Any job ideas for a 30-something with no degree or trade skills

semilla

Pigeon
OP, @chrisblackbeard, and anyone else,

If you live in or near a region that has any form of vegetable produce production, consider working on a farm. Preferably one that is large or rather corporate (JB Boswell, Tanimura and Antle, Grimmway, etc). Take any job you can find or one relating to your interest. Of course, speaking Spanish is a huge plus.

Pay may initially be low, but so would you cost of living in a partially rural area. After a few years of working there, you can go work for a support company in some form of sales. This could mean working in the fertilizer, chemical, mechanical, technical, irrigation, heavy machinery, farm labor, food safety, or one of the many other industries that are constantly rotating people through a limited amount of willing employees and a growing number of boomer retirements.

I may write up a data sheet explaining the ag industry, or at least the vegetable industry on the west coast, since there has been more interest in rural living among the crowd here.

For further details, I wont say too much about my job (due to it being a rather small niche business), but I’ve worked in vegetable production since I was a young kid, recently finished a degree from a solid state school in California, and already clear 6 figures under the age of 25. I wouldn’t say my case is typical, but not unlikely for someone after a few years in the right sales job.

TLDR: Work for a farm and then find a respectable and consistent job in an adjacent part of the agriculture industry.

jakester318

Sparrow
Some background. I studied business for one year and then dropped out because I honestly did not enjoy it and was loaded with cash from an apartment I sold that my father had given me and my sister.

That money was spent over the course of about 10 years while I did not really work at all, just traveled or stayed at home.

Next I made a tech YouTube channel, which grew to over 80K subs over about 4 years and last year I was making like 10K per month at one point through affiliate links and Google Adsense. I made like 1 video per week and it was very easy money. I had however used immoral means to grow the channel and take out my competition.

But then I found Jesus Christ and deleted the channel because I thought that a) that's what he wanted and b) I didn't deserve it due to my unscrupulous business practices. Thinking back I should have probably sold it and given the money to charity or something like that, but oh well.

I immediately after deleting the channel found a job at the local post office, delivering mail.

Then some things happened which I would rather not discuss in this thread, and now I am on sick leave until September.

Right now I am 33 years old with no degree, no "real" job experience except working at the post office for a few weeks. The only thing I have is some cash left over from that YouTube channel and an idea for a stock video footage site that I think would be very profitable. I honestly think it may have been given to me by God because I am not that smart.

Any advice lads? What should I do when I get no more government bux?
Your story sounds somewhat disingenuous. It sounds like you are combining the parable of the prodigal son with Roosh's story about peddling fornication and renouncing his previous life for a one of modesty. Now, either that is incredibly coincidental (if so, I think it is a remarkable story) or you are full of shit.

If it's coincidental but true, you do have to be completely and brutally honest with yourself and realize you squandered away many years and have nothing to show for it. You must be disciplined and take an inventory of your interests and try to find the intersection between your interests and whether there is a demand for that type of interest you can translate into a job. But being a YouTuber or a video gamer are not options for you. You have to then figure out what you need in terms of skills that will you can apply towards that interest and find a way to build those skills. That's how I would approach your situation if I were you.

However, if you are full of shit, and I think you are, you should piss off and troll someplace else. Don't be one of those keyboard betas who tells tales of how life positioned you into such a shitty situation that you cannot get out of it and now you turn to the internet for people to feel sorry for you because that is more interesting to you than owning your life and doing something with it. I pity people like that because they never have the honesty and integrity to take ownership of their lives and do something with it. People like this are fearful and cowardly, and their end is as follows:

"And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”"

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
How about creating a datasheet how to SJW/Deepstate proof a website and post it here - we could read and ask questions and provide constructive critical thinking and it would be a good tool for you with a decent FAQ/Checklist - never show it to any customers as you want to show them what you can do but NOT HOW to do it... First Business rule I learned early as a plumbers apprentice in my teens before I decided to get a tech education courtesy Uncle Sam.

Electrician apprentice. Start around $13/hr but up to and around $20/hr by your 4th year in the apprenticeship. From there start your own business or work for someone else in literally any part of the world because there will always be demand for your skills. Plumbers will always make more tho.

