Another Day in Paris: Notre Dame is Burning

Oberrheiner

Banned
Leonard D Neubache said:
Bottom up of course, but if your accelerant is strong enough it doesn't even matter.

Heh.
Everybody here tried to get me to make mine top-down, supposedly less smoke, less particles, more efficient, more heat, better for the environment, blabla ..
All I got was tons of smoke which smothered the whole fire pretty quickly, so bottom-up it was.
I never used any accelerant though.

Man of Truth

Banned
The only posts ive seen of this tragedy on social media are complaints of 'wasting' money rebuilding the church with accompanying pictures of starving foreign children and that the Simpsons may have predicted it.

The slow boil continues...

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
Man of Truth said:
The only posts ive seen of this tragedy on social media are complaints of 'wasting' money rebuilding the church with accompanying pictures of starving foreign children and that the Simpsons may have predicted it.

The slow boil continues...

They do not factor in the fact that foreign aid decimated African Agriculture and have caused them to lose their ability to feed themselves.

Malone

Pelican
Gold Member
Syberpunk said:
Smiled at the bolded, my grandparents used to have a FIAT car which earned the well know acronym: Fix It Again Tomorrow.

Somehow you have taken in the sanitized, PC version.

It's Fix it Again, Tony.

balybary

Pelican
Catholic
One possible explanation is a shitty electrical system to ring a bell.

https://www.europe1.fr/societe/ince...s-electrifiees-a-lorigine-du-sinistre-3894921
Three bells were installed in 2007 above the transept keystone and three others, put back into service in 2012 when the large belfry bells were renovated, were located in the very spire of Viollet-le-Duc. This installation, made under clerical pressure, according to Le Canard enchaîné, despite warnings from architects of historic buildings who feared a fire, was supposed to be temporary but remained in place for seven years.

These bells have rung for the last time twelve minutes before the fire alarm. Are they the cause of a short circuit that would have caused the cathedral fire? The persons in charge of Notre-Dame ensure that it is indeed the General Directorate of Cultural Affairs (Drac), and therefore the State, which had authorized this installation.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Deusleveult

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
An interesting article from french dissident Thierry Meyssan.
He claims that the burning of Notre-Dame is part of a huge restoration and remodeling project of l'Ile de la Cité (the small island where Notre-Dame is) for the next Olympic Games of 2024. Apparently for him, they want to turn the island into Europe's leading tourist destination.

The Hidden Challenge of the Restoration of Notre-Dame
by Thierry Meyssan
The Élysée used the fire of Notre-Dame de Paris to carry out a project that was sleeping in the boxes. It has set new rules, outside tender procedures and respect for heritage not to restore the cathedral, but to transform the Île de la Cité into Europe’s leading tourist’destination on the eve of the Olympic Games of 2024. To avoid judicial constraints, he arbitrarily imposed the hypothesis of a construction incident.

https://www.voltairenet.org/article206340.html

Deusleveult

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
Latest news about Notre-Dame :

The first mass has been held in the Cathedral on the 15th of June, exactly 2 months after the burning.
You can check it here :

I was thinking it was a good sign but then I saw that they were wearing stupid construction helmets.
:facepalm:

I thought about what the Bible says about praying and worshipping:
1 Corinthians 11:
"4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man."

The guy helding the mass is Archbishop of Paris Michel Aupetit. How can a man his position forget or dismiss what the scriptures say and accept to wear this clownish helmet during the Holy Mass?

Then I dig deeper on this guy.
I found this video where after stating the fact that Notre Dame is burning, he says that he received a lot of messages from around the world, but only talks about the one, the first one he received, from the Grand Rabbi of France. Only then he thanks the firefighters :

Then I found that he is a member of the honorary committee AJCF, l'Amitié Judéo-Chrétienne de France, which means the judeo-christian friendship of France.
https://www.ajcf.fr/Lettre-de-Mgr-A...is-membre-du-comite-d-honneur-de-l-AJCFl.html

It pains me to see almost daily how Catholicism is being ridiculed but even more so when it is done by the very people who are supposed to protect it and fight for it.

Horus

Ostrich
Catholic
Gold Member
I'm pretty sure that God isn't too offended by the wearing of hard hats in a building which almost burnt down two months and which hasn't begun to be repaired. I'm sure he's flexible on this one given the circumstances.

Deusleveult

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
Horus said:
I'm pretty sure that God isn't too offended by the wearing of hard hats in a building which almost burnt down two months and which hasn't begun to be repaired. I'm sure he's flexible on this one given the circumstances.

I'm pretty sure their helmets are not going to be too useful if big pieces of stones or wood are going to fall. If it was that dangerous they would have never allowed the Mass.
Anyway the symbolism is the most important here, it's just another way to ridicule Catholicism and the Archbishop is complicit.
God might not be offended but he sure is facepalming.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
I've been hearing that while the exterior of Notre Dame will be restored, there is a push to turn the inside into something well...not Very Catholic. There will be an exhibition on Africa, One on the environment, and scriptural passages projected onto the walls. Very Sad.

Fuentes makes a point about how even people who want it to be preserved, don't want the Catholic culture that created it to be preserved.

Taylor Marshall did a podcast on it earlier, I skipped through it but it goes into more depth on what they want to do to the interior.