3 Spiritual Types Of Women

A good article Roosh. The first type of woman is the best in my opinion. They may not be religious but they understand God's order and relationship between men and women on a fundamental level, something you cannot teach a post university Western girl. They can learn it in an intellectual manner, but it will take ages before they internalize the perspective and the respective virtues necessary to change (if they even bother).

Why didn't you include a fourth category, like the "pious girl" or something similar? I visited churches in which the girls were raised very godly and never strayed from the just path. There is a meekness, quietness, and gentleness in their soul you feel purifed by just being in their presence, and they are genuinely interested about Christianity in general and the doctrines of their denomination in particular. What I mean you can talk with them about some men's topics and it is invigorating for them and not boring. They have the mind of a man but the heart of a woman. As Dr Van Helsing said in Dracula, these are truly the best creatures among women.
I think its like saying find a 10. The pious girl does indeed exist. But its more rare than people would like and for the vast majority of men of faith want someone like that.

Also piousness is a work in progress. Some people start pious and mostly stay pious. My Grandmother was of this quality. But more than we would like to acknowledge have a period of going astray. I never had sexual relations but i did dream and lust for a life of that kind of gratification.

I followed Roosh in his past years as a kind of wish fulfillment through his stories and wisdoms, and now i follow his journey and wisdom as a kind of reassurance and reminder i need to concentrate on my faith when it gets weak.

I also think people focus so much on finding the right person than making sure they themselves are a righteous person.

I'm still in allure of aesthetics and beauty. Of power, false power really. Its something i'm working on

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Not a sob story, a WARNING-- choose your spouse wisely.

I walked into the metal baby gate before and hurt my foot and my husband immediately laughed at me and I told him to shut up while he thought I was being oversensitive.

Ah, marriage.

KC123

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
A very insightful article which I believe is also helpful for young women who are trying to make friends.

One thing I realised in the West is that young women of my generation (Millenial and younger) lack even that residual cultural Christian compass which all my friends back home had.

It took me a while to realise this because I was operating under the impression that despite their not being religious, that they knew right from wrong and actually cared about self respect, dignity, and trying to do the right thing. Back home it was common practice to call out bad behaviour among friends and ensure that people were not making decisions that might negatively affect themselves, their families or community.

I remember doing the same to a Western 'friend' who told me she had cheated on her BF and she was angry and offended at me for 'judging' her when all I said was she should either confess and break up, or confess and commit to working on the relationship but never doing it again.

But unfortunately I can only feel sorry for what feminism and lack of God has done to pre-repentant (and sometimes even traditional) women here and their ability to maintain ANY sort of relationship, be it with men, friends, and even their own families.

It is a genuinely sad state and whilst female friendships might always be more delicate to navigate than male friendships, women need to be more careful than ever what type of women we let into our lives.

Yes, let us be light and salt in the world. But first I would say to ensure you have good women in your life as the pre-repentant woman will do her best to drag you down to her level.

Married for 20 years to pre-repentant: A warning to young men

I'm a life-long Orthodox Christian (baptized as infant), but like most men of my generation abandoned the faith when I went off to college. I met a non-Orthodox, non-Christian woman and we got married. Even after I re-joined the church about 10 years into our marriage she remained a proud unrepentant woman. We already have three children, all baptized Orthodox at my insistence, but my wife insists on using air quotes when she says the word "God." She is a quintessential modern woman, and we are light years away in terms of faith. She thinks it weird to see me reading scripture or arguing that Christianity is any better than any other yoga-style new age ideals.

Of course I made a commitment to her many decades back, and we have three children, so I will not divorce her at this stage. It is my cross to bear. I do my best to share my faith with my children, but as far as marriage goes, it is mostly a quiet misery. Not a sob story, a WARNING-- choose your spouse wisely. Remember that a truly faithful partner is exceedingly rare these days, and unfortunately in our depraved age 9 out of 10 men are better off becoming monastics.

