Any job ideas for a 30-something with no degree or trade skills

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
Some background. I studied business for one year and then dropped out because I honestly did not enjoy it and was loaded with cash from an apartment I sold that my father had given me and my sister.

That money was spent over the course of about 10 years while I did not really work at all, just traveled or stayed at home.

Next I made a tech YouTube channel, which grew to over 80K subs over about 4 years and last year I was making like 10K per month at one point through affiliate links and Google Adsense. I made like 1 video per week and it was very easy money. I had however used immoral means to grow the channel and take out my competition.

But then I found Jesus Christ and deleted the channel because I thought that a) that's what he wanted and b) I didn't deserve it due to my unscrupulous business practices. Thinking back I should have probably sold it and given the money to charity or something like that, but oh well.

I immediately after deleting the channel found a job at the local post office, delivering mail.

Then some things happened which I would rather not discuss in this thread, and now I am on sick leave until September.

Right now I am 33 years old with no degree, no "real" job experience except working at the post office for a few weeks. The only thing I have is some cash left over from that YouTube channel and an idea for a stock video footage site that I think would be very profitable. I honestly think it may have been given to me by God because I am not that smart.

Any advice lads? What should I do when I get no more government bux?

I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and now will be pursuing a Master of Science in Business Analytics (hence my username) beginning in August 2020. I'm probably not the best person to give advice to someone without a degree; but there are several "cheap" online options to upgrade your skills. Whether that is a certificate, stupid Coursera courses, etc.

I'm pursuing data and analytics, as I believe there is demand for the forseeable future in this area.

I am 35 years old and turning 36 in September and generally considered "old" for a graduate student. My program will consist of people mainly under 25 or max 30 years old.

Digital Marketing may be a recession-proof and work-from-home job that requires no degree, work experience and minimal skillset. Its relatively easy to learn search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), paid media/non-paid media channels, etc. There are several digital marketing learning opportunities online.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Easy_C

Crow
That would be my recommendation as well to think along those lines. Generally this kind of thing would work best by networking. You'd have to reach people you have a commonality with, identify yourself as someone who successfully grew a huge online digital presence, and ask them for advice on how to get into it.

One tip: use LinkedIN to find people with "retired" and an executive title. These people are extremely knowledgeable and connected in their industries, can easily be reached with no gatekeepers, and more often than not they're a bit bored as they slow down from a life of crazy 80 hour workweeks so more than happy to help you out.

I would also recommend a basic IT job (help desk support, troubleshooting stuff). I worked as IT support for an airline and a majority of my co-workers in the IT department had no degree. They took some bullshit computer courses at a community college and landed a job there. It was the most unprofessional environment (low IQ degenerates, racist/sexist comments, overall people who are losers in life, etc) I have ever worked in; but its better than nothing.

IT support will always be in demand because most people (at least Americans) do not want to do it.

There is a difference between IT support and a call center job; do NOT work in a call center unless you are on the verge of poverty, homelessness and starving.

Last edited:

SpyofMoses

Pigeon
If you could find a way to make money through your Youtube videos, that's marketing and production experience that I could barely imagine how to get to start, let alone pull in "like 10k per month." I think that experience alone might be worth more than you're giving yourself credit for here. And it sounds like you already have another idea with which to generate income online.

Not sure what trades are like where you're at, but I live in an area where they thrive. There are a lot of apprenticeships around that will take a young guy with little to no experience and train them on the job. I hope this helps you. Either way, whatever you do, be sure to give yourself enough credit along the way. If you made it to this age with few/ no injuries, no big debt, no criminal record, and no bastard children then you're already ahead of perhaps half of men your age. I wish you the best!

Well, it sounds like you have tech experience and some marketing know-how. Perhaps starting your own business as a a website developer for small businesses in your area. Most of us are completely ignorant of what hosting, templates, domain registration, SEO, online payment processers, etc. we can use and need guidance.

Just know that building any business takes a long time and a lot of effort to develop, but is well worth it. Don't half-ass it and just do it as a side gig, really know the details about building a website.

