A beginner's guide to Christian living?

Chris Breezy

Chicken
Protestant
Inspired by Roosh's latest post on our modern and plastic culture. I have looked around Roosh's website and could not find what I was specifically looking for, so I would like to ask here if I may: Is there anywhere to be found online or in a book, how to become, and live thoroughly, as a proper Christian, namely living the faith more than just going to Church and reading prayers at set times of the day? For example, how to include God in everything and what is the proper mindset to have.

Thank you!

Akaky Akakievitch

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
I posted this thread not along ago:

Needless to say, as with much advice you will find here, it is intended for Orthodox Christians so keep that in mind

rodion

Sparrow
Orthodox
How to Orthodoxy from Orthodox Ethos is a good watch and may have some of what you’re looking for, though very long.

Can also recommended “How to live a Holy Life” mentioned by the above poster.

JuanChristophorus

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
Non-Orthodox cannot give guidance in the Inquirers subforum
Inspired by Roosh's latest post on our modern and plastic culture. I have looked around Roosh's website and could not find what I was specifically looking for, so I would like to ask here if I may: Is there anywhere to be found online or in a book, how to become, and live thoroughly, as a proper Christian, namely living the faith more than just going to Church and reading prayers at set times of the day? For example, how to include God in everything and what is the proper mindset to have.

Thank you!
One book that goes in-depth about living Christlike is Imitation of Christ. Not only does it give you instruction but delves into the psychological and mystical framework of the complete surrender to Christ. Another but shorter book is Way of Ascetics. The Sayings of the Desert Fathers is another one that gives profound insight into the life and curiosities of the Early Christians.

Remember that rules are for those who need them. Once you grow in virtue, you don't need to be reminded of them. If you only live by the book it only hardens your heart.