This is an example of going Too Far Right. Getting too sanctimonious for your own good. Your wife is rebelling against you because you have not been a good Leader (or possibly even a good person.)

Here is a bad analogy...but it works...

Animals do not know God. You are their God. God put you in charge of the animals. And if you embrace an animal with love...pure love...the animal will follow you and be your best friend. St. Francis of Assisi preached to the animals. I get that. Through your love, an animal can understand and experience God's love. {Do not run outside and hug a Tiger...I'm talking housecats and dogs}

Maybe it's time to treat your wife with Pure Love. She bore you three children. She spent several years in physical discomfort if not outright pain so that your lineage could continue.

I embraced my spouse with pure love. I, to put it bluntly, 'Dropped my ---' and just let things go. I didn't try to change her (too much!) Does she throw some of my values in my face during random arguments still to this day? Yes she does. Does it hurt and bother me? Sure but I know she's 'regressing' due to anger. Does she now enjoy coming home and watching Scott Adams together? Yes she does. Did she ask to listen to Trump's CPAC speech tonight (but fell asleep on the couch)? Yes she did. Does she occasionally go to mass with me? Yes she does. Does she defend my values to her family and even...dare I say...try to speak up to help wayward family members? Yes she does (this is big...and more important than anything...even going to church...way more important to give solid advice to people on a bad path.)

This took YEARS. There were a few big arguments...but they were more 'Thinking or Logic' arguments that I had to dissemble in her brain before we could move forward. That's rough. But if you make it about Thinking or Logic, and not about specifics, then people don't take things too personal.

Why did I succeed where others have failed? Because I realized this was a lifelong project where she drags me Leftwards (back to the middle) and I drag her Rightwards (back to the middle) and as a result we are both prevented from becoming too Annoying. If left to your own devices, you will become an ugly person whether you be on the Left or the Right (applies to 90% of people.)

I also took the advice from the book His Needs Her Needs...where you Do what Your Spouse Loves. If your spouse is embraced in that warmth and that love...then...like the animals (horrible analogy) they will follow you to church. You'll hear a reluctant "Ok I'll go" but they will go. Grab a coffee on the way home, take a nice walk, make a day of it. It won't be perfect. But...that's not really what you're after anyways.

Get rid of the bitterness, and embrace your spouse with love, and (like a dog...horrible analogy) she will sense that warmth and follow you. Why wouldn't she? And again, 'Drop your ---' if your religiosity is destroying the most important relationship you have in this world...then maybe You are Doing Something Very wrong. Most likely getting way to sanctimonious for who you are perceived by others to be. You can't be sanctimonious and have a nasty, cold attitude at the same time.

Here's an example...I planned a 'Day of It' for churchgoing a few months ago. We went hiking for 2 hours along a trail behind our church. We ended up being late and getting to the church while mass had already started. I didn't make a big deal about it. I didn't think we were bad people. I wasn't angry. I chased her around the church garden a bit (no windows no one saw) with the organ in the background. Hey, we were theoretically there. But again I put my wife, and my relationship with my wife...above being the perfect Christian. Maybe that's not Biblical. But I have a great marriage with a woman I love. And afterwards we went and got treats. We had a nice day together. We hit up church the next weekend. No problem.

The most important relationship in this world is with Jesus Christ, our Saviour, not our spouses.
Having a relationship with Christ is not a right or left issue.

There's something wrong with this attitude, but I don't have the Biblical training to answer it appropriately. Here's my attempt. Christ is Your Head. But you are your wife's head. There's nothing in the Bible about Christ standing in between you and your wife. Does that make sense? I'll try again. Christ is your boss, and he's given you jobs to do. You have to get those jobs done, you can't use 'your boss' as an excuse not to get those things done. You ain't getting things done, so obviously your not listening to your boss or doing what he ordered you to do. You've become too rigid to love. St. Francis of Assisi loved so much that even animals listened to him.

J.E.

