80s thread, best of the 80s

Seen thedude share that pic of Metallica's Ride The Lightning. Gotta share some videos:

And this from ...And Justice For All. They finished this song after one of their guitarists, Cliff Barton, died in a bus wreck while they were on tour in Sweden.

YEAH! In 1989 when I was 14 years old, just heading into grade 9, Metallica was what was happening. They were just coming up from the underground scene and "Justice", their best, most sophisticated and prog- like album to date had just come out. It was chock full of crunchy, intelligent riffs, insightful, dark lyrics, AWESOME guitar solos (lead guitarist Kirk Hammett had been taking lessons with Joe Satriani and absorbing those ideas into his playing) and complex odd-time rhythyms. They were every bit as technically good as Rush, Yeas and all those other wanky musician bands AND relevant to pimply-faced teens like me at the same time. Luckily, this isn't a 90's thread, though - they turned into such LAME DOUCHEBAGS then. What a difference a few years can make...

Hypno

Crow
funny_memes_5.jpg

MKE-Ed

Robin
Looking at all of the music videos that have been posted in this thread, you quickly notice how clean cut and feminine the women were back in the 1980s. Looking at today’s music videos, you really notice the difference. I hate to admit this, not trying to sound like I’m stuck in the past, but I actually miss that time period in my life. It was an amazing time to be around in.

Hypno

Crow
Looking at all of the music videos that have been posted in this thread, you quickly notice how clean cut and feminine the women were back in the 1980s. Looking at today’s music videos, you really notice the difference. I hate to admit this, not trying to sound like I’m stuck in the past, but I actually miss that time period in my life. It was an amazing time to be around in.

Yeah, but the guys were feminine looking too. Boy George, Human League, Adam Ant, even Poison and Motley Crue wore makeup.

Hypno

Crow

You know, if you look at this photo, everyone else other than the subject is more interesting. One of the 5 girls is amazed, the other 4 are scared, one so scared she's going to pee her pants. The boys are almost indifferent to the danger they are in, except the middle boy who is amazed. The neighbor across the street was probably like this is gonna be good, need to get a closer look. The ramp itself is impressive. First, its reinforced. Its not just a piece of plywood, but has 2x4s along each side. Then its a double height ramp. Looks like a cinder block on top of something that may be a milk crate. The risk thinkg about this jump is not the boys under the ramp but nailing the landing, because those bmx springs on his bike are not real,they are just for looks like the gas cap on his "bike".