Clergy & Monastics Abbot Tryphon of All-Merciful Saviour Monastery (Vashon Island, WA)

jeffinjapan

Robin
Orthodox
I don't know specifically, but I know Ancient Faith Radio have come down on the pro vaccine side so...
I did not know that but it’s not surprising. It still scandalizes me that clergy support their flock, or anyone, to take the vaccine that at one point in its development, used the the blood of innocent unborn children. Do the clergy know this or do they just not care?

Lawrence87

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I did not know that but it’s not surprising. It still scandalizes me that clergy support their flock, or anyone, to take the vaccine that at one point in its development, used the the blood of innocent unborn children. Do the clergy know this or do they just not care?
I can't speak for any clergy. However I've heard pro-vax arguments from Orthodox people (non clergy) that essentially acknowledge the fetal tissue problem and just shrug it off or explain it away with fallacies.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Fr. Damick’s attempt to create a stranglehold on internet Orthodoxy is, by God’s Providence, tremendously helping us separate the wheat from the chaff. Ancient Faith - for which he is Content Chief - is happy to host a “pro-choice” feminist, but deplatforms Abbott Tryphon for speaking out against Marxism.

Fr. Damick, and Ancient Faith, have chosen their team. What a blessing for false leaders to identify themselves so clearly! May God bless those standing up for the Orthodox Faith, and have mercy on Fr. Damick.

jeffinjapan

Robin
Orthodox
Imagine calling your platform an Orthodox Christian ministry and having "no position" on issues like Marxism and abortion-promoting political candidates.
AFR wants to sell as many books as possible to as wide an audience as possible hence their leader’s (Fr. Damick) refusal to take a stand on these important topics. He doesn’t want to offend the prots and other Larpers.

Mulato_Man_Gabe

Sparrow
Orthodox
Imagine calling your platform an Orthodox Christian ministry and having "no position" on issues like Marxism and abortion-promoting political candidates.

The wolves are naked and out in the open.

There was a certain YouTuber who used to publically attack AFR, and although he has since taken down his content criticizing the platform, I'm really greatful he went after them. I knew early on to be weary of them. We have to call out the snakes in our midst.

Last edited:

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
AFR wants to sell as many books as possible to as wide an audience as possible hence their leader’s (Fr. Damick) refusal to take a stand on these important topics. He doesn’t want to offend the prots and other Larpers.
I checked out their public tax statements. They don't make that much money to justify deplatforming abbots. Looks like they generate about $2 million a year in revenue.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Deplatform anyone ten inches to the right, but host people ten yards to the left. It's Ben Shapiroism.

Abbot Tryphon is courageous enough to call out not just evil, but those doing so specifically, as Christ did, as St. John the Forerunner did, as St. John Chrysostom did, etc. This deplatforming also comes immediately after he was forced to step down from his chaplain position with Vashon Island police and fire due to his "unvaccinated," i.e., "unclean" status. He was kicked while he was down.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Deplatform anyone ten inches to the right, but host people ten yards to the left. It's Ben Shapiroism.

Abbot Tryphon is courageous enough to call out not just evil, but those doing so specifically, as Christ did, as St. John the Forerunner did, as St. John Chrysostom did, etc. This deplatforming also comes immediately after he was forced to step down from his chaplain position with Vashon Island police and fire due to his "unvaccinated," i.e., "unclean" status. He was kicked while he was down.
The persecutions he regularly endures are indicative, at least to me, of a man who takes his faith seriously and has devoted his life to Christ.

lskdfjldsf

Pelican
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
Abbot Tryphon put up a new post:

He'll be posting on a different platform soon.

I'm a fresh catechumen and don't have much to offer other than cautionary tales coming from RC. It starts with distancing from traditional, politically active priests, then turns into lukewarm legalism on substantive issues, and finally mass tolerance of sin. Before you know it, rainbow flags are hanging from the cathedrals while pedo rings are busted on the local news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox
Fr. Damick’s attempt to create a stranglehold on internet Orthodoxy is, by God’s Providence, tremendously helping us separate the wheat from the chaff. Ancient Faith - for which he is Content Chief - is happy to host a “pro-choice” feminist, but deplatforms Abbott Tryphon for speaking out against Marxism.

Fr. Damick, and Ancient Faith, have chosen their team. What a blessing for false leaders to identify themselves so clearly! May God bless those standing up for the Orthodox Faith, and have mercy on Fr. Damick.
I want to second this take.

Many invisible things are being made visible. This is good for us, as it helps all of us discern who to trust.