Robin
Here's an example...I planned a 'Day of It' for churchgoing a few months ago. We went hiking for 2 hours along a trail behind our church. We ended up being late and getting to the church while mass had already started. I didn't make a big deal about it. I didn't think we were bad people. I wasn't angry. I chased her around the church garden a bit (no windows no one saw) with the organ in the background. Hey, we were theoretically there. But again I put my wife, and my relationship with my wife...above being the perfect Christian. Maybe that's not Biblical. But I have a great marriage with a woman I love. And afterwards we went and got treats. We had a nice day together. We hit up church the next weekend. No problem.
That's a good attitude to have. Being too rigid with religious rules shows that we live in a decaying and degenerate era. If we lived in an era where tradition and morals were intact it would be only the clergy and some very few people that adhere the dogmatic codes, but even I believe they would not lose compassion and understanding. Whenever I think of being too absorbed in the dogmatic and legalistic framework Ecclesiastes 7:16 comes to mind:

Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

Last edited:

Laredog

Chicken
This is a great article without a doubt. However, my struggle is dating women who are virgins and religious but still have very secular mindsets about love, relationships and marriage. No relationship is easy but there is a lack of submissiveness in the modern Christian woman who attend church weekly and are virgins. As I'm getting older I'm dating women that are older themselves 27-37. They've had boys chasing them since age 12 at minimum. So why are they single? Not because of past sins but just focusing on worldly things. Being in relationships for years even when there's no sex. Non committal making out is common among Christians which is just like "hookups" in secular world. Acting like cohabitators in long term relationships that go nowhere and are for convivence.

To be honest women that often have past sins are more empathetic to a needs of a man. The virgin acts like she's God's gift to her husband

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
This is a great article without a doubt. However, my struggle is dating women who are virgins and religious but still have very secular mindsets about love, relationships and marriage. No relationship is easy but there is a lack of submissiveness in the modern Christian woman who attend church weekly and are virgins. As I'm getting older I'm dating women that are older themselves 27-37. They've had boys chasing them since age 12 at minimum. So why are they single? Not because of past sins but just focusing on worldly things. Being in relationships for years even when there's no sex. Non committal making out is common among Christians which is just like "hookups" in secular world. Acting like cohabitators in long term relationships that go nowhere and are for convivence.

To be honest women that often have past sins are more empathetic to a needs of a man. The virgin acts like she's God's gift to her husband
There is the physical virgin and the spiritual virgin. The former is more a matter of social constraints or legalism while the latter is through choice.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
I also took the advice from the book His Needs Her Needs...where you Do what Your Spouse Loves. If your spouse is embraced in that warmth and that love...then...like the animals (horrible analogy) they will follow you to church.

I had to read the reviews on this book you recommended given you are providing advice on how a Christian husband should love his secular wife.

The few negative reviews (about 5% total ) for this book's message are brutal, including from men. The message does not delineate matrimony as one of the sacraments directing another (spouse) to salvation, but rather a book written to advise the prevention of cheating in a marriage.

Adultery should not be a concern if both spouses are putting Christ first in the marriage.

J.E.

Robin
Maybe it's time to treat your wife with Pure Love. She bore you three children. She spent several years in physical discomfort if not outright pain so that your lineage could continue.
This took YEARS. There were a few big arguments...but they were more 'Thinking or Logic' arguments that I had to dissemble in her brain before we could move forward. That's rough. But if you make it about Thinking or Logic, and not about specifics, then people don't take things too personal.
Get rid of the bitterness, and embrace your spouse with love, and (like a dog...horrible analogy) she will sense that warmth and follow you. Why wouldn't she? And again, 'Drop your ---' if your religiosity is destroying the most important relationship you have in this world...then maybe You are Doing Something Very wrong. Most likely getting way to sanctimonious for who you are perceived by others to be. You can't be sanctimonious and have a nasty, cold attitude at the same time.
A lot of people are going to disagree with you here but I say that you are right on here. The reason why daughters (and sons) usually stray from their religious upbringing is because there was too much coldness and obedience to a legal framework rather than love and understanding. It's not like the rules are overbearing, but the feelings associated are negative and you want to rebel against and destroy the rules because you associate them with bad parenting, hence bad emotions you want to avoid. I was rebellious until I moved out, then, on my own accord, did I become the most conservative and fascist guy known to anybody, way more than my parents, but the difference between them and me was the lack of bitterness and hate in me. There was plenty, but over time virtue and love outgrew my vices and I made lots of friends through that.

