A compromise on Benefits

YoungColonial27

Robin
Orthodox
So, I'm sure plenty of you remember the moral compact on abortion, and how the left subsequently broke it. "Safe, rare and legal" ha, yeah right. That kinda makes this look like a bad idea, probably because it is.

Right now benefits are a strong desire of the Democrats, as it allows them to control poor black voters and other demographics in a number of ways. If we can make a crack by creating a compromise on benefits that while the left politicians will fight, people on the centre will consider, we could easily create an opening and divide our enemies at the same time (yes I am calling them enemies, what do you think communists are? toys?).

Now the idea I have involves what would require a lot of labour. It would require a system where only workers receive benefits and the government finds work for those unemployed and those they find work for have to take it. If workers do not have enough money they can ask the government for benefits, but to do so they will have to prove what they have been spending their money on. If their expenditure on luxury goods is too high they won't receive payment. This would require government workers to research the cheapest available products in their area and other such expensive openings.

Furthermore, if a business doesn't pay it's workers enough to live off 'in their area', it's taxes would increased, however this would be based on numbers of people they employ under said living wage, not the percentage to avoid harming small business disproportionately.

I feel this would crack the control Democrats have over both people that 'want' benefits, and 'need' benefits? Ideas?

YoungColonial27

Robin
Orthodox
FYI, this is only a tactical option. I'm not sure if it might actually harm the right on a strategic level by upsetting libertarians who are currently a significant demographic, and even anarcho-capitalists. That said, in the current climate, if we can pull this off right, we might successfully attain enough votes to overwhelm the ability of the left to successfully commit election fraud in a manner the public is willing to turn their eyes from. They nearly failed last time and only succeeded because so many people didn't bother protesting. Millions of people saw election fraud and yet so few of them protested at the Capitol. I guarantee if you showed up in enough numbers instead of getting a permit to protest there would have been no claims of an 'insurrection' and instead very quiet and scared politicians last year.

YoungColonial27

Robin
Orthodox
So, your solution to government-controlled welfare is creating a system where the government exercises complete control over your purchasing decisions and furthermore, tabulates and calculates what and where you spend money on? And give the federal government more control and power?

Yup.

YoungColonial27

Robin
Orthodox
All the congress members who use the forum hear this? AOC, I know you're out there with an ortho inquirer chicken account...

Wait, do you think there really are leftists here? I considered it before, but I always kept wondering... Wouldn't the sheer cognitive dissonance generated from them simply reading one thread be enough to power a small city?

YoungColonial27

Robin
Orthodox
So, your solution to government-controlled welfare is creating a system where the government exercises complete control over your purchasing decisions and furthermore, tabulates and calculates what and where you spend money on? And give the federal government more control and power?

To be fair making all the data public would be pretty easy with modern computers. That way people on benefits who buy luxury goods would be shamed into not doing so. Though again the government could exploit this and I'm not sure the left would bite the hook. You'd have to advertise it very carefully.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
michael-scott-the-office.gif
I'm so mad we don't do gifs anymore.

jollycynic

Sparrow
To be fair making all the data public would be pretty easy with modern computers. That way people on benefits who buy luxury goods would be shamed into not doing so. Though again the government could exploit this and I'm not sure the left would bite the hook. You'd have to advertise it very carefully.
Implying those people feel shame.