Anti-Boomer Sentiment: Identity Politics

Grodin

Woodpecker
It seems like everyone's talking about millenials and boomers... gen x is out here sneaking around doing whatever the hell we want. We did have a lot better economic situations than the millenials came of age in.

I am reminded when thinking about this topic about what Alan Watt has often said - each generation since quite a long time has been receiving a separate set of propaganda. This has been happening a long time already - certainly way over a century just with an increase in control and extent.

You can take a look at this one talk by Alan Watt that was visualized well by someone.

I remember how the British generals sent in countless men to die in front of heavy machine gun fire. They did this to eliminate the masculine more resistant male generation. They knew very well that it was militarily futile, since you cannot storm heavy machine gun defenses with simple guns and bayonets.

Back then those generations received their sets of propaganda, their rising push for feminism and simplistic views of things.

Some changes just take decades and multiple generations to mature.

We are not there at the intended system yet, but the new generation is getting closer to the target.

The idea that the boomers as an entire generation were responsible for the changes in the last decades is about as preposterous as accusing the Millennials for becoming crazy SJWs.

The only thing that you can accuse them is to not have resisted the propaganda despite having contrary info at their disposal. But even the boomers were hit with their own set of indoctrination just like the so-called "greatest generation" were hit with theirs. It was just far more sane by current standards.

Sure - the current set of indoctrination is much more severe, but the boomers were not so bad - they were just mostly clueless. Some of them were crazy hippies, but many were hard workers who had a rather simple outlook on life that worked well for them even if it was misguided. I still rate them and their level of indoctrination as superior to the Millennials and probably the coming generation Zers.

We don't know how crazy those fucks will turn out.

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
PapayaTapper said:
TigOlBitties said:
Boomers do give a lot of shitty advice, especially regarding college.

They say go to college to find yourself and get an education, or you'll be a loser without it. Meanwhile in reality, you don't need a bunch of useless classes to be educated in today's world. We have easy access to an incredible amount of information. You also don't need adult day care, I mean college, to find yourself. This can be accomplished by working multiple jobs after high school, travelling, volunteering, researching things on your own, meeting people on your own, etc.

They give feel good advice and say to major in your passion. This may have worked in the past when any bachelor's degree was still impressive and the costs weren't out of control, but the economy is different and the amount of people going to college has skyrocketed, diminishing the value of a degree. And to add to this point, they don't stress the importance of keeping college costs/debt as low as possible, and how important it is to graduate with an employable degree, or at the very least have a plan for why you're going to college.

A lot of conservative boomers will rightfully bitch about the Marxists on campuses brainwashing their kids and creating insane SJWs. But then they'll still send their kids to these colleges, and pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in the process, further contributing to the problem and keeping cockcucker leftists in positions of power.

Boomers also act like blue collar workers are losers, when many of these guys are making six figures without any debt, make more than many college graduates and have better job satisfaction and all kinds of career opportunities. It's also possible to work white collar jobs without a degree, mainly in things like sales, tech, supply chain, etc. But no one ever mentions this.

You don't need college to be successful, and in many cases it will make becoming successful even harder. It should only be utilized for people that desire careers that actually require certain degrees.

Ill ask you the same question...So what exactly does boomers' points of view have to do with the outcomes you desire in your life as of now and moving forward?

As of the past few years and moving forward, the boomers' points of view mean nothing to me. I decided to ignore their college and career advice, and I'm much happier. Their relationship advice is terrible as well. Most of us would end up worshipping women, divorced raped and miserable if we listened to them.

But the point of the post wasn't about me. It was about how shitty, out of date advice from boomers has consequences. College is a great example because of how many younger people are enslaved with debt, chasing unfulfilling careers in a less prosperous economy, majoring in useless nonsense and/or being indoctrinated by insane leftists on campuses. These are prime years of a person's life that could be spent on more productive and enriching experiences.

Boomer parents, teachers and guidance counselors basically indoctrinated their kids into thinking college is necessary to be successful. Ultimately younger people have to admit their poor decisions, but it's hard to place all the blame on them when that's all they've been taught for 18-22 years.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Millenials in the west have seen first hand what low level immigration has done to the economics of 'getting started'.

Jobs that 16yo boys would traditionally do are being staffed by middle aged immigrant men. That should piss millenials off, but it doesn't seem to like it does to GenX. Instead they took on debt and went to university to 'out educate' those in the running for entry level jobs. This is partly to do with boomers love of higher ed.