I read something like that in The Book of Pook, in which the author described that a real Don Juan is not some man who is a tyrannical dictator to his wife, but reads between the lines and rules over her according to her desires. There are instances in which she misbehaves and you rule with an iron hand, but there are others, as he put an example (paraphrased by me):

You come home from a long day of work and you see your wive didn't cook dinner, she didn't even dress herself for the day, and the bedroom looks like a hurricane made a mess. Now you look at her and she looks somewhat depressed and frantic. You know for sure that it's not about you but probably one of her bad days. So what do you do? Shout at her that she should get a grip? No. This would rub only more salt into the wound. Instead you offer her to go to a restaurant and have some dinner and pretend everything's fine. You can see something was wrong with her and that's why she didn't cook you a meal. Not to spite you, but because God knows what was going on with her (and women have these days).

The difference between a cuck and an alpha male is that your generosity is coming from a position of strength and understanding.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
The difference between a cuck and an alpha male is that your generosity is coming from a position of strength and understanding.

I think this is a good point. Cuck behavior would be if the wife says I didn't cook you dinner BECAUSE you're taking us out to eat at XYZ.

I've only been married for two years, and my husband and I often butt heads on certain things--mainly he plays a lot of video games and has few other hobbies--but being patient helps. We are all flawed and have habits instilled in us since childhood for no good reason (God knows I have a lot of weird habits, I save plastic silverware, coffee cups, jars etc). As long as there is mutual like and respect when the "love" gets turned down, there is real love. It also helps to look at character traits and what people actually do, not what they say. Sometimes "assholes" are nice people with a guard up, and nice people are really awful on the inside. And we do change as we get older.

Nikos225

Chicken
Orthodox
This is an example of going Too Far Right. Getting too sanctimonious for your own good. Your wife is rebelling against you because you have not been a good Leader (or possibly even a good person.)

Animals do not know God. You are their God. God put you in charge of the animals. And if you embrace an animal with love...pure love...the animal will follow you and be your best friend. St. Francis of Assisi preached to the animals. I get that. Through your love, an animal can understand and experience God's love. {Do not run outside and hug a Tiger...I'm talking housecats and dogs}

I embraced my spouse with pure love. I, to put it bluntly, 'Dropped my ---' and just let things go. I didn't try to change her (too much!) Does she throw some of my values in my face during random arguments still to this day? Yes she does. Does it hurt and bother me? Sure but I know she's 'regressing' due to anger. Does she now enjoy coming home and watching Scott Adams together? Yes she does. Did she ask to listen to Trump's CPAC speech tonight (but fell asleep on the couch)? Yes she did. Does she occasionally go to mass with me? Yes she does. Does she defend my values to her family and even...dare I say...try to speak up to help wayward family members? Yes she does (this is big...and more important than anything...even going to church...way more important to give solid advice to people on a bad path.)

Why did I succeed where others have failed? Because I realized this was a lifelong project where she drags me Leftwards (back to the middle) and I drag her Rightwards (back to the middle) and as a result we are both prevented from becoming too Annoying. If left to your own devices, you will become an ugly person whether you be on the Left or the Right (applies to 90% of people.)

I also took the advice from the book His Needs Her Needs...where you Do what Your Spouse Loves. If your spouse is embraced in that warmth and that love...then...like the animals (horrible analogy) they will follow you to church. You'll hear a reluctant "Ok I'll go" but they will go. Grab a coffee on the way home, take a nice walk, make a day of it. It won't be perfect. But...that's not really what you're after anyways.

