A warning story about meditation

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
That was a really fascinating article regarding a “fad” that has spiritually (and physically) harmed many people and they still line up to do it because they’re miserable (though they would never admit it) and think yoga meditation is a cure all and will “balance” them or “bring peace.”

Thank you for sharing. This is a super interesting topic to me (especially how it effected Megan and her experience with God and Jesus).

There is so much to unpack from this article (honestly, it makes me want to write a research essay). The Church has stated in the past that yoga, Buddhist, Hindu, etc, meditations welcome demons. Empty your mind? A demon could be waiting there for possession. Want to “transcend reality” to a higher plane? Megan saw God and turned away from Him.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
That was a really fascinating article regarding a “fad” that has spiritually (and physically) harmed many people and they still line up to do it because they’re miserable (though they would never admit it) and think yoga meditation is a cure all and will “balance” them or “bring peace.”

Thank you for sharing. This is a super interesting topic to me (especially how it effected Megan and her experience with God and Jesus).

There is so much to unpack from this article (honestly, it makes me want to write a research essay). The Church has stated in the past that yoga, Buddhist, Hindu, etc, meditations welcome demons. Empty your mind? A demon could be waiting there for possession. Want to “transcend reality” to a higher plane? Megan saw God and turned away from Him.

“When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.”

-Matthew 12:43-45.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
The religious community has warned about meditation for quite some time; now it seems the scientific community is warming up. This story about a young woman who was driven insane after attending a meditation retreat is quite eye-opening.

This story was shocking, scary, and sad. My heart grieves for the young woman in it. God have mercy on her soul.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Entertaining story to read. Interesting.
Sleep deprivation and anxiety prescriptions are a toxic mix.

Makes one wonder if these are the demons of today - let into this world with unnatural prescription drugs. Back In The 80’s children were evaluated in schools through a program (paid by big pharm) and often placed on antidepressants due to perceived anxiety issues (that were normal behaviours for the age). As most know very young children were evaluated as over active behaviour and placed on Drugs.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman

What did you think about the concept of “wind illness”?

Here is a supporting article from NIH.

This is a fascinating further explanation, and considerable to some extent. The body, diseases, and climate.

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
What did you think about the concept of “wind illness”?

Here is a supporting article from NIH.

This is a fascinating further explanation, and considerable to some extent. The body, diseases, and climate.
I'm unsure about the entirety of all tables and components cited in the NIH paper, I read it. Looks like the Chinese do believe in every facet.

We have a President of the USA that died, President Harrison, after giving the longest Inauguration speech at 01:45:00 in the cold and likely wind conditions. I've often thought that the elements exacerbate existing bacteria and virus that are dormant in our bodies, something to that affect. I've been traveling lately and my team, we wear shorts but take hooded jackets with us because along the ocean and lakes that we've been near the ambient temps can literally feel like 10 degrees difference, if not 15. As we travel extensively, we openly talk about weather and garments because we can't afford to get ill. With the current conditions, we'd like get confiscated by a Hospital and forced onto a ventilator for a simple cold, isolated from the team and family.

Wind, wind is often referenced when the topic of demon possession is brought up. A person demon-possessed and undergoing exorcism is said to cough, expel air from the lungs. The coughing supposedly signifies the "wind" or "air" that make up the demons trying to leave the body - right? because they are not corporeal. I'm unsure to what extent demons may have on illness in people, saved and unsaved. The opinions vary between Catholics and Protestants (within each group, as well).

I do know of another interesting thing that I've witnessed first hand - it deals with illness. In some cultures, if one gets ill abruptly with a high fever forcing them to be bedridden - where they had recently been exposed to "new people or a new person" that was admiring them but didn't touch them physically (on the arm or face) - it is said that the afflicted person has the illness due to the interaction. The claim is that "the eye" of the admiring person caused the illness. I've seen where a "caretaker" that knows an incantation recites it (the incantation) while holding and rubbing a chicken egg over the afflicted person's body while they lie in bed - all in an effort to heal the person. Is it Witch-craft - Yes. Don't try it.

So the results?
The egg is cracked and placed in a bowl underneath the bed of the ill person after the incantation and prior to their sleep for the night. 12 hours later, the next morning, when the afflicted person awaken he or she is healed, the fever and perspiration has left them, they can now stand and walk and the egg is cooked.