In support of the boomers, of which my parents are from. They grew up poor and many had no trappings of luxury - especially outside the cities. This is where the ribbing of country vs city started. When country kids went into the cities for school they really were wide eyed and looked out of place. The city kids made it worse by widening the divide, when they didn't have to. But kids are kids.

I blame boomers for some things but I also find blame to be a waste of time. Some boomers are barely able to hold new thoughts together from years of toxic food and drugs. Some are sharp as a whip (usually those who work with their hands). Any younger generation blaming an older one needs to look at what the hell it means to have sacrifice and diligence. There are plenty of mentors out there who end up spending their years 'mentoring' GenX because of the mistrust and disrespect many of millenials have for boomers, and vise versa.

churros said:
Zelcorpion said:

OK but the debt model is widespread in America, and an idiosyncratic part of US capitalism. Credit cards, homes, cars. No?

To focus on diversity bureaucrats is a little disingenuous. I hate it as much as you do. But bloat is omnipresent in universities, due to their expansion into property, sports, and so on.

Bloat comes from HR. HR is essentially a capitalistic managerial enterprise. They allow the owners (Goldman Sachs) to control and passify the serfs.

Property and sports create jobs and make universities money. HR is one of the many arms of central control characteristic of communist and communist lite (USA) governments. HR is all about control, threats and conformity to corporate culture, and has little to do with filtering out unqualified applicants.

Super_Fire

Kingfisher
Suits said:
Super_Fire said:
Well, apparently Millenials have the worst high school employment rate ever, so there's some truth to that. Aside from guys like us, Millenials have the worst work ethic in the history of mankind.

According to the (Obama) White House:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/millennials_report.pdf

Millennials, in particular, have been less likely to work while enrolled in high school. Since 2000, labor force participation rates among high school and college students have fallen more sharply than those who are not enrolled...The result is that more students are focused exclusively on their studies during school years.

Lazier high school students or fewer jobs available to high school students?

I haven't been back to the US in 5 years, but I'm not under the impression that supermarkets, Cinnabon, and country clubs are being staffed by illegal Hondurans. But I could be wrong.

IvanDrago

Pelican
Gold Member
Laner said:
Jobs that 16yo boys would traditionally do are being staffed by middle aged immigrant men.

We must live in very different parts of the country. I can't think of many employers around here who would hire an immigrant middle aged man over a native English speaking local boy for a starting position.

Most immigrants I see are working in meat packing or in manufacturing plants around here. I don't remember any 16 year olds getting those jobs 30 years ago either. The only people I see losing jobs in those cases are people aged 20+.

My first job was the dreaded minimum wage Walmart type of job. I don't see that position or any customer facing job flooded with middle aged immigrant men.

What type of traditional starting jobs that kids only got decades ago are you referring to?

IvanDrago said:
Laner said:
Jobs that 16yo boys would traditionally do are being staffed by middle aged immigrant men.

We must live in very different parts of the country. I can't think of many employers around here who would hire an immigrant middle aged man over a native English speaking local boy for a starting position.

Most immigrants I see are working in meat packing or in manufacturing plants around here. I don't remember any 16 year olds getting those jobs 30 years ago either. The only people I see losing jobs in those cases are people aged 20+.

My first job was the dreaded minimum wage Walmart type of job. I don't see that position or any customer facing job flooded with middle aged immigrant men.

What type of traditional starting jobs that kids only got decades ago are you referring to?

I'll take a go at this:

My area is super nice and posh. We have a few of those "health" restaurants (serving acai bowls or whatever the latest fad is). They're staffed by immigrants from south of the border. All of them. Except for one that I guess cares about American workers or something, and surprise, all the staff there are high school kids.

Meat packing and manufacturing. Not sure if they hired 16y kids even way back in the day. Agreed with you on that one.

But service jobs...lots of them being taken by immigrants.

Second point:

I worked a shitty service job in college, working at the dining hall making $6.75/HR or something. Many of my Millennial friends didn't work at all. They got allowances for their parents.

That might be the other issue: I'll admit a good chunk of my generation got spoilt with cash. So that coulld explain why fewer millennials worked in HS/college.

IvanDrago

Pelican
Gold Member
Genghis Khan said:
I worked a shitty service job in college, working at the dining hall making $6.75/HR or something. Many of my Millennial friends didn't work at all. They got allowances for their parents.

That might be the other issue: I'll admit a good chunk of my generation got spoilt with cash. So that coulld explain why fewer millennials worked in HS/college.

