up.
Fair.... but it reads like you're saying "It doesn't matter and you're screwed" either way type thing...or maybe I'm conflating your comments with some recent others on here of folks who were less optimistic and more like jilted. I agree that voting for either party based on an R or a D is dumb and part of why we are in this mess.

Voting does matter, we have a lot to be optimistic about. He need a course correction but we are not nearly as morally bankrupt as it might seem at times. We are in the death throws of the empire, and thats why all the degeneracy and crazyness is being pushed. I have faith that this too shall pass.

SpaceShredder

Sparrow
Protestant
Yes I’m serious. BLM, drag queen story hour all became popular and their movement gained momentum in the 4 years while Trump was in office.

There are a lot more Republicans like Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney than Trump and Desantis, that is my point. Trump gave us operation warp speed to get the extremely popular and successful covid vaccine out. How exactly is that better than the democrats and Biden and his handlers?

Honestly, Trump was in between a rock and a hard place when it came to vaccines. Yes, he got played like a fiddle as far as Covid-19 goes, but put yourself in his position. The public, his supporters included, would have gone absolutely nuclear on him if he didn't "use science" to save them from the dreaded Rona Virus. It was a lose/lose situation. There was no way out. The best he could hope for was to role out the "warp speed" plan and not make it mandatory. That's what he did. What other option was there?

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
Honestly, Trump was in between a rock and a hard place when it came to vaccines. Yes, he got played like a fiddle as far as Covid-19 goes, but put yourself in his position. The public, his supporters included, would have gone absolutely nuclear on him if he didn't "use science" to save them from the dreaded Rona Virus. It was a lose/lose situation. There was no way out. The best he could hope for was to role out the "warp speed" plan and not make it mandatory. That's what he did. What other option was there?
He could have used the National Defense Act and done a ton more to help the people who got destroyed by the covid economy. Covid gave Trump a gift that any true leader would dream to have. A once in a lifetime excuse to centralize power, even just for a few months, to do anything you want to do.

Shut off all immigration and kick out illegals - easy, we have a deadly virus and we can't let it in.
Pay your supporters to stay home and stay safe - easy, $1,200 was a slap in the face.
Go after financial globalists who outsourced our economy and bring back manufacturing due to the emergency situation.

There is almost no limits to what he could have done. Then look at how 2020 played out. People losing their homes, BLM burning down entire blocks, Antifa storming the White House, it was the greatest miss in political history of this country. And let's not even get into the Blackrock Bailout that happened in the spring of 2020.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
You mean like Sweden?

Ive often given Trump his due when he earned it but he choked "bigly", on the scamdemic.

Either he was in on it to a certain extent, or he got fooled (which means he aint as smart as he thinks and says he is) or he knew better and chickened out of doing the right thing. (Firing Fauci alone would have save thousands of lives and $trillions)

There are no other options I can see and all are reprehensible
Fair.... but it reads like you're saying "It doesn't matter and you're screwed" either way type thing...or maybe I'm conflating your comments with some recent others on here of folks who were less optimistic and more like jilted. I agree that voting for either party based on an R or a D is dumb and part of why we are in this mess.

Voting does matter, we have a lot to be optimistic about. He need a course correction but we are not nearly as morally bankrupt as it might seem at times. We are in the death throws of the empire, and thats why all the degeneracy and crazyness is being pushed. I have faith that this too shall pass.
To eradicator's point...Id say its even simpler. If the republicucks keep McConnell as Speaker then the "red wave" may as well be in a toilet.

And to get2choppa I agree its time to ask people running hard questions re what "America First" means....exactly

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
You mean like Sweden?

Ive often given Trump his due when he earned it but he choked "bigly", on the scamdemic.

Either he was in on it to a certain extent, or he got fooled (which means he aint as smart as he thinks and says he is) or he knew better and chickened out of doing the right thing.

There are no other options I can see and all are reprehensible

To eradicator's point...Id say its even simpler. If the republicucks keep McConnell as Speaker then the "red wave" may as well be in a toilet.

And to get2choppa I agree its time to ask people running hard questions re what "America First" means....exactly
Unfortunately if looks like the GOP is creating a fake "America First" organizations. Ripping the name off of Nick Fuentes and trying to push everyone back on to the GOP plantation.

And these frauds should be hounded with questions about "how can you be America First, when you send our money overseas and flood the country with millions of hostile foreigners who come here just to take my job and beat up my children?".

Enoch

Hummingbird
Telling the truth.

Easy_C

Peacock

The momentum started building earlier. I noticed in 2014 was then they began a very well organized, coordinated cultural shift post. That was the year when we saw massive amounts of investment into astroturfing BLM and The "Jenner Movement", who was pushed into the headlines in order to frame the next big social push.

