Alec Baldwin accidentally kills one person on movie set

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
From the article
"In addition to safety lessons and practice sessions, actors are told to keep a safe distance from other crew members when handling a prop gun. Filmmakers often use movie magic so it looks as if an actor is pointing a gun directly at another character — when they're actually pointing the weapon at an angle or off-center."

They expect us to believe that actors are trained not to even point their fake guns at people on camera, but Alec somehow slipped and close-range blasted someone who was by definition off camera, and that unlucky blast from a fake gun was fatal.

From the article
"In addition to safety lessons and practice sessions, actors are told to keep a safe distance from other crew members when handling a prop gun. Filmmakers often use movie magic so it looks as if an actor is pointing a gun directly at another character — when they're actually pointing the weapon at an angle or off-center."

They expect us to believe that actors are trained not to even point their fake guns at people on camera, but Alec somehow slipped and close-range blasted someone who was by definition off camera, and that unlucky blast from a fake gun was fatal.
Entirely possible that he was screwing around with the "fake" gun. Remember Jon Erik Hexum? Either that or (I'm guessing this is more likely) he was losing his s**t at some lowly underling, as is his wont, and pointed the pistol in a threatening manner.

Screenshot_20211022-151446_Chrome.jpg

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
I don't buy it. This smells like Hegelian theatre. The people close to the action are in the high-level entertainment industry = Government men. Perhaps a very few trusted employees are present, people who take their money and keep their mouth shut. The rest of the "fatal accident" is special effects, assuming it happened at all.

She is Russian intelligence.

Is he talking about a dead woman or a super spy who could easily fake their death & live under a new identity?

At least they didn't have a totally real fatal accident on a movie set on the spooky date 21/8/21, where an actor-agent of middling popularity shot the cute, blond, immigrant, young-mother-with-a-career-agent with a fake gun on a conspicuously symbolic location.

View attachment 34382

Oh dagnamit, what are the odds the cops would have to crime scene a rustic church?

Alec Baldwin seems to be in light contact with police, but he's tweeting his side of the story, according to the best legal advice:

That's the sort of thing I would say too when I had shot a woman dead two seconds earlier. Not to mention if she was still alive and in terrible agony: "Hutchins, 42, died shortly after being shot by Baldwin"

But come on, we have to feel bad for the widower. He's been having a rough time recently as a ghost.

Still, ol'uncle Alec is there all the way for the poor man whose wife he just hamburgered:

I bet the wealthy movie star is keeping up his end of the deal in a "totally real death that must be devastating". If my wife had just been ended, I would badly need the support of the man who did it too /sarcasm. Of course he is fine: his wife (assuming they are married and not merely colleagues) is alive and they will be promoted for this.

The prop gun malfunction is done to death already, and frankly I am disappointed in Alec for being such a hack.

You raise some interesting points. This is very bizarre and I don't just accept the cover story without question. Weird statements by Baldwin and the husband. See how it develops.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
What are you talking about? You're saying you think this was staged? You sound like a jaded dude. Take a deep breadth and turn off the internet for a few days.
No offence taken, and please keep to the forum rules.
Yes, I am clearly saying that the most likely explanation based on the data in two brought-to-us-by-pfizer news articles is that a fake death was carried out in a rustic church on a movie set on 21/8/21 by one G man, Baldwin, to promote another G man, codename HH.
Mr HH is not upset because he knows HH is alive, and Baldwin is walking around blabbing platitudes on twitter with no police worries because he's innocent of even harming her. Everyone gets paid, and the show goes on.

If you are new to fake deaths, it can be a head spinner. I suggest that JFK is the most important fake death of the last century.

But the list is long. In the UK, we had Jo Cox, the Manchester Arena bombing, to name a couple.

These people go on to grand careers. They are 100% loyal in their new identities. They are dead, they are free, they have jobs for life. They would never want to reveal themselves: that would be like throwing away an all expenses, high status job, pension, healthcare and a generous travel+holiday deal, when the alternative is getting heart-attack-whacked, car accidented, or thrown in a loony bin.

Last edited:

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
Quoting Baldwin immediately after the shooting : "Why was I handed a hot gun?'"

So, one second after killing the Ukrainian woman, he's already escaping responsibility. "I was made to do it"...

The question he should ask himself is, "why was I so dumb and criminally stupid, that I discharged a gun that I hadn't previously checked, in the direction of someone".

Everybody who practices sport shooting, knows that you never pull the trigger while pointing the gun at a friend, even in jest and having been told the weapon is unloaded. It's something one NEVER does.

But obviously Alec Baldwin is a careless fool, and a criminal fool at that. It is obviously manslaughter, by the way. He has to go to jail.