I had a similar experience. I worked minimum wage for almost 4 years in high school unloading trucks that were 120 degree F in the summer, pushing carts inside in blizzards and wiping up shit and period blood from the bathrooms while my friends partied or played sports. Of course most would bitch about me having a few bucks in my pocket. I got really pissed about shit like that and it has stuck with me to this day.

The job sucked but it was the #1 thing that helped me land a real job after that. I showed that I was a productive and trustworthy person.

I have been in hiring positions in the past and the #1 thing I looked at was prior job experience. If a person jumped from place to place and never held a job for more than a few months, I would toss the application to the back of the pile. If the person was in their 20's and never held a job, I would toss it straight in the trash.

I find it hard to comprehend how some people's minds work if they are in their 20's, have barely held any employment and do nothing but point fingers and make excuses why they can't find a job.

There are plenty of starter jobs out there for everyone. If anyone who is unemployed with minimal work experience but thinks they are above working those types of jobs, please let us know the vast experiences and skills you can offer the world. Maybe someone can hook you up with something worthy of your presence.

AWright

Robin
Boomers were in a unique place in history, advances in technology had made life in the west comfortable and they had no great struggle. They didn't have to fight a Great War, survive a Great Depression, and their basics were basically taken care of. This comfortable lifestyle allowed them to become complacent because they were so comfortable and with that took for granted what things such as mass immigration and cultural degradation do to a society because it wasn't affecting their comfort. Now those things are making the west uncomfortable and the younger generations are the ones who will the effects of boomers complacency.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
IvanDrago said:
Laner said:

Starter jobs here are fast food service jobs, retail and for the boys lumber yards, landscaping, etc. I live in a big city, so most of the shitty service jobs are middle age Indian/Filipino women. Same for the lumber and landscaping jobs.

Except for the in the rich suburbs. West Vancouver - the most expensive real estate in Canada - is staffed almost exclusively by high school and college kids. Its like a bizzaro world. Almost like wealthy parents understand the importance of hard work at young ages.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Laner said:
IvanDrago said:
Laner said:

Starter jobs here are fast food service jobs, retail and for the boys lumber yards, landscaping, etc. I live in a big city, so most of the shitty service jobs are middle age Indian/Filipino women. Same for the lumber and landscaping jobs.

Except for the in the rich suburbs. West Vancouver - the most expensive real estate in Canada - is staffed almost exclusively by high school and college kids. Its like a bizzaro world. Almost like wealthy parents understand the importance of hard work at young ages.

Imagine that

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
I searched the forum titles for 'boomer' and this seems to be the main thread, so don't need to start one. Anyway, the posts here are a goldmine, is one of the first times I've read such similar accounts from other people of things that boomers did that really, really stuffed up the course of my life. I am in my early forties and it is all not that bad, and my eyes were recently opened to the fact that it was boomer mentality from a dominant figure in my earlier life that bent stuff badly out of shape. A man born in the early 1950s. I thought the main reason people hated the boomers was that they owned most of the real estate and didn't pass it down until the bitter end, which is why boomer hate always seemed uninteresting to me, but I have become aware that there are a number of more subtle things they have done to their children and the young which is why the topic deserves at least some air time. Some air time, not too much though. As many other posters here say, the hate is not necessarily so constructive. Will allow myself some brief commenting and maybe small complaining about it, but you can't change the past. It helps a lot though to see that I was not alone in my experiences.

Well I'll bite; I'm pretty sure my parents are boomers based on their birth years. It's always the same thing with them:

Economy is great, debt is great, job market is great, the wars are great, dating dynamic is great, and America of course has always been great.

It's like they've been living under a rock since the 70's... They don't realize they had a huge role in our decline because of their aloofness. They're unable to see the crumbling of our society because they hold an idealized version of it in the way that they frame their world/ daily life.

It is uncanny, especially that comment "Economy is great, debt is great, job market is great, the wars are great, dating dynamic is great..." Man it is so damaging to hear that always from the boomer in your life when you are young, it is like they are somehow blind and a broken record. "aloofness" - I still can't understand how the boomers think but am just looking back now on my historical interaction with one, only realising much much later that he was not someone I should have been listening to or looking up to, but more running the other way and doing the opposite.

Boomers do give a lot of shitty advice, especially regarding college.

They say go to college to find yourself and get an education, or you'll be a loser without it. Meanwhile in reality, you don't need a bunch of useless classes to be educated in today's world. We have easy access to an incredible amount of information. You also don't need adult day care, I mean college, to find yourself. This can be accomplished by working multiple jobs after high school, travelling, volunteering, researching things on your own, meeting people on your own, etc.