EndlessGravity

Banned
Protestant

Here's an example of DeSantis and his fabricated hot takes. They sound good until you realize he's parroting Deep State propaganda for his masters.

First he didn't get rid of Confucius Institutes in Florida. That's a blatant lie. Of the handful of universities which had them all chose to close them several years ago due to declining enrollment. This matches a trend across the US as a 2019 federal law partially stopped the federal money flow for them.

Although I agree about banning foreigners from owning real estate (really we should ban carpet baggers and transplants too), why focus on China? They are not in the top five buyers of Florida real estate.

Florida’s top 5 foreign buyers​

1. Canada ($1.8 B)
  2. Argentina ($0.9 B)
  3. Colombia ($0.8 B)
  4. Brazil ($0.7 B)
  5. Venezuela ($0.4 B)

No mention of the $3.5 billion by foreign Hispanics in Florida. We know why though: the elite have deemed "China Bad."

If foreign investment is such a problem though why doesn't Desantis do something about it? Hawaii has. Oh wait, that wouldn't give you a nice headline for clicks in 2024 and you'd have to do something substantial rather than taking credit for things you didn't do and for posturing about principles you don't have.

Edit: check those comments on the article too to see just how unpopular Desantis is with the Right. People see what he is.

Last edited:

mountainaire

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
As a foreigner can someone explain to me how it matters who runs if they can just stuff the ballot boxes with fake votes?
It's not as cut and dried as that. They have ways of cheating, ballot harvesting being one of them, and the 2020 mail in ballots allowed them to up the ante 1000%. Since the obvious fraudulent 2020 election states have started looking into their election process.

They absolutely WILL cheat again in 2024, but they won't be able pull off something like 2020 again barring some unforseen circumstance. Things are going so disastrously for the current regime that if they steal it again things are going to get very bad.

80+ million Americans did not vote for a corrupt dementia patient with zero charisma who couldn't draw a crowd large enough to fill a high school gymnasium. They just "kept finding ballots" at 4am until they got the numbers they needed in key states. Many of the RINO republicans were in on it.

This time around people know what they're up against. You can only play a card so many times.

Last edited:

EndlessGravity

Banned
Protestant
It gets even better on that DeSantis example. I couldn't remember who owned the different parts of the project he just gave those millions in grants to.

Korean tech billionaire Young-hwa Song pay Osceola County $14.125 million for 25 acres [+ an additional 45] in the county’s NeoCity technology district with the intent to create a $1.2 billion mixed-use city center

Song is the founder and CEO of DS Semicon and holds patents for a host of technologies used exclusively by Samsung.

So here Ron is bragging about thinking the Chinese shouldn't own Florida real estate...while he's giving a Korean billionaire a giant pile of cash to own real estate and industry in Florida.

Voters are not the same as they were in 2016. They've caught onto grifters like this. They're not going to fall for this stuff.

Zach

Sparrow
Catholic
I was ready to take you seriously until you wrote “no more Kushner”. Kushner will either run the White House again or be given a more important role like Secretary of State. Trump chose Kushner over Bannon in 2017 and would do the same again in a heartbeat if he somehow got re elected in 2024

What is leading you to making those assumptions? They've been on the outs for a while now after Jared provided info to feds regarding J6.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/jared-kushner-january-6-committee-meeting
Nick Fuentes is saying Kushner is out in 24, or at least in a greatly minimized role compared to 16. I trust his political insights as he is well connected.

TCOCBR18

Sparrow
Orthodox
I thought to share this news update here. It could also be put on the 2022 midterms thread but I think this is being organized way too late to have any impact at all on the midterms.
Andrew Yang is forming a third party. It is apparently a coalition of former Republicans and Democrats, calling themselves "The Forward Party". Third parties never seem to impact anything, but this announcement has actually gotten mainstream media attention, seems to have some money behind it, and has at least big name in politics involved (Yang). So we'll see if they catch on at all.
I do find it a bit amusing how you always see these basically lifeless technocratic centrist factions in European politics that all have these extremely generic modernist names like "Progress" or "Forward". In this regard I view this as another example of how US politics has gradually been looking more like Western Europe over the last decade.

