Adidas Too Busy Virtue-Signalling About SJW Issues To Notice One Of The Best Ads Ever

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/01/06/05/44/film-students-emotional-adidas-ad-goes-viral-after-it-was-ignored-by-the-company

A German film student whose inspiring but unofficial spec commercial which went ignored by shoe manufacturer Adidas has received wide acclaim after he posted the video online.

Eugen Merher’s film “Adidas – Break Free”, depicts an elderly former marathon runner, troubled by his monotony life in a retirement home, discovering an old pair of Adidas sneakers.

The finding reignites his love of running and he attempts to leave the home, only to be repeatedly obstructed by staff, before finally escaping.

Mr Merher told The Huffington Post he attempted to send the video to Adidas’ communication department, which failed to react, prompting him to post it online last month instead.

The 26-year-old’s video has since received more than half a million views and won the praise of numerous YouTube users.

“This film has so much beauty, honesty and humanity,” one user wrote.

“Had me choked up at the end, well done,” another said.

The human resources, public relations, advertising, and general media divisions of multinationals are so incredibly bloated nowadays. And, to boot, they're staffed predominantly by women.

This guy submits his piece, which is clearly in the top 0.001% of commercials you will ever see by professionals, let alone film students, and it gets ignored in favor of earlier crap like this virtue-signalling:

"Adidas Encourages Star Athletes to Come Out"

"Adidas is paying schools to drop racist Native American mascots"

As an ROK writer, I keep abreast of all the mainstream media happenings, plus the zanier SJW bullshit. It is a testament to the inadequacies of these cucked corporations that their overpaid teams can't produce anything memorable, even when it's about bizarre support for kids who wanna be athletes and snip their genitalia to become girls.

Yes, this is just one proposal Adidas didn't bother responding to. But how fucked must the company be in terms of its politics to pass this over and opt for its normal pandering fare?
 

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
That commercial was excellent..... I hope it jumps starts a successful career for the maker.

Fuck Adidas.
 
WAIT, I FIGURED IT OUT!

Adidas declined to reply because:

- The student filmmaker Eugen wasn't Eugenia.
- He did not reference his cis-gender white male privilege at least three times through the commercial.
- The old man who wanted to run resisted female staff - multiple times.
- The ad didn't feature the German version of Jeffrey Tambor from Transparent.
- Elderly residents in the retirement home didn't have prominent photos of their gay, lesbian, and transgender grandchildren in their rooms.
- There were too many white East German people born in the 1940s featured.
- Not enough head female nurses were included (more than one of one head nurses needs to be female).
- The terribly menacing man in the wheelchair was assaulting the female stuff by obstructing them.
 

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
david.garrett84 said:
WAIT, I FIGURED IT OUT!

Adidas declined to reply because:

- The student filmmaker Eugen wasn't Eugenia.
- He did not reference his cis-gender white male privilege at least three times through the commercial.
- The old man who wanted to run resisted female staff - multiple times.
- The ad didn't feature the German version of Jeffrey Tambor from Transparent.
- Elderly residents in the retirement home didn't have prominent photos of their gay, lesbian, and transgender grandchildren in their rooms.
- There were too many white East German people born in the 1940s featured.
- Not enough head female nurses were included (more than one of one head nurses needs to be female).
- The terribly menacing man in the wheelchair was assaulting the female stuff by obstructing them.
Adidas declined to reply because the video depicts non-LGBT old White people having positive feelings and emotions, which doesn't, cannot, exist. Old White people, it's well-known, don't have a soul, unless they are Elton John, so: well-done Adidas!
 

YoungBlade

Hummingbird
I got choked up, I'll admit.

Of course they hate it, it is an old white man reclaiming his masculinity through his passion. Not only that, but old white people working together.

Fuck globalist corporate bullshit.
 
Why do people here care if Adidas didnt respond and why does the video maker care so much for adidas (he could take it to any running shoe maker).

