Any Cincinnatians here?

Atlas Shrugged

Robin
Woman
Protestant
First let me thank the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I have another assignment while not being jabbed. I will be in Cincinnati Ohio next week for a few months. I always look up demographics and crime stats online but it would be even better if some locals could help me out. What areas of Cincinnati are to be avoided. I’m looking at extended stay hotels cause I have had weird experiences with air bnb. If anyone has any ideas of what sights I should see that would be wonderful as well. I don’t go out much except for checking out Indian restaurants whenever I’m somewhere new, but if there is somewhere in Cincinnati I should check out I might as well. Thanks for any input!

Sister Evangelina

Banned
Woman
Catholic
Are you going to be IN the actual city of Cincinnati, or just in the greater Cincinnati area? The Over-the-Rhine ("OTR") area is a high crime area, so avoid going there at night, but do check out Findlay Market while you are there. Avoid Price Hill and the West End. If I were you, I would consider getting a room at an Extended Stay in Covington or Newport, KY. Though these neighborhoods are actually across the river in Kentucky, a lot of Cincinnatians would not bat an eye if you still referred to these spots as being "in Cincinnati", sometimes going as far as calling the area "Cincitucky". Many Cincinnati residents spend weekends at Newport on the Levee, a large outdoor mall shopping center which houses a nice AMC movie theatre, and is home to the Newport Aquarium. Nearby is the Hofbrauhaus which you MUST visit while you are in town. These areas are pretty walkable and there is even a pedestrian-only bridge (the "Purple People Bridge") linking Newport, KY to downtown Cincinnati, right in front of the Great American Ballpark. Forget about Indian restaurants...while you're in Cincinnati, you should check out some of the local CHILI parlors...Skyline and Goldstar Chili are the two big chili chains and they are ubiquitous, but don't skip out on some of the smaller places like Camp Washington Chili, Empress Chili, and Dixie Chili in Newport, KY.

Atlas Shrugged

Robin
Woman
Protestant
Yes I will be in Cincinnati and I’m looking at woodspring suites. I prefer those to extended stay America. In my experience woodspring suites have wood/fake floors which are easy to clean when traveling with a mop and bucket. I can’t do rooms with carpet. Seems super nasty to me. And I do not travel with a carpet cleaner and vacuum. I’ll get the addresses. Also thank you. I’ll check out all but chili spots. Sorry can’t do chili. Never have never will!!!!!

Atlas Shrugged

Robin
Woman
Protestant
There is a woodspring suites on Hauck rd in Sharonville KY, only 15 miles from work site. Fairfield business center drive in Fairfield 14 miles away. Cavalier blvd in Florence KY 20 miles away. Any of those 3 areas ok? I don’t mind a drive and that’s not bad. When I worked in Atlanta I stayed about 45 miles away from work site in Alpharetta cause where I worked was ghetto. Gas station one block down robbed at gunpoint on the regular. So I’ll take a longer drive for a great area. I’ll check out extended stay America addresses but again in my experience they only have carpet. Bleh.

Atlas Shrugged

Robin
Woman
Protestant
It’s kind of bittersweet. I leave Tennessee on Sunday and I’ve been at this assignment for one year. Went home 3 times during this assignment. I can’t stay any longer. I’d love to help my team out but as a traveler you can’t mess up your taxes staying somewhere longer than one year. I’ve become close to a few people and feel comfortable in Chattanooga. Friday will be a sad day for me.

Atlas Shrugged

Robin
Woman
Protestant
Are you going to be IN the actual city of Cincinnati, or just in the greater Cincinnati area? The Over-the-Rhine ("OTR") area is a high crime area, so avoid going there at night, but do check out Findlay Market while you are there. Avoid Price Hill and the West End. If I were you, I would consider getting a room at an Extended Stay in Covington or Newport, KY. Though these neighborhoods are actually across the river in Kentucky, a lot of Cincinnatians would not bat an eye if you still referred to these spots as being "in Cincinnati", sometimes going as far as calling the area "Cincitucky". Many Cincinnati residents spend weekends at Newport on the Levee, a large outdoor mall shopping center which houses a nice AMC movie theatre, and is home to the Newport Aquarium. Nearby is the Hofbrauhaus which you MUST visit while you are in town. These areas are pretty walkable and there is even a pedestrian-only bridge (the "Purple People Bridge") linking Newport, KY to downtown Cincinnati, right in front of the Great American Ballpark. Forget about Indian restaurants...while you're in Cincinnati, you should check out some of the local CHILI parlors...Skyline and Goldstar Chili are the two big chili chains and they are ubiquitous, but don't skip out on some of the smaller places like Camp Washington Chili, Empress Chili, and Dixie Chili in Newport, KY.
Where is over the Rhine located?