TCOCBR18

Sparrow
Orthodox
Andrew Yang is the coauthor of an opinion piece in the Washington Post announcing this new third party. It appears they are creating a party oriented around the most milquetoast American political slogans you could think of. We are informed in the article in the third sentence that "we are facing the potential demise of our democracy" and then we are told of the central importance of "moving past divisiveness and rejecting extremism". So basically this party seems like just a culmination of establishment talking points, which is sad insofar as I did in the past have a higher view of Andrew Yang (perhaps mistakenly).
Nonetheless, if this group can peel off a percentage point or two from the two major parties, I still view that as a good thing.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I thought to share this news update here. It could also be put on the 2022 midterms thread but I think this is being organized way too late to have any impact at all on the midterms.
Andrew Yang is forming a third party. It is apparently a coalition of former Republicans and Democrats, calling themselves "The Forward Party". Third parties never seem to impact anything, but this announcement has actually gotten mainstream media attention, seems to have some money behind it, and has at least big name in politics involved (Yang). So we'll see if they catch on at all.
I do find it a bit amusing how you always see these basically lifeless technocratic centrist factions in European politics that all have these extremely generic modernist names like "Progress" or "Forward". In this regard I view this as another example of how US politics has gradually been looking more like Western Europe over the last decade.
Yang is a sell out. He'll go no where.
Andrew Yang is the coauthor of an opinion piece in the Washington Post announcing this new third party. It appears they are creating a party oriented around the most milquetoast American political slogans you could think of. We are informed in the article in the third sentence that "we are facing the potential demise of our democracy" and then we are told of the central importance of "moving past divisiveness and rejecting extremism". So basically this party seems like just a culmination of establishment talking points, which is sad insofar as I did in the past have a higher view of Andrew Yang (perhaps mistakenly).
Nonetheless, if this group can peel off a percentage point or two from the two major parties, I still view that as a good thing.
Good. Let him split the dem vote.

People who are gonna vote trump will vote trump no matter what.

TCOCBR18

Sparrow
Orthodox
Yes, I do think something like this would definitely take more Democratic than Republican votes. They make a big deal out of having a whole list of Republican supporters, but these are all the same type of Republican who are probably defecting to the Democrats soon anyway. Despite innumerable media articles trying to magnify the Republican centrist faction, the fact is they are a totally decaying segment of that party and the ideological direction of the party is clearly (hopefully) against them. Many of these people are very likely already voting for Democrats.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Yes, I do think something like this would definitely take more Democratic than Republican votes. They make a big deal out of having a whole list of Republican supporters, but these are all the same type of Republican who are probably defecting to the Democrats soon anyway. Despite innumerable media articles trying to magnify the Republican centrist faction, the fact is they are a totally decaying segment of that party and the ideological direction of the party is clearly (hopefully) against them. Many of these people are very likely already voting for Democrats.
Only ploy I could see it used for is for election fortification and say "see the 3rd party votes"

magaman

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
I actually think that what Andrew Yang is trying to do is appeal more to Republican voters but less so to Democrat voters to take votes away from the Republican candidate. I remember reading something about how in 2016 most of the Independent party candidates were merely shills for Hillary Clinton so that's probably what's going on here with this Yang guy. Keep in mind I'm speaking through the lens of if it actually mattered if one votes in the federal election which to me it doesn't matter anymore, I think we've passed the point beyond return on that one but from what I've seen and my understanding, most (not all) of these Independent/Green Party/other third party candidates exist to take votes from otherwise Republican voters. The only chance that something like that would have stood a chance is if Trump had started his own party but of course he did not and there's no telling if even that wouldn't have been compromised at some point too.

TCOCBR18

Sparrow
Orthodox
I actually think that what Andrew Yang is trying to do is appeal more to Republican voters but less so to Democrat voters to take votes away from the Republican candidate. I remember reading something about how in 2016 most of the Independent party candidates were merely shills for Hillary Clinton so that's probably what's going on here with this Yang guy. Keep in mind I'm speaking through the lens of if it actually mattered if one votes in the federal election which to me it doesn't matter anymore, I think we've passed the point beyond return on that one but from what I've seen and my understanding, most (not all) of these Independent/Green Party/other third party candidates exist to take votes from otherwise Republican voters. The only chance that something like that would have stood a chance is if Trump had started his own party but of course he did not and there's no telling if even that wouldn't have been compromised at some point too.
I think it is usually true that the third party types do just end up being liberal/progressive tools, but looking at the Forward Party (that name is so annoying) platform, it really seems like their ideology would take Democrat votes. For one thing, it absolutely reeks of establishment slogans, which I think basically aligns one with the dems these days (sincere conservative voters are effectively a countercultural opposition faction today, with the establishment fully captured by liberals). Then I just see things like "end gerrymandering, reform the electoral college, and secure voting rights in our democracy for everybody" on their website and I just think, this is literally just quotes from my liberal college international studies/political science classes.