Alec Baldwin accidentally kills one person on movie set

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
He was rehearsing a scene when he fired a "prop gun" (i.e. a real gun with blanks) at several individuals.
A shooting on the New Mexico set of the Alec Baldwin movie Rust left one person dead and another in critical condition Thursday.

At 1:50 p.m. MST, Santa Fe County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call that someone had been shot where the movie was filming at Santa Fe's Bonanza Creek Ranch. According to a news release, investigators reported that two individuals were shot when a prop firearm was discharged. As of late Thursday, they were still working to determine exactly what happened.

A 42-year woman was taken by helicopter to University of New Mexico Hospital, where she later died. (Deadline reported that she was a member of the crew.) A male victim, also 42, took an ambulance to Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, where he is receiving emergency treatment.

Rust is described on IMDb as a Western, the story of a 13-year-old boy in 1880's Kansas who, charged with protecting himself and his little brother after the death of their parents, "goes on the run with his long estranged grandfather after he's sentenced to hang for the accidental killing of a local rancher."
Most news headlines state that it was the gun that killed the individuals, not Alec Baldwin.
Here's a tweet that he shared a few years ago.

Perhaps God is calling him to repentance...

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
He was rehearsing a scene when he fired a "prop gun" (i.e. a real gun with blanks) at several individuals.

Most news headlines state that it was the gun that killed the individuals, not Alec Baldwin.
Here's a tweet that he shared a few years ago.

Perhaps God is calling him to repentance...

The plot of the movie revolves around an accidental killing? Hollywood is sick.

Charbel Makhlouf

Pigeon
Orthodox Catechumen
Lord have mercy.

The cynical side of me immediately suspects this is some sort of Hollywood occult sacrifice or a rich/depraved man who manufactured an excuse to fulfill some sort of dark impulse.

As I think on it now, I realize my brain is barely open to the idea that it was actually an accident. I'm not sure if that reflect worse on me or Hollywood.

In any case, I pray that both the victims and Alec were/will be in a state of grace in the final moments of their earthly life.

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
I was just discussing this with someone. Why would the cinematographer and director be accidentally shot if they are behind the scenes and not "in the scene"? Wouldn't this indicate that Baldwin fired inappropriately in their direction instead of at actors on the set?

Just some questions that require an explanation.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
I always figured Alec Baldwin would have ended up killing a paparazzo or someone over a parking spot.

This happened to Brandon Lee on the set of The Crow 25 years ago or so. He died from a squib round. Crew initially made dummy rounds by extracting powder cartridge but failing to do so with primer. They fired a test shot that went partially through the barrel. They then switched to blanks for the scene with Brandon Lee. These rounds had powder and a primer, turning the bullet into a projectile and ending Lee's life.

To answer VH's question: My guess is that the scene involved Baldwin pointing the gun at the camera. If it was a small budget movie the cinematographer might have been operating the camera. I'd also speculate that they were in relatively close proximity.

Last edited:

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
I always figured Alec Baldwin would have ended up killing a paparazzo or someone over a parking spot.

This happened to Brandon Lee on the set of The Crow 25 years ago or so. He died from a squib round. Crew initially made dummy rounds by extracting powder cartridge but failing to do so with primer. They fired a test shot that went partially through the barrel. They then switched to blanks for the scene with Brandon Lee. These rounds had powder and a primer, turning the bullet into a projectile and ending Lee's life.

To answer VH's question: My guess is that the scene involved Baldwin pointing the gun at the camera. If it was a small budget movie the cinematographer might have been operating the camera. I'd also speculate that they were in relatively close proximity.

Right. I did picture that she and the director were likely very close together. How sick.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Apparently and surprisingly to me at least its not that uncommon

An Associated Press report from 2016 determined that from 1990 until the time of publication, at least 43 people died on sets in the U.S. and more than 150 had been left with life-altering injuries.
Somehow its not surprising that Alec Baldwin is involved though. He always seems be a lightning rod for drama (pun intended).

Maybe Trump curse for his SNL buffoonery? ;)

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
I don't buy it. This smells like Hegelian theatre. The people close to the action are in the high-level entertainment industry = Government men. Perhaps a very few trusted employees are present, people who take their money and keep their mouth shut. The rest of the "fatal accident" is special effects, assuming it happened at all.
"Born in 1979, Halyna Hutchins was the daughter of military parents and grew up on a Soviet base 'in the Arctic circle'. Recalling what it was like, she said they were 'surrounded by reindeer and nuclear submarines'."
She is Russian intelligence.

Director Adam Egypt Mortimer, who worked with Hutchins on the 2020 superhero mystery-thriller Archenemy, said on GMB today: 'She was somebody who was absolutely dedicated to art and integrity.

'She was Ukrainian and had this incredible European art sensibility so that the more things on our set that would become challenging or difficult the more she would want to figure out how to transcend the limitations and turn it into art.