Unfortunately I fell into the trap, listening to boomers, two university degrees later, years of life that could have been better spent. Yes I have taken certain skills from it but I look back and wish it was instead "travelling, volunteering, researching things on your own, meeting people on your own, etc."

There's nothing wrong with noticing that a lot of them are enthusiastic goy toys though.
Yes well the person in question was nominally catholic, but very close friends in his past with a jew and in retrospect, looking at the style of speaking and thinking, attitudes, love and almost worship of making money, the phrase "crypto jew" has come to mind many times since and now I read this similar term "goy toy"

The main beef with the boomers comes from the fact that they defined themselves as, or allowed their generation to be defined (speaking about boomer "conservatives" here) as one that "sought to make great changes" because they thought they knew better than our forefathers, and...oh I don't know...thousands of years of human history...and that we are now dealing with much of the fallout from such poor, arrogant decision making.

Most of the cultural changes that occurred because of the boomers, occurred during the 60's when they were still young, feckless, and bratty. Their parents really should be more to blame. Why are most millennials faggy soyboys or feminists? Because their parents were boomers. Ok so who raised the boomers?

I think the greatest generation probably could have cracked the whip harder on them than they did.

Arrogant is the key word in that post. Suddenly they know better than thousands of years of human history and will ruthlessly push their concepts on anyone in earshot.

My parents are boomers and have a very solid grip on reality but the general point many make is that boomers have lost the plot and give terrible advice to younger generations.

Many have minimal understanding of the modern job market, minimal awareness of the importance that relative inflation in wages & real estate has on housing affordability and don’t understand technology, cryptocurrency or developments in automation.

They do give terrible advice to younger generations. The arrogance and state of being very out of touch with the modern age. It is interesting actually, I am really good friends and have a lot of respect for a couple of relatives in their 80s, completely level headed, not into political correctness. I suppose that age puts them in the "silent generation" / "greatest generation". But seriously, people born then, the late 1920s and early 1930s say, are okay, it only really messed up with those born after the war. I do however know a hard right winger of exactly the same boomer age and he has somehow been spared all the stinking, soft, arrogant liberal leftist tendencies so it is not necessarily everyone of that age.

I remember how the British generals sent in countless men to die in front of heavy machine gun fire. They did this to eliminate the masculine more resistant male generation. They knew very well that it was militarily futile, since you cannot storm heavy machine gun defenses with simple guns and bayonets.
This is a reminder that whatever we all might have to complain about, at least most of it is not as bad as having metal ripping through your organs.

As of the past few years and moving forward, the boomers' points of view mean nothing to me. I decided to ignore their college and career advice, and I'm much happier. Their relationship advice is terrible as well. Most of us would end up worshipping women, divorced raped and miserable if we listened to them.

But the point of the post wasn't about me. It was about how shitty, out of date advice from boomers has consequences. College is a great example because of how many younger people are enslaved with debt, chasing unfulfilling careers in a less prosperous economy, majoring in useless nonsense and/or being indoctrinated by insane leftists on campuses. These are prime years of a person's life that could be spent on more productive and enriching experiences.

Boomer parents, teachers and guidance counselors basically indoctrinated their kids into thinking college is necessary to be successful. Ultimately younger people have to admit their poor decisions, but it's hard to place all the blame on them when that's all they've been taught for 18-22 years.
@Douglas Quaid you are so incredibly lucky, some of us fell into the trap and did exactly what the boomers recommended. I only really started to wake up more than a decade later and realise that it was all wrong, wrong, wrong. Worshipping women, yes, that was definitely preached - I thankfully was not permanently converted on that one, more on the college advice. Could never really get completely convinced to subordinate myself to the woman in my life. But it is definitely damaging, can degrade an alpha guy into a beta or worse.

"These are prime years of a person's life that could be spent on more productive and enriching experiences." - I would love to write a number of expletives here about the boomers but am cautious not to break forum rules.. Yes and meet leftists on campus as you write - they were not present in my high school but suddenly at the uni, all these socialist this and socialist that, the revolution.. and that was in the late 90s.
I blame boomers for some things but I also find blame to be a waste of time.
Yes, I'm also cautious. Am having a small, hopefully one off complain and blame here in this thread, but it leads to excuse making and also, one can correct the past if it's not too late, make up for wrong decisions, do the travel and adventure now that you should have done then.

