30 Days of Group Praying for Tradwife and Nofap

Jive Turkey

Woodpecker
Day 2 Update: Have a date lined up Wednesday night with a trad Queen from a neighboring church. Learning not to be afraid to cold approach & ask for dates; this won’t just fall into our hands. No fap is helping with confidence.

Unreal. Absolutely and simply based. How did this come about? Prayers are being on answered on this very forum. You are making me want to cold approach. How much small talk did you make before you dropped the hammer and asked her on a date? I always found in my secular days women say no to dinner, but yes to drinks or just going straight to the apartment.

@dieterpatrickgill

Your communication style is fine. The only weird thing was the multiple disclaimers. It comes off like you have anxiety, at least to an American. We are more relaxed and less likely to take offense or read into things, unless you are from a big city or the coasts.

But yea, basically when I say she was unoriginal, on our dates I tried asking her what her values were and what she wanted out of life and she was very short, almost closed off and batted everything I said right back to me. I really feel like I need deep conversation in a partner, and if after three dates we are still just only able to make polite chit chat I felt like there was not much between us. If she would have opened up even a little bit emotionally I would have continued, but all she really told me about herself was a little bit of family gossip and stuff about work and school.

Last edited:

Wammer44

Pigeon
Unreal. Absolutely and simply based. How did this come about? Prayers are being on answered on this very forum. You are making me want to cold approach. How much small talk did you make before you dropped the hammer and asked her on a date? I always found in my secular days women say no to dinner, but yes to drinks or just going straight to the apartment.

Not a whole lot man. I noticed she was also into cycling, & approached with that common interest. Came to find out she was also from my hometown, so we had more commonality. Not to put much weight into a first date, but great potential hopefully.

We’re going on a leisurely bike ride to the gelato shop. Christian dating is new to me too. I quit drinking, so have to be more creative than old times lol.

Last edited:

Jive Turkey

Woodpecker
Not a whole lot man. I noticed she was also into cycling, & approached with that common interest. Came to find out she was also from my hometown, so we had more commonality. Not to put much weight into a first date, but great potential hopefully.

We’re going on a leisurely bike ride to the gelato shop. Christian dating is new to me too. I quit drinking, so have to be more creative than old times lol.
That rocks man. Where did you meet her?

CSH2C

Pigeon
During my single days, it was quite hard. One reason was....I didn't develop a prayer life. I will ask God to send the spirit which pushes you all to seek His kingdom first. Also ask the good Lord to send you a helper for life. It is not good for man to be alone.

Jive Turkey

Woodpecker
Great thread.

I have been nofap for 5 months going strong.

Have you composed a prayer that you would be willing to share.
I don't have a specific prayer that I recite, I just speak to God and pray for the men here in general and then go down the list and pray for everyone who requested it individually.

Day 5 of prayer has been completed. I will get going until September 20, so maybe that will be 31 days. Not sure, but at any rate, I am very happy that I have some great guys here to pray for. Once again I love you all!

Seward

Chicken
Can you pray for me to get one of those cute girls from Guatemala or somewhere like that? I would like one who is young enough to still be super attractive and able to be molded into the perfect trad wife. If she turns into a potato after a couple of kids that's fine, less hassle to watch over her anyway.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Hello. I will be embarking on a challenge where, for thirty days, every day I pray that the single men of this forum meet their future wife. In the mean time I will also be doing thirty days of Nofap.

Beginning today, August 20, I will pray to meet my wife, and also pray for all other members on this forum. Anyone is welcome to join me in prayer and or nofap.

I have been practicing Nofap anyway, but I will make it a point to go thirty days.

Most likely I will forget to pray a few days out of the next thirty, but I will not abandon the challenge. If anyone wants me to pray for them specifically post below.

Please add me to the list. I currently have no prospects (and no game) but I'm actively thinking about it and working to improve myself every day. Hopefully with hard work and His blessing something good can happen. Regardless I will be praying for everyone here, may God bless you and grant your wishes (if it is his will). Amen.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
I think it's a big mega huge mistake praying for a wife, car, or job etc. Do the no fap tho and pray for discipline and wisdom.

Last edited:

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I think it's a big mega huge mistake praying for a wife, car, or job etc. Do the no fap tho and pray for discipline and wisdom.

I agree with the car/job aspect, also money and stuff like that. However I think it's reasonable to ask for a loving and virtuous wife that may bear you many children so that you may in turn love and raise them to know and love our lord and saviour Jesus Christ. After all God did recognize that man alone was insufficient and so he created woman, and he did instruct us to be fruitful and multiply. If you can provide any specific reasons based on scripture and/or church teachings why this is somehow wrong I am willing to listen and change my mind so please let me know.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
Good
Why do you think this way?

God doesn't grant wishes in my worldview and i think this type of thinking is a distorted view of the Bible pushed by highly sheltered wealthy evangelicals who haven't fully understood or accepted the nature of masculinity/feminity or humanity in general. Suffering is just part of the gig of being here and Jesus made that clear in the gospels. I wouldn't want someone to lose their faith or have it damaged by latching onto this pervasive wish granting ideology in the mainstream church.i don't believe this is what prayer is intended for but you'll see prosperity teachings all over the place. Not to say God won't bless you, but you need to prepare for any outcome at any time. Life's short so i believe you should plan accordingly and not let the whims of loneliness or your flesh dictate your satisfaction with life. Pray to become a man of character and if you find a great wife so much the better. If you don't have that character in place you wont make a very good husband anyway.

Last edited:

Cartographer

Pelican
Gold Member
Good

God doesn't grant wishes in my worldview and i think this type of thinking is a distorted view of the Bible pushed by highly sheltered wealthy evangelicals who haven't fully understood or accepted the nature of masculinity/feminity or humanity in general. Suffering is just part of the gig of being here and Jesus made that clear in the gospels. I wouldn't want someone to lose their faith or have it damaged by latching onto this pervasive wish granting ideology in the mainstream church.i don't believe this is what prayer is intended for but you'll see prosperity teachings all over the place. Not to say God won't bless you, but you need to prepare for any outcome at any time. Life's short so i believe you should plan accordingly and not let the whims of loneliness or your flesh dictate your satisfaction with life. Pray to become a man of character and if you find a great wife so much the better. If you don't have that character in place you wont make a very good husband anyway.
I'm familiar with the type of evangelical you're talking about but I don't think...or at least I hope that's not what these guys are doing exactly. I think you're kind of right though about trying to make God follow a human man's plan. Again, I don't think these guys are demanding anything from God so much as asking.

But it's a good question...is it better to maybe just ask God for understanding and perseverance than for something specific?

sorengard

Chicken
Praying for you guys. As a middle age single practicing Catholic living in woke central, I can testify that purity is much more manageable with daily Mass, the Rosary and 30 minutes of prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament. If you're as committed to your spiritual life as others are to their exercise regimen, it will do wonders. Also, try to read good non-fiction or literature for an hour a day. It's a dying skill.