Content Ancient Faith Ministries

Prores

Sparrow
Orthodox
I feel like they are soft and it must be someone’s full time job to find a way to avoid talking about things that actually matter to pious Orthodox Christians.

I have a few of their kids books for my toddler, but I don’t take them seriously. I’ve had interactions with some of the priests, keep them in your prayers.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
There are two excellent priests who use their podcast network, Father Reardon and Father Whiteford. Father Josiah used to use them but parted ways with them this year.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
There's alternatives with smaller (or no) budgets but there's a few good authors and podcasters:
  • Fr. Pat Reardon
  • Fr. Stephen de Young
  • Fr. John Whiteford
  • Abbot Tryphon
  • Fr. Lawrence Farley - read several books by him, only one I don't recommend is his one on the Book of Daniel. He's one of two priests I know of (the other being Fr. Josiah) to call out "Giacomo Sanfilippo" the gay and defrocked ex priest who teaches ecumenism and other things.
I'm sure there's others

Ancient Faith has basically officially supported the vaccine so that really doesn't sit right with me. The fact that this is clearly the groundwork for a system to not be able to buy and sell with their covid "passports" should be more of a red flag to them and there's plenty of alternatives for the type of works they provide.

Alternatives to Ancient Faith:

Yallbeparticular

Sparrow
Orthodox
There's alternatives with smaller (or no) budgets but there's a few good authors and podcasters:
  • Fr. Pat Reardon
  • Fr. Stephen de Young
  • Fr. John Whiteford
  • Abbot Tryphon
  • Fr. Lawrence Farley - read several books by him, only one I don't recommend is his one on the Book of Daniel. He's one of two priests I know of (the other being Fr. Josiah) to call out "Giacomo Sanfilippo" the gay and defrocked ex priest who teaches ecumenism and other things.
I'm sure there's others

Ancient Faith has basically officially supported the vaccine so that really doesn't sit right with me. The fact that this is clearly the groundwork for a system to not be able to buy and sell with their covid "passports" should be more of a red flag to them and there's plenty of alternatives for the type of works they provide.

Alternatives to Ancient Faith:
These are great. I just want to add:
St Nicodemos Publications (Constantine Zalalas)— http://www.saintnicodemos.com/

Nicodemos Hagiorite Channel - YouTube (also Constantine Zalalas)

Constantine Zalalas is a Greek lay teacher. There are hours and hours of patristic teaching in a “Sunday school” like manner that is easy to understand! I can’t recommend it enough.

Also:
Gregory Decapolite Channel -YouTube

many hours of patristic texts to read

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox
It seems like AFR has always been a mixed bag, but it looks like it has gotten somewhat worse of late. Many of our zealous priests like Frs. Whiteford, Heers, and Josiah have done work on their platform, but it seems they’ve all mostly shifted to their own spaces.

Wavethewheat

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
As an Inquirer, I have found some good content on the Ancient Faith Radio site. The podcast Walking an Ancient Path is one I have found helpful for covering topics that evangelicals an protestants need to hear. It's been one that I am sending (slowly) to my wife, who is a bit alarmed right now that I am pulling away from our church and exploring Orthodoxy in depth. The host is a middle-aged woman who is a former evangelical who converted to Orthodoxy about 15 years ago when she was about the same age as my wife is now. Her experience speaks to me. I pray that my wife will be more open and embrace the Orthodox faith. I just don't see myself being able to return to evangelical protestantism after all that I have learned over the past few months, as well as the truly beautiful, reverent, and holy worship at my local Antiochian Orthodox Church.

Mulato_Man_Gabe

Sparrow
Orthodox
I wanted to reccomend Fr. Stephen D. Young's "The Whole Council of God"

It's bible study at Fr. Stephen's parish. The podcast doesn't get the attention of Fr. Stephen D. Young's other podcast "The Lord of Spirits" but it's very solid interpretation from the couple of episodes I've gone through.

Last edited:

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I wanted to reccomend Fr. Stepehn D. Young's "The Whole Council of God"

It's bible study at Fr. Stephen's parish. The podcast doesn't get the attention of Fr. Stephen D. Young's other podcast "The Lord of Spirits" but it's very solid interpretation from the couple of episodes I've gone through.
Wow, thank you for sharing this, what a great study tool!