And you need to get people to vouch for your services. Google Reviews are the gold standard; if you get a few people to give you 5-star reviews for your work (and always ask for a Google Review at the end of a project), the money will slowly snowball
. Just offer the best service and treat your customers as family whom you'll constantly look in on to see if everything is ok. And always pay your vendors, and get to know them personally, and use small guys there as well, so they refer you work and you refer them work, and they will give you breaks on payment when times are tough.

And work local. Its easy in the tech industry to do things remotely, but doing the website for your local chamber of commerce and local carpenter and plumber and lawyer will get you connections that will come in handy and get you more referrals.. It's really who you know.

For more advanced (and maybe lucrative) work, you should also be able to develop websites that are SJW proof. Meaning you know the templates, domain registrar, and hosting companies that are immune to SJW cancellation---your customers purchase them outright, or they're based in far-off countries immune to SJW pressure (Switzerland, South America, etc). This will both protect you and also allow you to become the go-to guy for thought criminals looking to subvert the Deep State's machinations---and net you a premium, since it likely will cost more (that's not price gouging, that's just the extra effort you'll need to put in to make them anti-fragile).

You should also get SJW-proof payment processors lined up as well---or maybe you could become that instead. I don't know, I'm just spitballing here.

As a side note, I'm in need of someone to build me such a site for my blogging, so its what I've been searching for, its why it popped into my mind.

Last edited:

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
If you could find a way to make money through your Youtube videos, that's marketing and production experience that I could barely imagine how to get to start, let alone pull in "like 10k per month." I think that experience alone might be worth more than you're giving yourself credit for here. And it sounds like you already have another idea with which to generate income online.
It was really just pure luck. I got my first few thousand subscribers by making tutorials for cryptocurrencies, how to mine them, buy them etc. just as this new tech was taking off but I lost interest in that. I almost bought Bitcoin for 1000€ when it was like 10€, could've gotten really rich. I did not become cryptorich though.

Then I noticed one of my VPN top list videos was getting lots of views, and as this industry was taking off I started to make more videos for them and tutorials of how to use VPN services to get around blocked sites, watch US Netflix from abroad and stuff like that. That's where I got most of my money from VPN affiliate links. I actually still make around $500/mo from cookies from those affiliate links even though my videos have been gone for over 8 months. But I was basically just helping criminals circumvent restrictions, how to use the dark web and so on, which I could not continue doing as a Christian. Like Roosh with his bang books I faced that dilemma and chose what I thought would please God.

Not sure what trades are like where you're at, but I live in an area where they thrive. There are a lot of apprenticeships around that will take a young guy with little to no experience and train them on the job. I hope this helps you. Either way, whatever you do, be sure to give yourself enough credit along the way. If you made it to this age with few/ no injuries, no big debt, no criminal record, and no bastard children then you're already ahead of perhaps half of men your age. I wish you the best!
Yeah I have been considering trades since the Bible tells us to work with our hands. But I do like the online type of jobs as well. I would like to start a family and that would allow me to work at home, spend more time with my theoretical children.

Reactions: ffs

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
As a side note, I'm in need of someone to build me such a site for my blogging, so its what I've been searching for, its why it popped into my mind.
Thanks for your tips! Personally I use Dreamhost for hosting, as they used to and maybe still host the website for the American Nazi Party. They did kick out the Daily Stormer but supposedly this was because they violated ToS, not due to their content or the media backlash they had back in 2017.

For domains I use Njal.la. It's a site made by the original creators of The Pirate Bay torrent site. It's not a domain registrar but instead they register domains for you so you do not have to enter your personal details in the domain WHOIS registry which ICANN requires. This is great for privacy, however I am not sure about how SJW-proof they are yet. They have not been put to the test. They seem to use Tucows for registering domain names. Dreamhost should be good though if you do not mind entering your real personal details and using a WHOIS privacy service.

Thanks for your tips! Personally I use Dreamhost for hosting, as they used to and maybe still host the website for the American Nazi Party. They did kick out the Daily Stormer but supposedly this was because they violated ToS, not due to their content or the media backlash they had back in 2017.

