American Chicken is an Unhealthy Food

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I was a vegetarian for 10 years and don't eat much meat (if I do its organic/free range/wild) except when I work remotely.....and that is another reason I'm starting to think of quitting that work. You make money but half your life you are putting absolute garbage food in your body.

There were some camps where I would near starve myself (I would bring up my own food but you can only go so far).
Yeah for me it's not so much a moral thing. I'm not against the idea of eating meat, for I believe we are to take advantage of all the bounties God has bestowed upon us. For me, it's the how do we get to the meat, how do we treat the animals. And seeing animals being treated as low quality products is extremely disturbing and insulting to any morality. Well nowadays vegetarian options are everywhere right, regarding your work? Vegetarian food is extremely easy, but you can make it very varied too. I usually replace meat for eggs, I'm not too much into the fake meat thing. But I do never make meat at home out of habit and for reasons described, sometimes when I'm out I do, but usually I also go for the non meat option then.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
I agree and simply from personal experience I told my wife to stop buying it.

Months ago I quit alcohol, started working out most days and pretty much eat OMAD. Whatever meat and maybe veggies I BBQ at night.

My body after cutting out 95% of what I used to eat very clearly either processes the food well and recovers, and I feel good. Or I feel like I ate some cheap filler that did nothing nutritionally. Then sleep worse, lower energy the next day. Worse workout. Etc.

Chicken and pork does the latter. No good in America. It's a complete waste of a meal.

Steak, ground beef(organic & grass fed) and fish. Bison and elk on occasion. Very good. My body craves it daily. And I feel so much better.

Cellino1evutsevu

Chicken
Non-Christian
In addition to dietary cholesterol, chicken servings are about 59% fat or unhealthy fat. But most American food is not unhealthy. You have to take the time to go real restaurant or go to a Grocery shop to buy the food and cook it.

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
In addition to dietary cholesterol, chicken servings are about 59% fat or unhealthy fat. But most American food is not unhealthy. You have to take the time to go real restaurant or go to a Grocery shop to buy the food and cook it.

The only unhealthy fat is trans fat...and that's not in chicken.

SeaEagle

Robin
Catholic
I was a vegetarian for 10 years and don't eat much meat (if I do its organic/free range/wild) except when I work remotely.....and that is another reason I'm starting to think of quitting that work. You make money but half your life you are putting absolute garbage food in your body.

There were some camps where I would near starve myself (I would bring up my own food but you can only go so far).
What if you made pemmican with grass fed organic beef and tallow? Most calorie dense food around that doesn't taste half bad when seasoned right.

Too bad the food is likely included in your camp.

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
Yep. Even in places like Whole Foods etc. 50-60% of the food is full of seed oils, added sugar, gums and emulsifiers and 50-60% of the meat is not free range, wild caught or grass-fed.

Yeah, one of the things I found out recently is almond milk has a lot of those emulsifiers in it which can cause problems in the gut and lead to inflammation.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian
What if you made pemmican with grass fed organic beef and tallow? Most calorie dense food around that doesn't taste half bad when seasoned right.

Too bad the food is likely included in your camp.

You reminded me of a guy that used to bring up jerky and sell it, his wasn't so free range though because it gave the whole crew the $hits :laughter:
Occasionally its an LOA job so you can cook yourself which is much better....not going to lie the convenience of a camp is pretty good.