80s thread, best of the 80s

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
There's much better Rush material than that. Their 80's output is considered weak by their fans. Try Moving Pictures, 2112 and Hemispheres.
Far and away my favourite Rush song is Subdivisions.

Funnily enough, it's a YouTube guy called AstroTama who gave me a greater appreciation for Peart's work: he's an astrophysicist dude who's hobby was to recreate Peart's drum kit and play along to Rush songs. For some reason I really dig watching him go:

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
Far and away my favourite Rush song is Subdivisions.

Funnily enough, it's a YouTube guy called AstroTama who gave me a greater appreciation for Peart's work: he's an astrophysicist dude who's hobby was to recreate Peart's drum kit and play along to Rush songs. For some reason I really dig watching him go:

I never paid attention to the drumming before because the lyrics are so good that I focused on them instead. Good video, the drum work is pretty amazing.

Jacob Robinson

Woodpecker
Catholic
There's much better Rush material than that. Their 80's output is considered weak by their fans. Try Moving Pictures, 2112 and Hemispheres.
If anybody is wondering, the woman in the video is the singer from 'Til Tuesday. The song is about wanting time to slow down--things are moving too fast. And that was sung nearly 25 years ago. Ouch.

Agreed that the earlier stuff is better--some of the later '80's stuff was not that great, although Presto is pretty good in my opinion. Would add Signals to the list of their good, earlier albums. Everything after the 80's was not very good in my opinion, especially when their drummer/songwriter drifted into angry-atheist mode.

On Moving Pictures Red Barchetta is an especially good song, it is set in a dystopian future but has a happy ending.

Hypno

Crow
2174f7e789866dfb0077a83afa0c5727.jpg

ebay-22-jpg.38318

Retiring from neighborhood competitive ramp jumping, putting my old jacket up on ebay in case of you guys think you are ready.

Attachments

• eBay 22.jpg
    eBay 22.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Adrian

Banned
Orthodox Catechumen
Story goes, The Waterboys were recording an album in rural Galway around '87 and word got out as they had a song in the UK charts at the time. They were invited to pop in to a local school to play for the kids

Something about this touches me. The kids just seem so joyful and unaffected, the teachers so easygoing about the whole thing