Any of you guys MMA fans?

Joga Bonito

Kingfisher
Gold Member
thegmanifesto said:
iWin said:
A couples friends just got me into MMA. Do any of you have any good resources for learning the sport and the major players in it?

The Internet and the Television are pretty decent resources.

No need to be a smartass either answer the question or STFU. Come on now.

thegmanifesto

Peacock
Gold Member
iWin said:
thegmanifesto said:
iWin said:
A couples friends just got me into MMA. Do any of you have any good resources for learning the sport and the major players in it?

I actually thought you were joking. So I was too.

I mean hell, UFC has been going on for 20 years.

As we are talking right now, MMA is probably on 4 different TV channels.

You can't really avoid it. It is all over the Internet.

It is not like it is some secret low-profile sport.

I mean, its the fastest growing sport in the last 10 years.

That is like asking, "A couples friends just got me into this crazy thing called "Football". Do any of you have any good resources for learning about the NFL and the major players in it?"

If you were serious, I apologize that I came off being abrasive.

I am trying not to be "mean" on here anymore.

Check out these:

http://www.ufc.com/

http://www.sherdog.com

Joga Bonito

Kingfisher
Gold Member
thegmanifesto said:
iWin said:
thegmanifesto said:
iWin said:

I actually thought you were joking. So I was too.

I mean hell, UFC has been going on for 20 years.

As we are talking right now, MMA is probably on 4 different TV channels.

You can't really avoid it. It is all over the Internet.

It is not like it is some secret low-profile sport.

I mean, its the fastest growing sport in the last 10 years.

That is like asking, "A couples friends just got me into this crazy thing called "Football". Do any of you have any good resources for learning about the NFL and the major players in it?"

If you were serious, I apologize that I came off being abrasive.

I am trying not to be "mean" on here anymore.

Check out these:

http://www.ufc.com/

http://www.sherdog.com

Cool no worries.

Cincinnatus

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I don't watch most UFC but I am known around town for my support of local MMA. We have some good fighters here and I'm hoping that one of the fellows I went to high school with will develop into higher-level talent.

This is the town that produced Ezzard Charles, after all, former boxing Heavyweight Champion and also named by one boxing publication as the "greatest light heavyweight of all time."

I also believe that The G Manifesto would approve of multiple local MMA competitions being held at one of the local horse tracks. :laugh:

Merenguero

Crow
Gold Member
MSW2007 said:
I don't watch most UFC but I am known around town for my support of local MMA. We have some good fighters here and I'm hoping that one of the fellows I went to high school with will develop into higher-level talent.

This is the town that produced Ezzard Charles, after all, former boxing Heavyweight Champion and also named by one boxing publication as the "greatest light heavyweight of all time."

I also believe that The G Manifesto would approve of multiple local MMA competitions being held at one of the local horse tracks. :laugh:

I know it's a different sport, but Adrien Broner, who is argueably boxing's biggest prospect is also from where you are. He has a great career ahead of him, but I see him getting exposed sooner or later. He's not Mayweather.

thegmanifesto

Peacock
Gold Member
Merenguero said:
MSW2007 said:

I know it's a different sport, but Adrien Broner, who is argueably boxing's biggest prospect is also from where you are. He has a great career ahead of him, but I see him getting exposed sooner or later. He's not Mayweather.

You guys are forgetting about my favorite Cincinnati boxer.

Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor. The original Pac-man.

Kitsune

Pelican
RioNomad said:
Jiu Jitsu isn't even a real sport. In a street fight, Tony would have KOed Randy in three seconds. Look at Randy Couture's record. He's lost like 50% of his fights. And he is in the MMA HALL OF FAME?!? Get out of here. Put Mayweather in the cage against St. Pierre and Mayweather knocks him out inside of 10 seconds. If Matt "The Midget" Serra can KO the "UFC Champion" with a sloppy haymaker, any amateur level boxer would destroy him.

Let's be honest here.

Mayweather, your supposd hero and dream boyfriend, has been ducking this phillipine midget for about 15 years because he doesn't want to get punched in the face. All the boxers have good records because they let anyone come in and get knocked out, and then they call it a 'record.' then they all cry when they have to fight someone who has also beaten up a lot of guys off the street.

Look at even the best: Mike Tyson had to bite someone's ear off because he wasn't good enough at punching - the only thing he'd trained to do all his life. Why is this relevant to MMA? GOOD LUCK trying to bite an ear when you're in an armbar.

Don't even get me started on the Klitzscho's. They're practically like Semmy Schilt who got beaten by all the top mma guys. eXCEPT THEY DON;t KNOW HOW TO KICK.

If it were a street fight, boxers would be like "nah man. the ppv revenue percentages just aren't right for this one and it should be held in my hometown and that guy might be doing drugs so he'll have to have a special blood test before throwing the first punch."

bojangles

Crow
Gold Member
RioNomad said:
Jiu Jitsu isn't even a real sport. In a street fight, Tony would have KOed Randy in three seconds. Look at Randy Couture's record. He's lost like 50% of his fights. And he is in the MMA HALL OF FAME?!? Get out of here. Put Mayweather in the cage against St. Pierre and Mayweather knocks him out inside of 10 seconds. If Matt "The Midget" Serra can KO the "UFC Champion" with a sloppy haymaker, any amateur level boxer would destroy him.

you caught quite a few with this one :D

trolling_pic.png