It is as if there is one big cultural ripple which started in society with World War 2. Yes, some ripples has already started with industrialisation in the 1800s but the topic of this thread - boomers, gen X, gen Y / millenials, gen Z. Now all this PC and gender rubbish, cancel culture, clown world.. Racism would have been alive and well and accepted in the 1930s, now it is one of the most loaded words around. It is hard not to be a product of the times, somehow caught up in the cultural sickness of the age you live in.

Rant over - if anyone has similar experience and has worked out how to reconcile yourself with the damaging impact of boomers on their life, would be nice to read it. Can't let it slow you down..

king bast

Kingfisher
While I do agree that boomers generally have some characteristics that have been and continue to be, incredibly damaging, Ive become wary of indulging in the finger pointing too much. Boomer-hate entered the mainstream, and makes me think the "ok boomer" meme is an early phase of conditioning us to accept their unpersoning and eventual annihilation. It starts with ok boomer, and ends with logans run. Its not hard to see how the removal of the wealthiest, but also the costliest to maintain, demographic would be beneficial to our money changing overlords, and I hope its become clear now that there are no depths to which to which they wont sink in order to maintain and consolidate their power.

Radoste

Sparrow
Boomer-hate entered the mainstream, and makes me think the "ok boomer" meme is an early phase of conditioning us to accept their unpersoning and eventual annihilation.
I would not doubt this. The government's gotta get out of paying for social security & medicare somehow.
Notice also that it's only whites being spurred to intergenerational warfare, in addition to every other kind of fractious tendency being perpetuated contemporarily. You do not see this in any other racial/ethnic group in the US. Everybody else is pooling their resources and practicing ethnic and familial nepotism, but we have white families racing to all corners of the country to get away from each other.

Granted, I am not free from distaste for boomers and their ways.
The most clear and concise statement of my sentiments was found in this counter-currents article, which I will insert here:
the Boomers have lived through an unnatural and frankly undeserved era of prosperity and security which has naturally led to a senile complacency that makes the twilight of fourth-century Rome look energetic in comparison. It doesn’t help that an excess of TV exacerbated their loss of critical thinking skills. Thus, when objective reality changes, even when it is in front of their eyes, it is difficult for them to comprehend that the world would ever be anything other than what it always was. They are lost in a halcyon dream of a high-trust, Leave it to Beaver society where we can all get along and good always triumphs, even as Shaniqua is twerking her booty atop the ashes of our cities.
That said, I will not welcome a mass boomercide, but I am going to continue thinking of them as wrinkly children when it comes to any topic outside the realm of home management. Seriously, there's no waking them up. Not with facts or reason, anyway. I'm inclined to think they still won't get it even after being dumped in a gulag as long as there's a TV on the wall telling them they're on a mandatory permanent vacation at a state-sponsored retirement community.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
I would not doubt this. The government's gotta get out of paying for social security & medicare somehow.
Notice also that it's only whites being spurred to intergenerational warfare, in addition to every other kind of fractious tendency being perpetuated contemporarily. You do not see this in any other racial/ethnic group in the US. Everybody else is pooling their resources and practicing ethnic and familial nepotism, but we have white families racing to all corners of the country to get away from each other.

Granted, I am not free from distaste for boomers and their ways.
The most clear and concise statement of my sentiments was found in this counter-currents article, which I will insert here:

That said, I will not welcome a mass boomercide, but I am going to continue thinking of them as wrinkly children when it comes to any topic outside the realm of home management. Seriously, there's no waking them up. Not with facts or reason, anyway. I'm inclined to think they still won't get it even after being dumped in a gulag as long as there's a TV on the wall telling them they're on a mandatory permanent vacation at a state-sponsored retirement community.
That quote from counter currents was spot on. Great find.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
As bad as the Boomers are, once they die off we are looking at a US that is only 20-30% American so I wish them long lives.
If we had good leaders, it would be a net win for everyone, including the younger generations and the politicians. Wasteful spending on them and the next generations get the freed up cash/inheritance/property? Golden.

Even during the beginning of the GFC in 2007-8, there was great mention of how there would be an ever increasing "fiscal gap" when boomers started to retire en masse. That they would bankrupt whole nations when they started to draw a pension. You couldn't increase the retirement age forever.

As it currently stands, most Western nations spend between 35-40% on Welfare spending - two-thirds of that is Aged Pensions. A doubling of the number of pensioners would bankrupt most countries, as well as create a stagnating economy - Japan being an example.

Old Aged Homes cost significant amounts of money to run, more than prisons.

There would be no doubt that there is some plan for a "culling" of the Boomer, and Oldest Generations. A lot of the COVID measures were detrimental to the elderly, as well as immensely cruel.