Anti-Boomer Sentiment: Identity Politics

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I see increasing amounts of criticism, mostly from right wingers, about baby boomers.

Yes, lots of people in that generation did shitty things. However, deciding that an entire group of people are a monolithic entity (based on years born in this case) is dangerous, and not entirely different from blaming the "Evil Straight White Male" for all bad things.

Not all boomers believe the same things, they didn't all accept the 60s as the greatest decade in history. (Yes, NABALT will be thrown at least 10 times, go ahead.)

I find the hatred of boomers as if they are all the same sickening, especially from the supposed opposition to cultural marxist hegemony.


edit: To clarify

I accept a statement such as "Arabs (particularly religious Muslims) are more likely to commit mob violence."
I do not accept "All Arabs engage in mob violence."

The anti-boomer stuff tends to be more along the lines of the latter.
 

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
victimhood
ˈviktəmˌho͝od/
noun
noun: victimhood
the state of being a victim.
"the society nurtures a sense of victimhood"

For some people everything thats wrong in their life is someone elses fault. Blaming a group is much much easier than personal effort.
 
Well I'll bite; I'm pretty sure my parents are boomers based on their birth years. It's always the same thing with them:

Economy is great, debt is great, job market is great, the wars are great, dating dynamic is great, and America of course has always been great.

It's like they've been living under a rock since the 70's... They don't realize they had a huge role in our decline because of their aloofness. They're unable to see the crumbling of our society because they hold an idealized version of it in the way that they frame their world/ daily life.

We're talking group characteristics here, no one is accusing them of all being the same.

They're also big on being anti-communist, but seems like they've failed to keep with with all the more pressing developments (surveillance state, social media, automation, drug war, globalization, etc).

edit: boomers also engage in massive identity politics so I'm going to call them out on it. AARP is one of the biggest lobbying groups in the US. And our social entitlement system is screwed up because of AARP.
 

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
PapayaTapper said:
victimhood
ˈviktəmˌho͝od/
noun
noun: victimhood
the state of being a victim.
"the society nurtures a sense of victimhood"

For some people everything thats wrong in their life is someone elses fault. Blaming a group is much much easier than personal effort.

Yeah my main problem is things along the lines of "we have no hope because of those damn Boomers."

Ok then why be a conservative? If your belief system is that have no chance because of things outside of your control, are you not a social justice warrior/leftist?
 

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Dragan said:
Well I'll bite; I'm pretty sure my parents are boomers based on their birth years. It's always the same thing with them:

Economy is great, debt is great, job market is great, the wars are great, dating dynamic is great, and America of course has always been great.

It's like they've been living under a rock since the 70's... They don't realize they had a huge role in our decline because of their aloofness. They're unable to see the crumbling of our society because they hold an idealized version of it in the way that they frame their world/ daily life.

We're talking group characteristics here, no one is accusing them of all being the same.

They're also big on being anti-communist, but seems like they've failed to keep with with all the more pressing developments (surveillance state, social media, automation, drug war, globalization, etc).

edit: boomers also engage in massive identity politics so I'm going to call them out on it. AARP is one of the biggest lobbying groups in the US. And our social entitlement system is screwed up because of AARP.

So what exactly does your parents points of view have to do with the outcomes in your life as of now and moving forward?
 
PapayaTapper said:
Dragan said:
Well I'll bite; I'm pretty sure my parents are boomers based on their birth years. It's always the same thing with them:

Economy is great, debt is great, job market is great, the wars are great, dating dynamic is great, and America of course has always been great.

It's like they've been living under a rock since the 70's... They don't realize they had a huge role in our decline because of their aloofness. They're unable to see the crumbling of our society because they hold an idealized version of it in the way that they frame their world/ daily life.

We're talking group characteristics here, no one is accusing them of all being the same.

They're also big on being anti-communist, but seems like they've failed to keep with with all the more pressing developments (surveillance state, social media, automation, drug war, globalization, etc).

edit: boomers also engage in massive identity politics so I'm going to call them out on it. AARP is one of the biggest lobbying groups in the US. And our social entitlement system is screwed up because of AARP.

So what exactly does your parents points of view have to do with the outcomes in your life as of now and moving forward?

1. Nothing.
2. Usually old people have good advise, with boomers they're unaware that their advise usually won't work, see my above post.
3. We have discussions pretty frequently about the direction I'm headed in in my life, and they're baffled because I'm red-pilled, and not buying the dominant cultural narrative that they're familiar with.

Keep in mind this is the generation that was blind to the root cause of the crack epidemic (CIA), opiate epidemic (decline of US and working class), etc.
 

RexImperator

Crow
Gold Member
Boomers elected Trump, didn't they?...What I mean is he depended on the votes of older voters.

Not all boomers are leftists, but the ones who are say things like,

"California is so much better now than when I was young. Back then it was so boring- mostly all white and Christian. Yuck."
 

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
Boomers do give a lot of shitty advice, especially regarding college.