NickK

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Quoting Baldwin immediately after the shooting : "Why was I handed a hot gun?'"

So, one second after killing the Ukrainian woman, he's already escaping responsibility. "I was made to do it"...

The question he should ask himself is, "why was I so dumb and criminally stupid, that I discharged a gun that I hadn't previously checked, in the direction of someone".

Everybody who practices sport shooting, knows that you never pull the trigger while pointing the gun at a friend, even in jest and having been told the weapon is unloaded. It's something one NEVER does.

But obviously Alec Baldwin is a careless fool, and a criminal fool at that. It is obviously manslaughter, by the way. He has to go to jail.
Going to jail is possibly the only way he can repent and turn to God.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Right. I did picture that she and the director were likely very close together. How sick.

I meant all of them were probably close in range. Baldwin being a Hollywood actor with zero gun skills they probably weren't more than 20 feet away.

Why are you saying it's sick? It was an accident. Edek is going full on tin hat theory on this one. When accidents on sets happen it puts the whole production into jeopardy. A few years ago a crew was shooting a movie called "Midnight Rider" on a trestle. They didn't have permission and along came a train and killed a crew member. The movie never got made and the director ended up doing a year in prison.

Why are you saying it's sick? It was an accident.
First rule of handling a gun is you always treat it like it is loaded. you never play point it at anyone. Why was he playing with it like a toy?
And even stunt actors have protocols - safety checks, and never aiming at anyone even with blanks (over the shoulder or slightly off target)
Negligent homicide or manslaughter at the very least -

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
When accidents on sets happen it puts the whole production into jeopardy.
That doesn't matter if the whole production is a cover, or if the plug was being pulled anyway.
A few years ago a crew was shooting a movie called "Midnight Rider" on a trestle. They didn't have permission and along came a train and killed a crew member. The movie never got made and the director ended up doing a year in prison.
Real accidents happen in every industry, but it's easiest to fake them on film sets. Let's see if anyone goes to prison.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
He should be charged at a minimum with negligence.

Look, just about every DVD over the last 20 years has 'behind-the-scenes' footage.

Collateral and End Of Watch are two that come to mind. Tom Cruise went through (I believe) SAS Weapons Training and learned a lot about firearms. The briefcase scene in Collateral is considered one of the most realistic scenes as far as the way Cruise not only draws the gun but keeps it close to his body. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena rode with real LAPD prior to filming.

In Saving Private Ryan, the cast, except for Matt Damon, went through a Boot Camp school kind of thing similar to a real Boot Camp. Damon was not made to attend because the director wanted the rest of the cast to genuinely not like him (which played into the story).

Alec Baldwin has been in well over 100 different movies and TV series, including The Hunt For Red October, The Getaway, and two Mission Impossible movies. I only mention those specific movies because I've seen those movies and in those movies he holds and points a firearm !!

For him to turn around and have the first thing he says be, "Why was I handed a hot gun ?".. he can't really claim ignorance, this ain't his first movie with a gun.

I don't think he set out to shoot someone dead, but there's also a responsibility that falls on his own lap and he should be held accountable.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
That doesn't matter if the whole production is a cover, or if the plug was being pulled anyway.

Real accidents happen in every industry, but it's easiest to fake them on film sets. Let's see if anyone goes to prison.

You know you remind me of a guy that used to hang around here.

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
Type A's are full of ego and arrogance.

You can tell an arrogant gun-guy that he is ricocheting from 1/4 mile away and he/she won't believe you - that is, until they hurt someone with blood involved.

Wiki
"While blanks are less dangerous than live ammunition, they are far from harmless, and can in fact be fatal. Beside the hot combustion gases, any objects in the cartridge itself (like wadding or a bullet-shaped plug keeping the propellant in place) or the barrel will be propelled at high velocity and cause injury or death at close range."

Edit:
Rip open a shotgun shell / cartridge and take a look at the wadding and hard plastic covering; I suppose this is what penetrated and caused blood loss.

John 3:16

RedLagoon

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Nice to see the conspiracy-tards already having the "proof" that the unfortunate lady was a Russian spy and that she is still alive. Talk about disrespect.

Baldwin more than likely was showing off to some young hottie extra how much of a tough guy he is by flapping a hot gun around at the people who told him he can't act or something.

RIP and God bless to you all involved.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I think there's more chance Baldwin will sue the armourer for providing him with a faulty/deadly weapon and the ensuing mental trauma he has to deal with as a result.
This guy strikes me as a sociopath so his "wondering how it would feel" was probably a morbid curiosity or desire rather than genuine fear of remorse. I bet he has no remorse and is just trying to spin this in a suitable direction with his PR team.