Servers at Chili's can make $20/hr. Not a very invigorating or prestigious job but it comes with a lot of benefits and is a low risk way of learning salesmanship.

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
Your story sounds somewhat disingenuous. It sounds like you are combining the parable of the prodigal son with Roosh's story about peddling fornication and renouncing his previous life for a one of modesty. Now, either that is incredibly coincidental (if so, I think it is a remarkable story) or you are full of shit.

If it's coincidental but true, you do have to be completely and brutally honest with yourself and realize you squandered away many years and have nothing to show for it. You must be disciplined and take an inventory of your interests and try to find the intersection between your interests and whether there is a demand for that type of interest you can translate into a job. But being a YouTuber or a video gamer are not options for you. You have to then figure out what you need in terms of skills that will you can apply towards that interest and find a way to build those skills. That's how I would approach your situation if I were you.

However, if you are full of shit, and I think you are, you should piss off and troll someplace else. Don't be one of those keyboard betas who tells tales of how life positioned you into such a shitty situation that you cannot get out of it and now you turn to the internet for people to feel sorry for you because that is more interesting to you than owning your life and doing something with it. I pity people like that because they never have the honesty and integrity to take ownership of their lives and do something with it. People like this are fearful and cowardly, and their end is as follows:

"And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”"
Lying is a sin and I am a God fearing bible believing Christian. I assure you my story is completely true. Yes I have squandered many years and much money, and I have nothing to show for it. I blame myself for ending up in this situation. I could and should have made better decisions, but I messed up and here I am.

If you want some evidence, the YouTube channel I had was named Mostly Tech and it still has some videos up on Bitchute, never really got to deleting that: https://www.bitchute.com/mostlytech/

Last edited:

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
How about creating a datasheet how to SJW/Deepstate proof a website and post it here - we could read and ask questions and provide constructive critical thinking and it would be a good tool for you with a decent FAQ/Checklist - never show it to any customers as you want to show them what you can do but NOT HOW to do it... First Business rule I learned early as a plumbers apprentice in my teens before I decided to get a tech education courtesy Uncle Sam.
I was thinking of making a site where I compare different web services related to hardening your website against SJW/deepstate.

Rockym

Pigeon
Business analytics guy ,

What is the reason that most data analytics companies are pro lgbt ?

Tableau is a data analysis visualization tool .They are pro LGBT .

Google shows its support for Gay Pride Month with rainbow art for LGBT search terms

And companies with a Catholic CEO, like firefox are banning data analysis.

Google Analytics is Blocked by Firefox.

I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and now will be pursuing a Master of Science in Business Analytics (hence my username) beginning in August 2020. I'm probably not the best person to give advice to someone without a degree; but there are several "cheap" online options to upgrade your skills. Whether that is a certificate, stupid Coursera courses, etc.

I'm pursuing data and analytics, as I believe there is demand for the forseeable future in this area.

I am 35 years old and turning 36 in September and generally considered "old" for a graduate student. My program will consist of people mainly under 25 or max 30 years old.

Digital Marketing may be a recession-proof and work-from-home job that requires skillet, work experience and minimal skil2lset. Its relatively easy to learn search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), paid media/non-paid media channels, etc. There are several digital marketing learning opportunities online.

Good luck.

Psalm27

Robin
Gold Member
I feel like im in a similar place, but at 24. For me I really need to find a change, a live at work opportunity in the oil industry or something. In your situation, I think you should pursue your skills on youtube... Not just anyone can do that.
I am in a very similar situation TBQH, I am really struggling. I have tried sales but I'm very introverted by nature. I currently work in a factory but I'm only able to save up 100 bucks a month, maybe 150 if I really try after rent, gas, groceries, insurance, etc. I am trapped in this poverty level existence.
jesus_03.jpg

Look into IT or programming. Possibly consider enrolling in a trade school if in the US. Not sure how good trades are in EU.

But I imagine it'd take a few years before you can become a skilled tradesman.