They say go to college to find yourself and get an education, or you'll be a loser without it. Meanwhile in reality, you don't need a bunch of useless classes to be educated in today's world. We have easy access to an incredible amount of information. You also don't need adult day care, I mean college, to find yourself. This can be accomplished by working multiple jobs after high school, travelling, volunteering, researching things on your own, meeting people on your own, etc.

They give feel good advice and say to major in your passion. This may have worked in the past when any bachelor's degree was still impressive and the costs weren't out of control, but the economy is different and the amount of people going to college has skyrocketed, diminishing the value of a degree. And to add to this point, they don't stress the importance of keeping college costs/debt as low as possible, and how important it is to graduate with an employable degree, or at the very least have a plan for why you're going to college.

A lot of conservative boomers will rightfully bitch about the Marxists on campuses brainwashing their kids and creating insane SJWs. But then they'll still send their kids to these colleges, and pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in the process, further contributing to the problem and keeping cockcucker leftists in positions of power.

Boomers also act like blue collar workers are losers, when many of these guys are making six figures without any debt, make more than many college graduates and have better job satisfaction and all kinds of career opportunities. It's also possible to work white collar jobs without a degree, mainly in things like sales, tech, supply chain, etc. But no one ever mentions this.

You don't need college to be successful, and in many cases it will make becoming successful even harder. It should only be utilized for people that desire careers that actually require certain degrees.
 

PharaohRa

Kingfisher
godfather dust said:
I see increasing amounts of criticism, mostly from right wingers, about baby boomers.

Yes, lots of people in that generation did shitty things. However, deciding that an entire group of people are a monolithic entity (based on years born in this case) is dangerous, and not entirely different from blaming the "Evil Straight White Male" for all bad things.

Not all boomers believe the same things, they didn't all accept the 60s as the greatest decade in history. (Yes, NABALT will be thrown at least 10 times, go ahead.)

I find the hatred of boomers as if they are all the same sickening, especially from the supposed opposition to cultural marxist hegemony.


edit: To clarify

I accept a statement such as "Arabs (particularly religious Muslims) are more likely to commit mob violence."
I do not accept "All Arabs engage in mob violence."

The anti-boomer stuff tends to be more along the lines of the latter.

I believe that I mentioned in a prior thread that the Boomers brought this up upon themselves because they willingly chose to swallow (((their))) poison as if it was sugar EVEN when presented the evidence that what (((they))) offered them was poison. You live in sin and you die in it and that is why I have no sympathy for them!
 

iop890

Peacock
Gold Member
I don't think anyone thinks all boomers are parenthetical, thats childish thinking. I exaggerate for the sake of funny boomer-posting memes but obviously they're not all like that, Trump is a boomer after all.

There's nothing wrong with noticing that a lot of them are enthusiastic goy toys though. Just like there's nothing wrong with noticing that a lot of millennials are enthusiastic soy boys.
 

king bast

Kingfisher
This sort of pedantry reminds me of ben shapiro. Always so hung up on being factually correct that he goes nowhere.

We all know the existence of even one non-cucked boomer, a non-terrorist muslim or a respectable abo makes these "all x are y" statements factually incorrect, but we dont say them as if we're expecting it to be scrutinised by weaponized fact-checkers. We say them because theyre generally true and often funny.
 

Super_Fire

Kingfisher
I'm going to just throw this out there, but I get the impression that a lot of Millenial redpill guys come from homes with absent Boomer fathers. Now, there is genuine criticism of the Boomers to be made (as has been done already in this thread), but the former is something I've picked up on.

Despite the Boomers' many faults though, it seems as if Gen X might make even worse parents:

 

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I agree with the sentiment that there's nothing wrong with recognising what ails society just as long as you don't use it as an excuse for failing to get what you can out of life.

I've got a great wife and kids. I can still recognise that the marriage market is shit compared to "the olden days" and still sympathise with guys that are trying to make a go of it regardless. However, I don't truck with guys that say it's literally impossible to get a good wife and use that as an excuse for prolonging their Peter Pan Syndrome. If a dude wants to fuck around for as long as possible then he should just make peace with that and not conjure up excuses. If a dude wants a decent wife then he should gut up and accept that it's going to harder for him than his dad or his grandfather and put in the work to get what he really wants in life.

Boomers. Jews. Muslims. Communists. Progressives. Feminists. Gays. Whatever. There's no crime in calling out shit that's hurting your society, but if you use it as an excuse to never pursue the things you want then that's pure faggotry. Discussing these things rationally allows us to harden a few political lines and determine what we should or shouldn't support in our everyday life. Discussing the boomer bullshit is a reasonable way to suggest that telling the "fund our pensions" crowd to fuck off is a perfectly legitimate political recourse.

NEETbros using it as an excuse to never get a job because they might have to pay taxes that would fund boomer pensions?

That's faggotry.
 

iop890

Peacock
Gold Member
^I'd be lying if I said the thought of my considerable tax dollars being used to support filthy boomers didn't sometimes keep me up at night though.

At least if I get that transfer to Asia I won't have to deal with them anymore. Oh, wait...

27h0pz.jpg
 
Top