"It is better to live in a desert
Than with a contentious, talkative, and
quick-tempered woman"
-Proverbs 21:18 (SAAS)

DanielaEverheart

Sparrow
Woman
I think this is a good point. Cuck behavior would be if the wife says I didn't cook you dinner BECAUSE you're taking us out to eat at XYZ.

I've only been married for two years, and my husband and I often butt heads on certain things--mainly he plays a lot of video games and has few other hobbies--but being patient helps. We are all flawed and have habits instilled in us since childhood for no good reason (God knows I have a lot of weird habits, I save plastic silverware, coffee cups, jars etc). As long as there is mutual like and respect when the "love" gets turned down, there is real love. It also helps to look at character traits and what people actually do, not what they say. Sometimes "assholes" are nice people with a guard up, and nice people are really awful on the inside. And we do change as we get older.

I am His

Chicken
Woman
Excellent article.
I am a post-repentant woman at 38 and believe that I have lost my ability to pair-bond. And so I’m a monastic woman, devoting my life to my husband- Jesus.
My Lord is all I need! Thank you, Father, for loving me, forgiving me, and saving me.

When I read comments like this where a husband has some success with his wife and suggests that if the other man were better husbands and ‘loved her‘ better she would then accept his leadership. I am reminded that there was perfect love in the Garden of Eden. Eve still rejected the leadership of God Almighty thinking things would be better without Him. If God himself and His perfect love could not prevent Eve from rejecting his leadership, what Chance do any of us mortal men have? Was the reason that Eve rebelled against God because He did not love her enough? the husband or the wife are each solely responsible for their own sins.

I am engaged to a ‘post repentant’ woman.. I never thought I would be able to marry a woman with past sins such as hers (they are quite bad), but we are now on a journey of faith together. We attend mass weekly, pray and do bible study together. I must keep reminding myself that I was just as bad as she was, and if she doesn’t deserve forgiveness then why should I?
I’m in a similar situation to you, also engaged to a post-repentant woman. The trap I fell into early in our relationship was this nagging feeling that I had to muster up the strength to forgive her of her past. Psalm 51 helped me to overcome this misconception and recognize that our sins are against God alone and no one else. It’s the Lord’s burden to forgive, not mine.
I would be lying if I said there were no doubts in the back of my mind, but I think (hope?) that these are normal when making such a huge life decision. Something that gives me a bit more confidence is that she is still very young and has plenty more time to engage in sins of the flesh without worrying about her biological clock, but she has chosen me as the one she wants.
I am the first man she has ever had that encouraged any kind of faith in her. I hope she is not doing it just to please me, but I believe she is showing a very sincere desire to get closer to God. Often times she is the one dragging me out of bed to attend mass on Sunday (although I’m much better now).
Can relate to this too, glad that you aren’t taking this decision lightly. If you’ve known her for long enough to be engaged (hopefully more than 6 months), then I believe you can have confidence whether she is being sincere or not. If you’re not having some doubts you may not be thinking critically enough. The harsh truth is that it is foolish if you don’t take the statistics into consideration.

One main reason that I can forgive her of her sins is the fact that she doesn’t seem to have lost her ability to pair bond, despite her numerous sexual partners. She treats me really well and expresses child-like love and affection toward me.
This is an important point. There is no formula for the making of an alpha widow. In addition, genuine desire can’t be manufactured
I truly hope that this works out and we spend our lives together, and I hope God is pleased with me bringing a fallen woman back into his care. I am aware of the risks involved, still, I have come to the decision that all I can do is try my very best and leave the rest up to God.
Yes this is the truth, you can vet and vet some more, but there will still be the need to trust in the Lord. You can’t guarantee what will happen after marriage. All you can do is choose a woman you truly believe is a compliment to the life God has called you to live. That requires a certain degree of faith. Best wishes to you and please reach out on dm if you want to chat more.