Did the "caretaker" cook the egg in the kitchen at some point in time. I don't believe so. It's Witch-craft. Don't try it.

- - - - - - -

The main article. Thoughts. It was a great read ... a couple powerful quotes

"“I had two young children,” another meditator said. “I couldn’t feel anything about them. I went through all the routines, you know: the bedtime routine, getting them ready and kissing them and all of that stuff, but there was no emotional connection. It was like I was dead.”"

Also,

"“I was meditating outside, and I felt something shift. I was having a really hard time, and then everything just clicked.” Suddenly everything seemed fine. “Now I know that’s a red flag, when someone goes from having intense negative emotions to instantly feeling fine, as if someone just flipped a switch.”"

Also, it scary to think that "Scientists" like her would sit on results and not publish for four (4) years.

John 3:16

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I didn't experience anything quite so dramatic from my experiences in meditation, but I certainty can see the danger in what I was doing now I am a part of the Church.

This idea that there's nothing wrong with meditation leads unsuspecting people (like myself) to think it's totally okay to embark upon a self directed study and practice of meditation. For me this led to being split between different ideas and practices from different traditions, and not knowing what was the right one. Eventually I became really confused and lost. I wanted to know which practice from the New Age spiritual buffet would lead me to the truth, but in trying to do this on my own I ended up in a very bad state.

Thank God that in this state I made a sincere prayer and I was led towards Orthodoxy and away from all that stuff.

PVW

Sparrow
Woman
Stories about people becoming psychotic after an intense meditation session? The lead story, Megan, a woman on a ten day meditation retreat. She fell into psychosis on the seventh day after logging in 60 hours of meditation? Anything that intense sounds too extreme, and so I'm not surprised. I'm sure there are plenty of similar stories of people engaging in some kind of intense activity--of whatever type--and emerging the worse for it.

The writers note that those with a predisposition to mental illness are particularly vulnerable. Again, not surprising. Underlying mental illness can be triggered by all kinds of factors, ie., drug abuse, etc.

Especially notworthy: Megan mentioned that she had stopped taking her medication. She had been on the lowest therapeutic dose of Zoloft for mild anxiety since her early twenties.

She believed her breakdown resulted from having “overworked my brain for three days not sleeping.”

Why might this happen? From the article. There are reliable ways to induce psychosis and other disturbances in a healthy subject—via drugs, sleep deprivation, and prolonged confinement or isolation. “If you deprive the brain of normal inputs—through sensory or social deprivation—that can produce psychosis,” he said. “And you can think of prolonged meditation as a form of deprivation.” The brain is accustomed to a certain amount of activity. When you’re sitting motionless with your eyes closed for ten or more hours a day, he said, neurons can start firing on their own, unprompted by external stimulation, “and this might lead to unusual phenomena, which we call psychosis.”

Last edited:

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Appreciate reading your responses to the NIH study @Mike_Key @Lawrence87 .

Yesterday I was revisiting this story in mind while talking to someone who is going through some tough times influenced by their “thoughts.”

I would like to further think about the responses provided and revisit this discussion when time permits.

There are reliable ways to induce psychosis and other disturbances in a healthy subject—via drugs, sleep deprivation, and prolonged confinement or isolation. “If you deprive the brain of normal inputs—through sensory or social deprivation—that can produce psychosis,” he said. “And you can think of prolonged meditation as a form of deprivation.”

There is evidence to suggest antidepressants and ADHD meds are more harmful than helpful when “doctors” generalize prescriptions for “disorders.”

When we suppress feelings (sadness specifically) the underlining cause of those feelings are not discovered but rather anger Can become the prominent emotion.

The video provided by @Magnus Stout in another thread talks about psychosis, isolation, and other things. Great video to watch.

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Remember when they made gardening illegal (in Michigan and other East Coast areas)? Remember when they were arresting surfers in California? Forcing children to mask and sit in invisible cages... On and on....

The theme here is clear: whatever they now force is reliably untrue and designed to hurt you physically, emotionally and spiritually. Whatever the MSM parrots as a good or progressive idea is--at best--only partially true (but always net-evil). The psyop pushing of meditation (and Yoga) is another one of those corrosive ideas.

