Anime, Kpop and mental illness: Is there a correlation? (bropsychologists needed)

Mr. D

Pelican
Gold Member
Some people use anime (especially the stories and characters in more dramatic/romantic anime) as compensation for their limited grasp of real life situations.
Similar to the girls who used to watch ”Friends” and claim they’re ”just like Rachael”, or anybody who still thinks MSM doesn’t have an agenda and it’s purely news.

(Slight confession, I used to watch anime somewhat regularly, mainly shows like ”Cowboy Bebop” or ”Trigun”, but I lost interest after seeing a friend watch the climax in the last episode of ”Video Girl Ai”. A long ass monologue about sacrifice in the name of love, while the male lead damn near kills himself climbing a very fragile glass staircase to reach his goal: a magical girl from a fucking VHS-tape. Christ Almighty, what horseshit...)

K-pop, your guess is as good as mine. It’s the look, the sound, the (translated) lyrical content or the novelty factor.

I venture the mental issues flare up when reality doesn’t meet their expectations. The go-to phrase being ”but it worked in that episode of *insert name of show here*”.

Sad really.

StrikeBack

Ostrich
Gold Member
Might've been true years ago (the mental issues), but both Anime and Kpop are quite mainstream now. You'll find that those girls like it because both are still fun and innocent, and much much less sick and degenerative than Western media. Do you prefer your girl listening to Kpop or Miley Cyrus?

The only significant thing - regarding Game - is that if a white girl is into Anime and Kpop, she's basically flashing a massive "Asian guys welcome!" sign.

Zerdame

Woodpecker
StrikeBack said:
Might've been true years ago (the mental issues), but both Anime and Kpop are quite mainstream now. You'll find that those girls like it because both are still fun and innocent, and much much less sick and degenerative than Western media. Do you prefer your girl listening to Kpop or Miley Cyrus?

The only significant thing - regarding Game - is that if a white girl is into Anime and Kpop, she's basically flashing a massive "Asian guys welcome!" sign.

Game a pair of German girls, sisters, the other day. Both were half Russian. Older one had a nice face, the younger sister wasnt too bad her self facially but she had the most unbelievable body. She was incredibly sexy and was giving me tons of IOIs. A 19 year old German girl who loves Japan and upon finding out Im half Japanese, basically threw herself at me.

The older one was a Kpop fan. Would fly to Korea to watch their performances. She was prettier in the face but the younger one clearly won in the figure department. I know enough of Kpop to get her engaged in the conversation.

The two sisters were fighting over my attention, one telling me about Japan and the other Korea. It was a good day to be alive.