'When I met her I knew after about five minutes of talking to her she would be an incredible partner to work with... I can tell already she was going to be a genius and she was so dedicated to do anything to make a movie seem immersive and truthful and that was her personality.'

Is he talking about a dead woman or a super spy who could easily fake their death & live under a new identity?

At least they didn't have a totally real fatal accident on a movie set on the spooky date 21/8/21, where an actor-agent of middling popularity shot the cute, blond, immigrant, young-mother-with-a-career-agent with a fake gun on a conspicuously symbolic location.

baldwin.jpg

Oh dagnamit, what are the odds the cops would have to crime scene a rustic church?

Alec Baldwin seems to be in light contact with police, but he's tweeting his side of the story, according to the best legal advice:
In two tweets on Friday, Baldwin said: 'There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours.

'I'm fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family.

'My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.'

According to witnesses on-set, Baldwin was stunned after firing the fatal round and asked: 'Why was I handed a hot gun?'

That's the sort of thing I would say too when I had shot a woman dead two seconds earlier. Not to mention if she was still alive and in terrible agony: "Hutchins, 42, died shortly after being shot by Baldwin"

But come on, we have to feel bad for the widower. He's been having a rough time recently as a ghost.
At some point Hutchins moved to the US, settling in California. She married husband Matthew, a lawyer who worked as an associate with US firm Kirkland & Ellis until 2017. His current role is not known.

Still, ol'uncle Alec is there all the way for the poor man whose wife he just hamburgered:

Halyna's husband Matthew, a lawyer with whom she shares an eight-year-old son, told DailyMail.com on Friday: 'I have spoken with Alec Baldwin and he is being very supportive.'
I bet the wealthy movie star is keeping up his end of the deal in a "totally real death that must be devastating". If my wife had just been ended, I would badly need the support of the man who did it too /sarcasm. Of course he is fine: his wife (assuming they are married and not merely colleagues) is alive and they will be promoted for this.

The prop gun malfunction is done to death already, and frankly I am disappointed in Alec for being such a hack.

Last edited:

Maddox

Woodpecker
Lord have mercy.

The cynical side of me immediately suspects this is some sort of Hollywood occult sacrifice or a rich/depraved man who manufactured an excuse to fulfill some sort of dark impulse.

As I think on it now, I realize my brain is barely open to the idea that it was actually an accident. I'm not sure if that reflect worse on me or Hollywood.

Geez...talk about paranoia.

It's an accident that happened on the set of a movie. This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it won't be the last.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
Geez...talk about paranoia.

It's an accident that happened on the set of a movie. This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it won't be the last.
I will agree to a sub 5% chance she was sacrificed/executed. I'm >95% sure it's a fake death, lazily done on a film set by literal actors.

If this is an accident like the press, brought to us by Pfizer, says, then I will be a reptile's nephew for a month, and do your chores for a week. Do we have a deal?

Last edited:

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Whatever the circumstances of this incident, it's always a good reminder to ACTS-PROVE your firearm before you load and shoot it:

Assume your firearm is loaded.
Control the muzzle direction.
Trigger finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard.
See that the firearm is unloaded.

Point the firearm in the safest direction.
Remove the cartridges.
Observe the chamber.
Verify the feeding path.
Examine the bore.

I don't buy it. This smells like Hegelian theatre. The people close to the action are in the high-level entertainment industry = Government men. Perhaps a very few trusted employees are present, people who take their money and keep their mouth shut. The rest of the "fatal accident" is special effects, assuming it happened at all.

She is Russian intelligence.

Is he talking about a dead woman or a super spy who could easily fake their death & live under a new identity?

At least they didn't have a totally real fatal accident on a movie set on the spooky date 21/8/21, where an actor-agent of middling popularity shot the cute, blond, immigrant, young-mother-with-a-career-agent with a fake gun on a conspicuously symbolic location.

View attachment 34382

Oh dagnamit, what are the odds the cops would have to crime scene a rustic church?

Alec Baldwin seems to be in light contact with police, but he's tweeting his side of the story, according to the best legal advice:

That's the sort of thing I would say too when I had shot a woman dead two seconds earlier. Not to mention if she was still alive and in terrible agony: "Hutchins, 42, died shortly after being shot by Baldwin"

But come on, we have to feel bad for the widower. He's been having a rough time recently as a ghost.

Still, ol'uncle Alec is there all the way for the poor man whose wife he just hamburgered:

I bet the wealthy movie star is keeping up his end of the deal in a "totally real death that must be devastating". If my wife had just been ended, I would badly need the support of the man who did it too /sarcasm. Of course he is fine: his wife (assuming they are married and not merely colleagues) is alive and they will be promoted for this.

The prop gun malfunction is done to death already, and frankly I am disappointed in Alec for being such a hack.

What are you talking about? You're saying you think this was staged? You sound like a jaded dude. Take a deep breadth and turn off the internet for a few days.