Alexander Dugin

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
I have been reading about Dugin today. Not very knowledgeable on his works, but there are some red flags.

Deacon Andrei Kuraev wrote in his book "The Church in the World of Men" (2007) about Dugin: "This enemy is more dangerous than any Blavatsky (because he is smarter and more educated). Like Blavatsky, it's an attempt to digest Orthodoxy into cabalism. It's enough to remember his article "Kabbalah Messianism". The undisguised apology of terror, the desire to turn Orthodoxy into a revolutionary-terrorist ideology also does not cause a desire to get close to this man."

Also he is a member of the National Bolshevik Party. https://thuletide.wordpress.com/2020/04/08/aleksandr-dugin-part-1/

https://spencergate.wordpress.com/2017/08/27/aleksandr-dugin/

“The end times and the eschatological meaning of politics will not realize themselves on their own. We will wait for the end in vain. The end will never come if we wait for it, and it will never come if we do not. . . . If the Fourth Political Practice is not able to realize the end of times, then it would be invalid. The end of days should come, but it will not come by itself. This is a task, it is not a certainty. It is an active metaphysics. It is a practice.” – The Fourth Political Theory'

“Every westerner is a racist… Western civilization is a racist, ethnocentric civilization… the civilizations of the West and the East are very different. The eastern one is superior in that it fights against the racism of the western one. […] The ethnocentrism of Western Europe is a constant. You don’t have to be surprised about the concentration camps. […] All European philosophers are racists.”

I don't know. It sounds eerily similar to me in some ways of the guy writing the fourth industrial revolution...

This is mostly right, Dugin is not a real Christian, he is a fervent kabbalist and a longtime admirer of Aleister Crowley, and his philosophy is indeed one of chaos magick, does seem rooted in Sabbatean Frankism.

Here is Dugin engaging in a occult satanic ritual exaltation of Crowley, reading a poem that is an incantation of black/sex magick:

There is also a more recent video of him participating in a panel with a bunch of gloho figures where he raves effusively about the kabbala, which clearly shows that it is his guiding philosophy.

So the guy is highly suspect, and most likely not a real Christian.

This being said, most of his discourse on international politics and culture is a good take, but I would be weary of his deeper motives.

Also, a lot of his detractors are themselves highly compromised in terms of ethics, philosophy of theology, they tend to be boomercon Atlantists who oppose him because he is against the GAE -classic hegelian dialectic- .

So take the baby in the Dugin speech, but be weary of the bathwater it comes from.

Last point about Dugin - he is nowhere near as influential as he's being portrayed. He's been described as Putin's philosopher, along the same lines of Wang Huming, the 5th ranking CCP politbureau official and the brains behind Xi. In reality Dugin is a fairly marginal figure, the policies advocated by Putin do not closely follow his chaos theory, or embrace his narrow Russian nationalist brand. Putin has actually been a stabilizing force globally, his policies for instance are stabilizing the mideast, he has single-handedly neutralized ISIS there,

Bottom line, don't latch your ideological boat on someone who is fundamantlly compromised, but don't reject everything about him either, as most of his points are reasonable. But be weary of his deeper motives and persona.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
This is mostly right, Dugin is not a real Christian, he is a fervent kabbalist and a longtime admirer of Aleister Crowley, and his philosophy is indeed one of chaos magick, does seem rooted in Sabbatean Frankism.

Here is Dugin engaging in a occult satanic ritual exaltation of Crowley, reading a poem that is an incantation of black/sex magick:

There is also a more recent video of him participating in a panel with a bunch of gloho figures where he raves effusively about the kabbala, which clearly shows that it is his guiding philosophy.

This being said, most of his discourse on international politics and culture is a good take, but I would be weary of his deeper motives.

Also, a lot of his detractors are themselves highly compromised in terms of ethics, philosophy of theology, they tend to be boomercon Atlantists who oppose him because he is against the GAE -classic hegelian dialectic- .

So take the baby in the Dugin speech, but be weary of the bathwater it comes from.

Last point about Dugin - he is nowhere near as influential as he's being portrayed. He's been described as Putin's philosopher, along the same lines of Wang Huming, the 5th ranking CCP politbureau official and the brains behind Xi. In reality Dugin is a fairly marginal figure, the policies advocated by Putin do not closely follow his chaos theory, or embrace his narrow Russian nationalist brand. Putin has actually been a stabilizing force globally, his policies for instance are stabilizing the mideast, he has single-handedly neutralized ISIS there,

Bottom line, don't latch your ideological boat on someone who is fundamantlly compromised, but don't reject everything about him either, as most of his points are reasonable. But be weary of his deeper motives and persona.

Thanks for the explanation, especially helpful info regarding his influence on Putin. Most Western articles indeed portray him as some kind of soothsayer for Putin, comparing him to Rasputin and the royal family for example.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox

Excellent!