All these big brands are the same, Nike, Adidas, Lous Vuitton, Hugo Boss Blah blah blah. None of them are cool. They would have to pay me a million to wear their logos.
 

A.S

 
AWESOME VID

BUT

david.garrett84 said:
As an ROK writer, I keep abreast of all the mainstream media happenings, plus the zanier SJW bullshit. It is a testament to the inadequacies of these cucked corporations that their overpaid teams can't produce anything memorable, even when it's about bizarre support for kids who wanna be athletes and snip their genitalia to become girls.
TOO MUCH POSTURING.
 

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
One of the top comments:

They probably ignored it, because they prefer commercials with young, self-centric, multicultural hipsters, wearing fitness trackers, reaching fake goals while actually achieving nothing. But still, you know those hipsters will be posting about it on instagram, as if they were the special snowflake that deserves the attention
Our ideas are really gaining traction across the whole internet.
 

Teutatis

Pelican
Gold Member
I can see why Adidas ignored it, I didn't think it was good either.

Teedub said:
Our ideas are really gaining traction across the whole internet.
What do you mean by "our ideas".
 

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
^ a few years ago it would have been an eyebrow raiser to see a comment like that on a non-red pill section of the internet, not so anymore.
 

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
aSimpNamedBrokeback said:
Maybe they didn't think it was that great, I didn't. If he can run why is he locked up in a nursing home?
That ad reminded me of a movie, "Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" - - mean nurse, old people being locked in a home, etc.
 

IvanDrago

Pelican
Gold Member
I don't get the "ignoring" thing. So, some random dude makes a random little video about shoes, and what? A huge corporation is supposed to do what? Are they supposed to buy the commercial and start airing it?

I don't understand the outrage, who would be the target audience for this commercial? Senior citizens who are healthy enough to run but have some type of mental disorder that wouldn't allow them to live alone?

If some random dude started doing my job for free, I wouldn't advertise it to the world. You guys are fucking retards if you think this commercial is being ignored because the main character is a white man expressing his masculinity and because it shows white people helping each other. Calm the fuck down and focus your energy on some real threat.

If you think your masculinity or race or whatever are under attack here need to fucking unplug from this shit for a while. The US presidential race, or whatever other propaganda you are binging on is rotting your damned brain.
 

Goldin Boy

Pelican
RE: Adidas Too Busy Virtue-Signalling About SJW Issues...

Ivan's got a point. Most advertising is targeted. Usually the person you see depicted in the advert, print or TV commercial, is whom the ad meant to attract and hopefully sell to(ad has Asian guy in it they're trying to sell to Asian Men)

Let's be serious, how many White Male Senior citizens are dying to be marathon runners? Adidas probably realized that while those Seniors may have lots of money, there aren't enough of them to justify the cost large-scale ad campaign.

It was a well-thought out, creative ad(he should make this into a short film). But ads aren't judged on their creativity. They're judged on their ability to sell; ads aren't art. This one's looking for a nearly non-existent target demographic so therefore it's a shitty ad.

That's it.

There's no globalist boogeyman targeting straight White Men stopping them from doing anything, OP. Adidas passed because they wouldn't get much money from it.
 
Goldin Boy said:
Ivan's got a point. Most advertising is targeted. Usually the person you see depicted in the advert, print or TV commercial, is whom the ad meant to attract and hopefully sell to(ad has Asian guy in it they're trying to sell to Asian Men)

Let's be serious, how many White Male Senior citizens are dying to be marathon runners? Adidas probably realized that while those Seniors may have lots of money, there aren't enough of them to justify the cost large-scale ad campaign.

It was a well-thought out, creative ad(he should make this into a short film). But ads aren't judged on their creativity. They're judged on their ability to sell; ads aren't art. This one's looking for a nearly non-existent target demographic so therefore it's a shitty ad.

That's it.