So, as a mental trick, you should invert the advice of those who are themselves busy inverting all that is Good and True. That leads to a paradox: living morally should now be far easier, especially as you will not be able to take part in many things (bars, clubs, cruises, etc..) without regularly taking the Mark of the Vexx (boosters needed 2x a year).

I am still struggling with the how of deprogramming people. It is not enough to persuade intellectually. It is sobering to realize that a refusal to repent--and the calling of evil, "good," and vice-versa--is leading to a serious hardening of the hearts of many.

A way forward? As Vaclav Havel noted: Parallel societies. For us, they should be Christian as well. All of the modern advice to women is wrong: careers, social media, empowerment nonsense, etc... Women are massively unhappy. Want to stay sane, happy and contented? Embrace a woman's superpower: creating and nourishing communities. There are few people in life that will leave as great an impact--for better or worse--than your mother.

bg-farm-mom.jpg

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Everything "New Age" that has come into Western society, was ushered in for a reason. It is there to erode Christianity, and confuse Western minds, leaving them open to demonic influences. The groups who pushed it via the 1960s Counter Culture were the likes of Tavistock Institute, Masonic groups, ultimately Luciferians.

The same people pushing vaccinations pushed New Age, both should be treated with the same caution.

On a side note, it's always seemed telling to me that a certain David Icke has always promoted New Age, and all that comes with it...

I found this article very interesting and ultimately, very tragic. It made me think of the distinction between Christian and Buddhist meditation I read once, Christian meditation focuses on God and been filled with his spirit while in Buddhism it seems to be about emptying yourself and focusing on a void. It seems a very dangerous practice as I believe you are opening yourself to the demonic which seems to be what happened to this poor woman.

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I found this article very interesting and ultimately, very tragic. It made me think of the distinction between Christian and Buddhist meditation I read once, Christian meditation focuses on God and been filled with his spirit while in Buddhism it seems to be about emptying yourself and focusing on a void. It seems a very dangerous practice as I believe you are opening yourself to the demonic which seems to be what happened to this poor woman.

Yes, I can remember watching a video where a Buddhist monk was recounting a story where his "master" was trying to "enlighten" him. His master said "don't you realize... There is nothing!"

I've seen a similar sentiment in writings about Zen and so forth. Buddhism is basically just spiritualised nihilism

Rob Banks

Pelican
...Buddhism is basically just spiritualised nihilism
This is not true.

There are many ancient cultures that practice Buddhism. They would not have survived if they were just atheist nihilists.

Real Eastern Buddhism from the ancient world is not even remotely similar to the "Buddhism" pushed and practiced by the "new-age" movement in the modern (post-1960s) West.

Those who believe that this new-age stuff is real Buddhism are just as misguided as those who think Joel Osteen represents real Christianity, or that Fr. James Martin (the pro-LGBT priest media darling) represents true Catholicism.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Father Spyridon talks of the dangers of Yoga and the like in this superb video.

The Westernised 'spiritual not religious' brigade are leaving all the doors and windows open for demons. None of this is an accident, all by design by the Social Engineers of the last 50 years.

Zep

Pelican

Ask me anything, I "lost my mind" when I was 30, lasted 3 weeks and woke up one day and brain went "it's over"...and I could start eating again.

What happened to this girl is too easy for me to understand ( because I've been taught the basics of consciousness, no woo-woo nonsense, brass-tacks, no "demons" ooooh, boring, plain, common-sense concepts ).

Here, it's easy. Unconscious = Wild wild west, social or personally unacceptable stuff, too painful? you repress it, it is literally "out of conscious awareness"... there was a member here named Anonymous Bosch, he was absolutely brilliant, high IQ, annnnnd, he only recently, at the age of 40 something, remembered an incident where he was raped by someone at the age of 5. That ... is the power of repression!

The Church in the past said meditations welcomed demons? .. nah. The process of meditation is emptying the mind, aka, removing your ego, except, your ego has been built with protection mechanisms in place for your specific personality and your specific environmental experiences, good and bad. So, if you go through any process that removes those defense mechanisms, guess what, repressed ( for your protection ) unconscious material comes up ... and if you're not ready for it, can really really f**k you up. I've seen it personally occur with someone I knew who's psychologist pushed a little too hard and very nasty memories came up that she wasn't ready for, bad stuff happened.