Thank you for the write up on him. I don't speak Russian so I have to take it for granted that there's no distortion about what he is saying... But anyone espousing the talking points of Alister Crowley needs to be noted as not someone we need to be venerating as a great thinker. I was aware of the communist aspect but no the Occult Dark Magic connection. VERY troubling. Go down the rabbit hole on Crowley and the Cult of Thelema https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelema. Anyone who would participate in this needs to be anathematized from your psyche as even though they may have correct views in some regards, they are participating in dialogue with demons.

Western Civilization is Christendom, Beethoven, the Crusades, Gutenberg, Michelangelo, Homer, Dante. It is silly to use the West as a slur, but not the East with its Bolshevist history (Russia, China) or Arabia that gave birth to the greatest heresy ever. Sure, degeneracy is nowadays very visible in the West, but that does not make the East holy with its also ridiculously low birth rates. Russia and China were socially more conservative in the 1960s than today. Since Putin got into office the Russian birth rates went down even more, after going up for a short time, but are now below 1990 level. I don't blame him, it is what it is, but he surely does not save Russia.
Both Russia and America do not have any future as a world power because they don't have any kids.
On the other hand, not being number one is very good, because it keeps foreigners away. Since America became the global number one, did it get better or worse? These are the things visionaries don't understand. They reach for the sky, but have no sense for the soil. Potatoes don't fall from the sky, they grow out of the soil.
The fertility rate of whites in America and Europe is in the toilet right now, and America and Russia both have nearly the same rate of divorces a around 50%. The west has largely abandoned Christianity which is why its turning into Babylon.

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
Woods is mostly right, but he's demonstrably wrong on this aspect, as shown in the video above where Dugin is engaged in a satanic incantation of Crowley:

The idea he is some kind of Satanist is laughable. He is a Traditionalist Orthodox Christian that literally calls the liberal world order the anti-Christ, and his criticism of modernism and nominalism is grounded in his understanding of Orthodox theology.

Imagine if Pat Buchanan wrote books on Heidegger and Guenon and wanted America to annex Mexico and Canada, that's pretty close to Dugin.

Pat Buchanan actually is a devout Catholic, which is very rare in the American political landscape.

TPizzle

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer

This is correct. In The Fourth Political Theory, he argues that Russia needed to replace her philosophical foundation of Logos with Chaos, and that Logos has "reached the end of itself." That alone shows that he has some seriously dangerous ulterior motives. He's way too into Evola as well.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Woods is mostly right, but he's demonstrably wrong on this aspect, as shown in the video above where Dugin is engaged in a satanic incantation of Crowley:

Pat Buchanan actually is a devout Catholic, which is very rare in the American political landscape.
Buchanan would have radically changed American trajectory. Thats why he said by his own admission he wouldn't win, but had to get the ideas into the Public space.

The Crowley video speaks for itself.

I'm waiting for an apologists to explain, so far nothing meets the mark.

Yeagerist

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
Sad to find out that Dugin is a occult worshipper, I saw Keith Woods' video on my YouTube newsfeed and it piqued my interest on a pro-Russian ideology that doesn't play on the Hegelian left-right dialectic. Without context, I would argue that an economically and militarily strong Eurasian civilization would be a perfect counterweight or foil to the Anglo-Saxon order with all its good and bad. Best scenario for this if the USSR survives the 1990's without collapsing and enacts economic and government reform.

I respect this guy. Read a book on his socio-economic views while in high school which introduced me into paleoconservatism and convinced me of the merit of a small government and sound currency combined with enforcing traditional values and a strong national identity. Of course my stances have changed a lot since then, but it remained at the core of my worldview which is now molded by Orthodox Christianity.

JohnQThomas

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Western civilization was this. It used to be these things, but they were jettisoned. Important distinction.
Those things are still available for study. And we should study them—and teach them to our kids, and encourage at least some of the next generation to study them at advanced levels so they can in turn teach them to future generations. (I don’t understand the recent emphasis on “STEM and/or trades for everyone”. If absolutely nobody studies those so-called “useless liberal arts and humanities subjects”, then the Western culture we claim to value will be lost.)

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
I found a relevent video about this man.
I would be lying if I said that his level of English language speech doesn't make me smile.

Yeagerist

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
I don’t understand the recent emphasis on “STEM and/or trades for everyone”. If absolutely nobody studies those so-called “useless liberal arts and humanities subjects”, then the Western culture we claim to value will be lost.
Here (this screenshot was from around 5-6 months ago)IMG_20220427_000505.jpg

Also the liberal arts and humanities in US universities have been pretty much reduced into politically correct indoctrination. Besides, stuff like philosophy, history and literature can be learned outside the university classroom context at one's own pace anyway.