Content Ancient Faith Ministries

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox

A board member of Ancient Faith worked for Pfizer for almost almost 20 years.

mark-yniquez-2.jpg

In AFR World, is this an undisclosed conflict of interest?

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I saw that too. Fr Damick was a very good parish priest, I just think his propensity for self-indulgent celebrity got the better of him. It’s a danger for every public priest and we need to pray for all of them.
It reminds me a bit, if this is the case, of NNT. Brilliant mind and great writer. Then social media came out and in many ways, he went off the reservation. Almost all of it unnecessarily too.

Gooseberry

Chicken
Orthodox
Like so many other things online, the problem is convenience. A one-stop shop for books, icons, podcasts, blogs - they've really set themselves up as the Amazon of Orthodoxy, for good and bad. I've enjoyed some of their content, even Lord of Spirits, but that's mainly because Fr. Damick plays a backseat role to Fr. De Young, who really drives the content of the podcast.

Charbel Makhlouf

Sparrow
Orthodox
Does anyone know if this Orthodox Bible Study Companion Series is any good?

https://store.ancientfaith.com/the-orthodox-bible-study-companion-series-set-of-13/

orthodox-bible-study-companion-series__20734.1555619227.jpg

About the Author: Archpriest Lawrence Farley is the pastor of St. Herman of Alaska Orthodox Church (OCA) in Langley, B.C., Canada. He received his B.A. from Trinity College, Toronto, and his M.Div. from Wycliffe College, Toronto. A former Anglican priest, he converted to Orthodoxy in 1985 and studied for two years at St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Seminary in Pennsylvania. In addition to the Orthodox Bible Companion Series, he has also published Let Us Attend, One Flesh, The Christian Old Testament, Following Egeria, and A Daily Calendar of Saints.

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
Does anyone know if this Orthodox Bible Study Companion Series is any good?

https://store.ancientfaith.com/the-orthodox-bible-study-companion-series-set-of-13/

View attachment 37810

About the Author: Archpriest Lawrence Farley is the pastor of St. Herman of Alaska Orthodox Church (OCA) in Langley, B.C., Canada. He received his B.A. from Trinity College, Toronto, and his M.Div. from Wycliffe College, Toronto. A former Anglican priest, he converted to Orthodoxy in 1985 and studied for two years at St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Seminary in Pennsylvania. In addition to the Orthodox Bible Companion Series, he has also published Let Us Attend, One Flesh, The Christian Old Testament, Following Egeria, and A Daily Calendar of Saints.

Fr. Lawrence Farley is good as far as I know, but I try not to order from Ancient Faith due to its behaviour.