From the article:

At the time, Megan’s life was in flux—she had just gone through a breakup

So she's vulnerable, wobbly, on unsteady ground.

Walking into the meditation hall, Megan looked at the rows of silent meditators, their eyes closed or staring vacantly at the wall. A surge of “immense fear” coursed through her body and she found herself panicking, unable to move. “I just zoned out into space,” she wrote later. “I can’t remember where I am. Who I am. What I’m doing here.” Then a torrent of dark thoughts came rushing in: Is it the end of the world? Am I dying? Why can’t I function or move? I can hear the Buddha now. He is telling me to meditate. I can’t, I’m so confused. Is this a test? Am I supposed to yell out “I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior?” What am I supposed to do? I am so confused.

"I just zoned out into space" - classic defense-mechanism called dissociation. When people are traumatized they dissociate, they can't consciously handle the moment and "space-out", this is classic. The "torrent of dark thoughts" are typical of a panic-attack, I've had bad panic-attacks and suffered these dark thoughts, human brains are pretty much the same, she had the same reactions as I did, as do people I know.

“Except this cure-all is real, and there are no toxic side effects.”

Wrong. They are playing with dynamite. If there is painful, repressed, content in the unconscious, the intense meditation process may burst open a Pandoras Box, that's clearly what happened here.

The authors posited that “meditation can act as a stressor in vulnerable patients.”

Lol. You don't say.

Some clinicians suspect that meditation can trigger such reactions only in individuals with underlying psychiatric conditions.

Duh x 1000.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Ask me anything, I "lost my mind" when I was 30, lasted 3 weeks and woke up one day and brain went "it's over"...and I could start eating again.

What happened to this girl is too easy for me to understand ( because I've been taught the basics of consciousness, no woo-woo nonsense, brass-tacks, no "demons" ooooh, boring, plain, common-sense concepts ).

Here, it's easy. Unconscious = Wild wild west, social or personally unacceptable stuff, too painful? you repress it, it is literally "out of conscious awareness"... there was a member here named Anonymous Bosch, he was absolutely brilliant, high IQ, annnnnd, he only recently, at the age of 40 something, remembered an incident where he was raped by someone at the age of 5. That ... is the power of repression!

The Church in the past said meditations welcomed demons? .. nah. The process of meditation is emptying the mind, aka, removing your ego, except, your ego has been built with protection mechanisms in place for your specific personality and your specific environmental experiences, good and bad. So, if you go through any process that removes those defense mechanisms, guess what, repressed ( for your protection ) unconscious material comes up ... and if you're not ready for it, can really really f**k you up. I've seen it personally occur with someone I knew who's psychologist pushed a little too hard and very nasty memories came up that she wasn't ready for, bad stuff happened.

From the article:

So she's vulnerable, wobbly, on unsteady ground.

"I just zoned out into space" - classic defense-mechanism called dissociation. When people are traumatized they dissociate, they can't consciously handle the moment and "space-out", this is classic. The "torrent of dark thoughts" are typical of a panic-attack, I've had bad panic-attacks and suffered these dark thoughts, human brains are pretty much the same, she had the same reactions as I did, as do people I know.

Wrong. They are playing with dynamite. If there is painful, repressed, content in the unconscious, the intense meditation process may burst open a Pandoras Box, that's clearly what happened here.

Lol. You don't say.

Duh x 1000.
You’ve been taught “the basics of consciousness, no woo-woo nonsense, brass-tacks, no "demons" ooooh, boring, plain, common-sense concepts”… What do you mean? Under-grad Freudian psychology that has been largely debunked? I’ve read the DSM too…

Demons are real. Possession is real. If you believe in our Christian God, you must also accept that evil, demons, and satan is real. There is a real battle over your soul. It’s not “woo-woo” nonsense. And whether you believe that or not, this form of “meditation” obviously harmed this woman for a long time. When has a Christian ever been harmed in this way while fasting for many days and praying? Have there ever been Christian monks/sisters who lost their minds after days of fasting and prayer?

Last edited: