80s thread, best of the 80s

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member

1a49be592f2d35edfa7171cbbed5a9f6.gif

Nordwand

Kingfisher
What about Iron Maiden? The "Number of the Beast" for example? Or "Two minutes to midnight"? (I will not link, everyone can find it who wants to.)

I liked the music in the old days when I was a normie. Now I can not tell whether they endorse satan or they try to warn us about the evil?

Or they just use satan to gain popularity? And at the end do they make harm by that?

What do you think?

stugatz

Pelican
What about Iron Maiden? The "Number of the Beast" for example? Or "Two minutes to midnight"? (I will not link, everyone can find it who wants to.)

I liked the music in the old days when I was a normie. Now I can not tell whether they endorse satan or they try to warn us about the evil?

Or they just use satan to gain popularity? And at the end do they make harm by that?

What do you think?
I don't think it's endorsing Satan, but the melodies of both seem to try to portray the evil as seductive and intoxicating, so it could maybe seem that way?

I definitely think there was an edginess there, they knew they were going to get a reaction with song titles like "Children of the Damned". But groups like Black Sabbath went way further when trying to get reactions out of people, going to the extent of even using the tritone in some songs.