7 Steps To Stop Heart Palpitations (And Improve Digestion)

flamaest

Pigeon
Catholic
Excellent article Roosh.

This is very close to what I was experiencing last year. I got random palps each day after lunch, just sitting down to watch TV. The never-ending lock-downs brought out the lazy in me.

Beyond the sitting down issue, I deduced that I had the same palp issue crop up after I started eating a chocolate protein shake mix for lunch last year. Seemed that there was something in the shake mix which was causing this. I removed the mix from my shakes and a few months later no more palps. Many of the shakes have stuff in them which can cause this, it's all over the body building forums.

PSA, please watch out with long-term acid reflux, which can lead to lower esophageal cancer, for which there is no cure and is more common that we think. Keep your stomach acids in check if you have reflux. Some years ago I started having reflux so bad it would cause terrible vagus nerve irritations which can feel like a heart attack up to your shoulder, FYI.

The Magnesium capsule link is good from Amazon, but note you can get nearly the same Magnesium dosage pills from Costo called "Kirkland Signature Calcium Citrate Magnesium and Zinc, 500 Tablets". Yeah, it's not exactly, the same, but check the labels and decide for yourself.

+Just say no to caffeine and everyone should do more walking! I am up to 7 miles a day in 2021 and I feel great!

josemiguel

Robin
Orthodox
Since you figured out seed oils, the importance of chewing, and the barreness of modern food production, I look forward to you discovering the joys of fermented food, long fasts like Lent and Nativity suddenly can be done without gas issues and without all the problems from antinutrients in beans and other plants. In my case it also solved body odor issues I had during Lent in particular. I'm almost at the point where I will only eat veggies/legumes if they're fermented. My wife even ferments rice and it's had a massive positive effect too.

Great article Roosh. I'm surprised to hear this is a common problem as I have had these off and on mysteriously. I also found magnesium to help and caffeine to greatly exacerbate them. I also found lack of sleep and stress to contribute. I agree it is a very scary feeling to have the organ responsible for keeping you alive ostensibly malfunctioning.

TDD

Chicken
Catholic
Thank you Rosh. Very helpful. I second the ACV and no liquid with meals. I have mild IBS and the FODMAP diet helped, along with ibguard which is very concentrated peppermint. Also ibergast supplement helped and ancestral supplements of beef organ and bone marrow. I stopped drinking alcohol and coffee and that combined worked for my digestive issues.

JustinHS

Robin
Orthodox
I just had a bout this evening while hiking in the snow with my family. Thank God I made it back to the car. I had to slow my breathing by inhaling through my nose, and taking breaks along the way.

This wasn’t my first bout with heart palpitations. Although uncommon I find they usually occur during exercise, so I’ve gotten used to them. Also, I had a whole battery of tests done in 2020 with a clean bill of health.

When we got home, my wife walked me in while sat in the chair in front of the icons. Prayed a prayer for sickness, and glory to God, within 30 seconds of finishing the prayer I felt a prick in my chest, and the palpitations went away. Immediately, I prayed a prayer of thanks and recited psalm 50.

God is Great!

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
I just had a bout this evening while hiking in the snow with my family. Thank God I made it back to the car. I had to slow my breathing by inhaling through my nose, and taking breaks along the way.

This wasn’t my first bout with heart palpitations. Although uncommon I find they usually occur during exercise, so I’ve gotten used to them. Also, I had a whole battery of tests done in 2020 with a clean bill of health.

When we got home, my wife walked me in while sat in the chair in front of the icons. Prayed a prayer for sickness, and glory to God, within 30 seconds of finishing the prayer I felt a prick in my chest, and the palpitations went away. Immediately, I prayed a prayer of thanks and recited psalm 50.

God is Great!
Do you drink caffeine?