There's no globalist boogeyman targeting straight White Men stopping them from doing anything, OP. Adidas passed because they wouldn't get much money from it.
Alright, so how many actual Adidas customers were being targeted by the LGBT or anti-Indian mascot payments madness it has engaged in? Because leftist hipsters don't wear their gear. All this virtue-signalling I mentioned appeals to leftist whites, the people least likely to buy Adidas.

There is something woefully wrong when corporate media and advertising teams (particularly the people who head them and gain from new hits, regardless of where they come from), not to mention executives, think the LGBT and Indian mascot shit will sell their product, but ads like this are not even considered.

So, yes, these people live in a bubble and they are peddling politically correct codswallop on a regular basis.

I said the corporations were cucked, not conspiratorial. And they are cucked when it comes to showing ads about certain folks. They're too focused on pandering to the 3-4% of people who are gay/lesbian, the 0.5% who want to "change" their gender or supposedly have, the hipsters, and minorities (which really centers on what the corporations think are "minority issues", thus encompassing only a subsection of minority opinions). Saying this doesn't make me or anyone else criticizing either an ardent white nationalist or a member of the more racially extreme wing of the alt-right.

Ivan, as for your post, you're assuming that the target market matches only the people depicted in the advertisement - old people and middle-aged or nearing middle-aged medical staff. By that logic, any ad featuring a severely handicapped person won't resonate ever with the 98.5% of people who aren't severely handicapped. Half of the time, the kinds of people in the ad do not matter at all - the emotions do.

Whether you love or hate the ad, it's relatively deep. Reducing it to only being able to appeal to old folks in old folks' homes dreaming nostalgically of long-gone youth is rather ridiculous given the waves across many demographics it has made this week.

As for the "doing my job for free thing", that is not how marketing and advertising works for Nike at least. I can't comment on Adidas. The people who scout ideas or are responsible for administering creative teams have every incentive for picking a successful advertising campaign.
 
IvanDrago said:
I don't get the "ignoring" thing. So, some random dude makes a random little video about shoes, and what? A huge corporation is supposed to do what? Are they supposed to buy the commercial and start airing it?

I don't understand the outrage, who would be the target audience for this commercial? Senior citizens who are healthy enough to run but have some type of mental disorder that wouldn't allow them to live alone?

If some random dude started doing my job for free, I wouldn't advertise it to the world. You guys are fucking retards if you think this commercial is being ignored because the main character is a white man expressing his masculinity and because it shows white people helping each other. Calm the fuck down and focus your energy on some real threat.

If you think your masculinity or race or whatever are under attack here need to fucking unplug from this shit for a while. The US presidential race, or whatever other propaganda you are binging on is rotting your damned brain.
It is just like some "red pillers" on here are not better than the feminists they try to fight against.
 
IvanDrago said:
I don't understand the outrage, who would be the target audience for this commercial?
Goldin Boy said:
Ivan's got a point. Most advertising is targeted.

...

Let's be serious, how many White Male Senior citizens are dying to be marathon runners? Adidas probably realized that while those Seniors may have lots of money, there aren't enough of them to justify the cost large-scale ad campaign.

...

This one's looking for a nearly non-existent target demographic so therefore it's a shitty ad.
Oh, for fuck's sake. A shitty ad?! One that makes news around the world, despite not even being used by its corporate recipient?

Guys, stop bandying around the term "target market" as if you really know what it means and how it works.

Your argument is basically, "The ad has old people and it can't be a good ad because old people rarely buy Adidas." Meanwhile, this guy will get 20 million views of his "bad" ad, that didn't even become an official ad, by the end of 2017.

The student filmmaker's own upload has already gotten 5 million views (yes, for a SPEC AD) in basically three or four days. It was posted mid-December but took off after the New Year.

The massive publicity this video piece has gotten is entirely demonstrative of why Adidas should have chosen it.

The vast majority of people talking about it are young people, Adidas' meta-market.
 
Top