80's/90's Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul & Funk Thread

I urge you all to play this & really take in the ramble & lyrics. Fucking sublime. This track sums it up & then some...

Bobby Womack - Fact Of Life/He'll Be There

on an uptempo tip, the man above duets with his daughter- Womack & Womack - Teardrops

one of my favourite jams of all time, the incomparable Donny Hathaway with The Ghetto. Sho 'nuff now!

& some stone cold funk to finish off the post...The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power

Pontifex Maximus

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Michael Bay didn't mess up your childhoods, neither did the new Mad Max. This stuff combined my childhood:

Big Pun

TuPac

Biggie ( This one is pure genius)

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
A new take on some classic tracks
I think I prefer the Machine Gun Funk remix better then the original :confused: (it also has a lot of 90s rap samples in the chorus)
Worth a listen as well

Pontifex Maximus

Woodpecker
Gold Member
New college session this week, new batch of approaches. Keep plowing, guys.

Quincy Jones, James Ingram, El DeBarge, Al B Sure and the erotic walrus himself... Barry White. Rest in Peace.

That Pendergrass sampling...

And that MJ sampling...

vinman

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Pontifex Maximus said:
New college session this week, new batch of approaches. Keep plowing, guys.

Quincy Jones, James Ingram, El DeBarge, Al B Sure and the erotic walrus himself... Barry White. Rest in Peace.

Man, I banged so many broads with this playing in the background.

Ingocnito

Pelican
Took the best hit of X ever had with 3 of my buddies when this song had just come out .. wound up in a small club that night on Halloween, DJ was blaring this at an underground party, 4 of the hottest strippers I've ever seen were up on our shit. We heard 2 bottles smash, and a bar stool got thrown across the club behind us after about 20 min of getting fresh with these girls. 3 enormous roid freaks were preparing to grind our heads into the dance floor after I grabbed two of these strippers asses dancing... back in the day the same cats dealing pills were dealing roids.