Aliens and space

I recently watched this series and started thinking about aliens somewhere in space. What does everyone think about this? The universe is so big so who knows what's out there. There might be a planet like ours but the girls have 4 tits. I wonder if we could game some alien sluts if they ever visit us :banana:

Mr.GM

Pelican
hahaha this would be funny...
I think that that is life somwhere in this huge universe, but I doubt that it would be anything similar to our race.

Kish

Pelican
Gold Member
I love the ancient aliens series.

Mr.GM said:
but I doubt that it would be anything similar to our race.
Not so fast. There's a theory that we have been genetically engineered. So it's possible that they look similar to us.

I was hiking in this national park called Rincon de la Vieja in Costa Rica with my boy Charles. We were tripping balls on some Thai-strain mushroom chocolates that I brought from NorCal, when we entered this savanah like grass-land that was filled with huge, massive red boulders the size of an over-size Ford F-350.

The landscape looked like it was from outerspace. We stopped and climbed a boulder, and started talking about some crazy, deep shit, as we were hitting the peak of our trips. I had the idea, the we humans, are going to become the aliens that we always portray in our science fiction films.

Our intelligence and technology will continue to grow, our heads will become enlarged due to the massive size of our brains. Eventually we will destroy our planet, (earth), and will be forced to rely on our technology for survival. We will be forced to explore the universe for other planets with necessary resources for our survival, hence traveling in huge space ships, using our advanced technology and weaponry, to take over and enslave foreign populations.

Might sound kind of cheesy and lame to you guys, but at the time I really tripped myself out with that one. Doesn't seem too implosible if you think about it.

hoops330

Woodpecker
speakeasy said:
The History Channel must be running thin on topics.
I'm not sure. I quit watching when they decided to give Larry the Cable Guy a prime time show, not to mention the idiots from the Bayou who can't speak english. What is worse is that Larry the Cable Guy's show hasn't been canceled yet because people are actually watching this moron.

wi30

Ostrich
Gold Member
hoops330 said:
speakeasy said:
The History Channel must be running thin on topics.
I'm not sure. I quit watching when they decided to give Larry the Cable Guy a prime time show, not to mention the idiots from the Bayou who can't speak english. What is worse is that Larry the Cable Guy's show hasn't been canceled yet because people are actually watching this moron.
Haha Swamp People makes for a pretty bad ass drinking game. My roommates and I would take a drink every time they said "alligator". Solid pregame for Thursdays at 8.

On the topic though, Ancient Aliens is a really interesting show. I've also been a fan The Universe and all the other space shows/documentaries on National Geographic and Discovery Channel. Beats the hell out of watching Jersey Shore and the rest of the MTV shows dumbing down America.

For anyone who's interested I recommend reading Our Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. It has some crazy insight on Quantum Physics and String Theory. I think Nova aired it on PBS for anyone too lazy to read the book.

MiXX

I put that documentary on my Instant Q of Netflix awhile back and moved it to the top....I may watch it tonight, I love this shit...

Mixx

CJ

Pelican
@ Rakish - are you suggesting that our bodies are just vessels waiting here for our alien hosts to return and claim them? Freaky...

speakeasy

Peacock
Gold Member
MiXX said:
I put that documentary on my Instant Q of Netflix awhile back and moved it to the top....I may watch it tonight, I love this shit...

Mixx
If you like this kind of stuff, you should listen to the syndicated coast to coast am overnight radio show with George Noory. They talk about these strange topics every night. It can be pretty entertaining to tune in if you're a night owl like me.

Tuthmosis

Peacock
Gold Member
soup said:
As much as I respect Stephen Hawking, he was once quoted as saying that women were the greatest mystery of the universe. :-/
Automatically loses all credibly with me. If he can't figure out those vapid, temperamental bitches, how can he understand the abstract secrets of the universe?

soup

Owl
Gold Member
Tuthmosis said:
soup said:
As much as I respect Stephen Hawking, he was once quoted as saying that women were the greatest mystery of the universe. :-/
Automatically loses all credibly with me. If he can't figure out those vapid, temperamental bitches, how can he understand the abstract secrets of the universe?
Well, does deserve a little credit, considering that he's paralysed and uses a machine to talk and was still able to get some pussy at all.

That said, expertise in blackholes doesn't equal proficiency in poosyholes.

SVK

Woodpecker
Interesting about that Hawking's quote, haven't heard about it,but googled it and a ton of articles popped up. None of them went into any depth about it besides the fact that he was married twice. I wouldn't look too much into it, just a "funny" remark that would make the crowds of beta nerds relate to him better.

And in a way he's right, although I wouldn't call women a mystery at all. More like there is no value in understanding women besides the fact that they are simply more emotional than (most) men and have a very "flexible" value ladder, aka the "rationalization hamster". And the hamster will go straight through any innate intelligence, the woman could be a quantum physicist, but still be a slave to the hamster on occasion. That's about all one needs to understand and just act accordingly. Always lead them, be firm and never bend your frame. Reward good behavior and punish bad behavior. Never rely on them for something substantial unless they prove themselves, and even then have a backup plan. Best analogy is; women are like children. Good 'parenting' goes a long way. Even the 'good girls' can and will turn sour under weak leadership.

Cincinnatus

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I first became interested in extraterrestrial species upon introduction to the Drake Equation in high school.

Also, check out Carl Sagan's novel Contact. Fascinating to me since I first read it at the age of 16 or 17. Somewhat of a slogfest towards the end, but I still recommend it.