Waverer

Robin
Accountancy careers seem comparatively open to a range of backgrounds and you will well-paid reasonably fast, but they require a lot of exams while you work and train (all this is true for the UK and may not be in your location). The work itself varies from dry and dull to interesting. What qualified accountants aren't doing is basic arithmetic.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Real estate can be a risky investment, but if you are doing most of the maintenance work yourself, it can be a source of good steady income. It sounds like you had a bit of experience with that. It's a good supplement to other income. Maybe you get $1,000 a month in rental income but that's about what my total cost of living is, so it means I can pursue whatever other main job I want, without focusing on the money so much.

I did lose a lot of money with a bad real estate investment, like the guy above. But it was too large and too far. If you had a small duplex or something, it might be something to consider. Plus you sound like you are lacking in practical skills and it would teach you a bit about landscaping, plumbing, and maybe even electrical and HVAC repair.

I agree with the agriculture idea. Try to shift your mindset from "I need a job" to "I need to become self reliant".

Of course, we all need jobs (most of us) for a source of income, but you will be able to learn how to grow vegetables or fruit from an agriculture job which will allow you to grow your own garden.

Maybe buy 6 hens, which would provide you with over a 1,000 eggs a year...if the hens are healthy and especially if they are in their prime.

I am not in the US anymore, but I have a full-time agriculture job and I now live in a new place that has a garden where I grow various vegetables.

Good luck to you!

sonoran_

Kingfisher
Gold Member
You have experience that Im personally jealous of, and whether it was luck or not, it is still experience. Keep at learning various forms of digital marketing or tech specialties while working a job. There are so many options for you, some in which you already have experience.

Video production and editing, ads, marketing automation, copywriting and all the other branches of digital marketing. Dont be shy in promoting your highly successful youtube channel experience.

1) Get a job, potentially something that has some progression.
2) Focus on the above paragraph during your free time and sell yourself.

I started on a very similar path this year.

Also a friend recently showed me a textbook for frieght dispatching. He took a small course on it I was quite surprised at what it entailed. it's literally acting as a broker and connecting a load to a driver. You can call it sales but theres not really any convincing involved. It seems like a good way to make money from home off your phone.

kel

Pelican
Several people here are talking about real estate investment - I'd be interested in a thread on it, if anyone is willing. My investment has always been the stock market, my real estate plans are home rather than investment but I wouldn't mind diversifying a little if possible. But, real estate is so... real, lol. Financial capital has such a low bar to entry, moving from that to real estate (especially as someone who has a "real" job for now) seems like a big jump in effort required (for a disproportionately small return).

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Real Estate. Is in for a YUUGE correction... In most US 2nd tier suburban small biz and so called bedroom communities people with high paying tech, financial services, healthcare and trades are able to buy newer up to code homes and condos with the lowest mortgage rates in history. That leaves apartment buildings serving single welfare mother's who trash the place, crazy old cat ladies who stink up the place with cat urine and frat boiz boozing, banging and brawling... commercial properties are suffering from Covid rents and mortgages forbearance and as small biz go out of biz vacant Properties will accelerate and demand/rents drop... Bad for income property owners and their mortgage llenders... With Covid work from home reducing. Need for office space this trend will boom.

My old man did full gut-job rehabs on old houses with lead paint, asbestos and ancient pipes and literally rented dumpsters and dumped all the old horsehair plaster with 100 years of dozens of layers of lead paint and old asbestos pipe insulation. He took out old oil fired boilers and installed new energy efficient gas forced hot water. Refinished hardwood floors and woodwork trim and fully insulated with new skimcoat moisture resistant Blueboard and washable latex wall paint and sprayed ceilings for sound deadening. Of course all new wiring to code, new plumbing to code and new stock Lowers/Home depot kitchens and baths all with neutral colored carpets and bone white walls.

Fact is hippy pot head druggies, divorcee single moms with kids by several baby daddies and pet owners yes you cat, dog and parrot lovers... Birds do enormous damage to window sills and frames and crap all over when their emotional support owners have an anxiety attack and let their kids and animals destroy the properties... Or yoga bishes who light 100s of mood candles and fall asleep with the Zen vibe and burn the damn house down. Add the BLMA equal opportunity testers/inspectors teams that send in hostile nasty attitude BLMAs to sign a rental application one day and a polite white couple the next day a viola you are being Racist EEO prosecuted because you did not rent to BLMA hostile antifa scumbags.

