Altcoin thread

gringoed

Kingfisher
As we enter this next cryptocurrency hype cycle, there will be cryptocurrencies that gain tremendous value besides BTC. Last hype cycle, some altcoins were discussed in this forum that turned out offer very large gains, such as LINK. This thread is to discuss the alt market and hopefully have useful information for other forum members. No matter what people recommend here, always remember to do your own research!

As we enter this next cryptocurrency hype cycle, there will be cryptocurrencies that gain tremendous value besides BTC. Last hype cycle, some altcoins were discussed in this forum that turned out offer very large gains, such as LINK. This thread is to discuss the alt market and hopefully have useful information for other forum members. No matter what people recommend here, always remember to do your own research!
I still own most of the alts I bought in 2017 with a few new ones sprinkled in. I don't think I will ever sell my Ether or LINK or Monero.

I want to sell my Litecoin and EOS but was hoping for them to rise a bit more.

I also hold BSV as a hedge in case lower transactions volume ever overwhelms the network effect of BTC.

The only Alt that really took my for a ride was Request Network. I never bought much of it but I still hold all that I bought. I would tell others to have an exit strategy if you're speculating in Alts. I probably lost a few hundred dollars speculating back in 17-18 and if I had just stuck with BTC i would have made a few thousand.

I love altcoins and I have invested in ETH, LINK, RSR, RLC, BAND and others. Bitcoin is still my biggest asset, but I see big potential in alts. I agree with the Bitcoin maximalists that BTC is the ultimate store of value, but crypto has just as much potential in other areas.

The combination of blockchain, smart contracts and oracles could easily disrupt huge industries. Sports betting should change drastically in the coming years, banking and insurance should change as well. Even derivatives. Then we have internet infrastructure, cloud computing, etc. There is huge potential out there if we get in on the right projects.

XMR is one worth looking at. Similar supply to Bitcoin (as well as history)......in addition privacy. I don't see how this one doesn't 10x minimum. in the next cycle. Seems too easy.