For domains I use Njal.la. It's a site made by the original creators of The Pirate Bay torrent site. It's not a domain registrar but instead they register domains for you so you do not have to enter your personal details in the domain WHOIS registry which ICANN requires. This is great for privacy, however I am not sure about how SJW-proof they are yet. They have not been put to the test. They seem to use Tucows for registering domain names. Dreamhost should be good though if you do not mind entering your real personal details and using a WHOIS privacy service.
You're welcome, and thank you for that info. Good for you for knowing it. If this is a realm you're interested in, then being the expert in how to completely SJW/Deep State proof a website would garner you some very good money on top of any regular website work you do. Especially if you can make it anonymous.

What Roosh has done here has been incredible, but I can't imagine how much work it took him. Most of us who want to make an anti-SJW website want only to do the content, not the technical stuff behind.

Bigblabla

I think that working at the post office is a pretty sweet deal. Here in rural America thats considered a good job do not let go of that if you are able to come back to it after sick leave.

monsquid

Kingfisher
Are you an actual government post office employee? If so that's a very hard job to get. Yes, the pay starts off low but the benefits and time off are good. I would stick with it unless something really big opens. At this point in your life it's more important to focus on stability and working towards retirement.

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
Are you an actual government post office employee? If so that's a very hard job to get. Yes, the pay starts off low but the benefits and time off are good. I would stick with it unless something really big opens. At this point in your life it's more important to focus on stability and working towards retirement.
I am not American but it was a decent and easy job. I could try to get the job back but they hired us on 1 week contracts so I am not sure I can get it back. I did have some training so I wouldn't need to be trained for as much as new deliverers. The hours were kind of long though, I would start 9am and finish 8pm some days, so 10-11 hour shifts 4 days a week. That said I have a bit of savings and live in a house owned by my father so I do not need to pay rent I just mow the lawns and help him with tech stuff and what not in return. I just need enough money for groceries and to pay for my internet and electric.

ginsu

Robin
O.P. how could you be so irresponsible as to sell an apartment and spend all of the cash? It never occurred to you to invest the money?
Pretty much how most were raised in the west in the middle class. Parents did fine without thinking about it and never had to really worry about money. It just happened naturally and they passed this attitude on to the kids, money just appears out of no where if you you go along with the mainstream plan. Just have fun and make ''experiences'' that's the most important in life... meanwhile getting into student debt and wasting money and time on useless things. If you're lucky you'll figure out before 30 what bull..... has been fed to us about money and work. The goal always was to turn us into a wage slave paying for the mortgage and monthly expenses, our parents don't know better and they didn't teach us to know better. In their mind the party never ends, even today when things are clearly at a breaking point the previous generations still won't acknowledge the mistakes and reality.

My suggestion is to go into helping businesses online. could be marketing. design, web design, copy writing, taking care of all the technical stuff. With covid smart people are looking to do more online, this will still be a good place to add value (get paid) in the next few years hopefully. Low barrier to entry and a really high potential ceiling. Remote capabilities, possible to work for companies & freelance & create your own online products. After this i would invest in learning a hands on skill or two as a backup for an end of the world type scenario that can be done in a rural area and used to trade with other people for their services or food.

Last edited:
I feel like im in a similar place, but at 24. For me I really need to find a change, a live at work opportunity in the oil industry or something. In your situation, I think you should pursue your skills on youtube... Not just anyone can do that.

!!!???!!!

Sparrow
I am in a very similar situation TBQH, I am really struggling. I have tried sales but I'm very introverted by nature. I currently work in a factory but I'm only able to save up 100 bucks a month, maybe 150 if I really try after rent, gas, groceries, insurance, etc. I am trapped in this poverty level existence.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
Don't beat yourself up too much and look at the bright side: You're still young, you're alive, and you have learned from your mistakes and sins. You have gained wisdom that will help you in the remainder of your life.

This is generalized advice since I don't know you, but do you know what you do well and have an aptitude to do? If so, start looking around for new skills or trades to learn where you can use your strengths. Nothing wrong with working a grunt job while you learning something else on the side, or to take a step back for a bit and start below your level at a company you like (for example, start in a customer service job). Just focus on doing something that is useful to other people and where you are learning skills.