The old man did restore some of the nicest apts in the city... The HUD paint program inspector said so... So he was able to serve two growing markets...

New graduate cubicle queens who have not been able to lock down a good high earning man to buy her a nice suburban home... Key was he had each sign a rent sharing agreement and if one moved out for a better job they only paid their portion of the rent and helped interview the new bishes rent sharing "roommates"... These were educated women usually plain James with No kids and on BCP so if they slutted around with soybot bff's they did not get knocked. In the rent sharing agreement any guests who stayed more than three days FWBs or out of town family were charged a nightly rate AirBnB style for extra wear and tear.

Other steady renters are 55+ pensioner's not interested in owning or maintaining property. Lastly adults developmently disabled ... Downs Syndrome, Autism etc and paid personal caregiver's paaid by Fed. State Medicare/Medicaid. Housing Section 8 funds were steady reliable renters though 55+ try to sneak in yappy dogs and cats that invariably make the place stink like a kennel.

My favorite income property... No tenants,. Low maintenance and agri continued use tax breaks. Christmas tree farms, insect resistant... Trim double tops only 1 time per year and part time Low skill min wage laborers 3 to 4 weeks a year... And if Covid etc cancels Christmas the trees grow more beautiful, fill out and grow in value.

Looks like this turned into a mini data sheet... HTH.

Last edited:
Some background. I studied business for one year and then dropped out because I honestly did not enjoy it and was loaded with cash from an apartment I sold that my father had given me and my sister.

That money was spent over the course of about 10 years while I did not really work at all, just traveled or stayed at home.

Next I made a tech YouTube channel, which grew to over 80K subs over about 4 years and last year I was making like 10K per month at one point through affiliate links and Google Adsense. I made like 1 video per week and it was very easy money. I had however used immoral means to grow the channel and take out my competition.

But then I found Jesus Christ and deleted the channel because I thought that a) that's what he wanted and b) I didn't deserve it due to my unscrupulous business practices. Thinking back I should have probably sold it and given the money to charity or something like that, but oh well.

I immediately after deleting the channel found a job at the local post office, delivering mail.

Then some things happened which I would rather not discuss in this thread, and now I am on sick leave until September.

Right now I am 33 years old with no degree, no "real" job experience except working at the post office for a few weeks. The only thing I have is some cash left over from that YouTube channel and an idea for a stock video footage site that I think would be very profitable. I honestly think it may have been given to me by God because I am not that smart.

Any advice lads? What should I do when I get no more government bux?

80k subs in a competitive tech youtuber market means you are talented, at the very least know what you are doing. Put your best foot forward, maybe consider making a youtube channel about helping other people make successful YouTube channels. Everyone dreams about location independence and you technically made it. Why not monetise the dream? People will literally throw money at a person like you for your expertise. Anyone can deliver the mail, not everyone knows what it takes to get as far as you did in a crowded market.

A SEO manger for websites, I work as a SEO for years, started with zero experience, my first try was when my friend wanted to publish his site and make it visible on google search because it been private for years, i told him that it’s not enough only to make it public to be visible on google and need a SEO promotion, as you know SEO promotion is not that cheap and actually he doesn’t really want to pay much for it, so i decided to offer him a free SEO as practicing for me, now i work for Liverpool for PPS Services and i really like it, it makes good money.
Hey Alex, where can i learn SEO ? Which site or course do you recommend to me ? I want to become a SEO Manager, but im tired of these SEO courses from Youtube and Coursera, they all say the same lazy ideas (keywords, backlinks and others) I want a course that share REAL KNOWLEDGE, SOME ADVANCED SEO TECHNIQUES on how to put the site on the first page of google, make the site visible, among others things.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
I stumbled upon this the other week. Looks pretty interesting. I talked to a guy in the group that lives in Houston and is gonna do a million gross this year. Granted he has about 20k a month in overhead. Talked to another guy that does 5k a month and only works 2 days out of the week for a few hours.

Basically this guy drives around industrial areas and gets free pallets in bulk and then sells them to other businesses for 4-5 bucks a pallet.

I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'm gonna do it. Also not sure if this would work in your country.