Any of you guys MMA fans?

Duke Castile

Crow
Gold Member
Technics said:
My bad. Some of us don't know all the UFC guys.

Fisto said:
Technics said:
I think its GSP. He generally represents karate style in UFC.

Fisto said:
Wutang said:
^ Plus check out who he has as his avatar

Who is that, some karate guy?

Hahaha a bit too obvious.

Oh whoops. I thought you were playing along with the joke. That's Jacare a very famous Jiu Jitsu practitioner and fighter. Rio was fucking with the MMA fans because he trains and his avatar speaks for itself, then I acted like I thought it was a karate guy which Rio fell for (he should know better) and then I thought you were screwing with me (it was good but, GSP is a white guy)

Duke Castile

Crow
Gold Member
RioNomad said:
I didn't fall for it, you bastard lol. It's just too good of a meme to pass up. It's the only meme I have saved on my computer.

Please, you fell for it hook line and sinker. I basically troll jiu jitsued you unconscious.

Technics

Kingfisher
Haha, yea I know. You had me called out the first time. I was just trying to salvage something out of it.

I also train karate/ufc, like RioNomad.

Fisto said:
Technics said:
My bad. Some of us don't know all the UFC guys.

Fisto said:
Technics said:
I think its GSP. He generally represents karate style in UFC.

Fisto said:
Who is that, some karate guy?

Hahaha a bit too obvious.

Oh whoops. I thought you were playing along with the joke. That's Jacare a very famous Jiu Jitsu practitioner and fighter. Rio was fucking with the MMA fans because he trains and his avatar speaks for itself, then I acted like I thought it was a karate guy which Rio fell for (he should know better) and then I thought you were screwing with me (it was good but, GSP is a white guy)

Cincinnatus

Hummingbird
Gold Member
thegmanifesto said:
Merenguero said:
MSW2007 said:
I don't watch most UFC but I am known around town for my support of local MMA. We have some good fighters here and I'm hoping that one of the fellows I went to high school with will develop into higher-level talent.

This is the town that produced Ezzard Charles, after all, former boxing Heavyweight Champion and also named by one boxing publication as the "greatest light heavyweight of all time."

I also believe that The G Manifesto would approve of multiple local MMA competitions being held at one of the local horse tracks. :laugh:

I know it's a different sport, but Adrien Broner, who is argueably boxing's biggest prospect is also from where you are. He has a great career ahead of him, but I see him getting exposed sooner or later. He's not Mayweather.

You guys are forgetting about my favorite Cincinnati boxer.

Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor. The original Pac-man.

Pretty pissed at myself for letting Pryor slip my mind. He's a local legend, though I'm not we've named a street for him (yet).

Cincinnati also produced Rich Franklin, Middleweight UFC Champion from UFC 53 to UFC 58.

1930's featherweight champion boxer Freddie Miller was also a Cincinnati native.

Pryor still lives here in Cincinnati. He's still involved in training boxers and supports local Golden Gloves.

RioNomad said:
Jiu Jitsu isn't even a real sport. In a street fight, Tony would have KOed Randy in three seconds. Look at Randy Couture's record. He's lost like 50% of his fights. And he is in the MMA HALL OF FAME?!? Get out of here. Put Mayweather in the cage against St. Pierre and Mayweather knocks him out inside of 10 seconds. If Matt "The Midget" Serra can KO the "UFC Champion" with a sloppy haymaker, any amateur level boxer would destroy him.

Surely you jest.

I would actually love to see mayweather and St Pierre for the BS excuses floyd would make after he got dry humped into submission.

Spike

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I just saw the movie "Warrior". I thought it would be just another brainless kick and punch movie but I was heavily impressed by it. Easily one of the best movies I have seen in the last 5 years.

Personally I'm not a MMA fan, i'm more of a K1 (kickboxing) fan. Followed it for years. Too bad the Japs cancelled that tournament. Could have something to do with the fact that the Dutch DOMINATED it for years. The Dutch won 15 out of 18 years and always had at least 3 fighters (but often 5) in the final 8. The Japanese got so pissed off about it that they pressed the Dutch fighters with a dual nationality to fight under there other nationality Like Suriname, The Antilles,Morocco,Turkey while most of them are pure Dutch.

Funniest moments were always the ex-boxers getting humiliated in the ring. Every single one of them got their asses low kicked into oblivion. Even Mike tyson was too scared to compete and came up with excuses all the time.

Peter Aerts is my all time favorite fighter. He competed in the final 8 (of the world) all the years from 1993 up to 2010 (except 2008). Being in the final 6 times and winning 3 of them.

Check that K1 Grand Prix record: Nothing but Dutch in there. The last 4 finals were even Dutch against Dutch(Morrocan)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_K-1_champions

bojangles

Crow
Gold Member
Neil Skywalker said:
I just saw the movie "Warrior" I thought it would be just another brainless kick and punch movie but I was heavily impressed by it. Easily one of the best movies I have seen in the last 5 years.

Personally I'm not a MMA fan, more of a K1 (kickboxing) fan. Too bad the Japs cancelled that tournament. Could have something to do with the fact that the Dutch DOMINATED it for years. The Dutch won 14 out of 17 years and always had at least 3 fighters in the final 8. The Japanese got so pissed off about it that they pressed the Dutch fighters with a dual nationality to fight under there other nationality Like Suriname, The Antilles,Morocco,Turkey while most of them are pure Dutch.

Funniest moments were always the ex-boxers getting humiliated in the ring. Every single one of them got their asses low kicked into oblivion. Even Mike tyson was too scared to compete and came up with excuses all the time.

Ramon Dekkers, our gym has this DVD of him playing at the moment continously, one hard motherfucker over 200 fights!

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I still watch MMA, can't believe Anderson Silva lost... ever since I started watching MMA I have alwasy seen him win, It was odd to see him lose. The new season of TUF comes on next month and its gonna be girls and guys (I saw some pics of some hot girls that made the cut) gonna be interesting to see how the girls an guy interact in the house. I wonder if they will have a boom boom room likeon Jersey shore...

What do you guys think about girls fighting in the UFC now?

Heres some MMA eye candy, she was a NFL cheerleader an now shes a MMA fighter... and I want her to sit on my face
044_FIGHT_MAY13.jpg

044b_FIGHT_MAY13.jpg

779311.jpg

p17mm6d56p1a7h1365aus1pkhhpf4.jpg

578778_10152665308275717_2042167166_n.jpg

aphelion

Ostrich
Gold Member
Honda Housey passes the boner test for me despite her horrifying cauliflower ears but I don't know what it would take for me to get it up for Cyborg.

I get mad pumped for the fights and especially when Chael P. Sonnen is fighting. Can't wait for tomorrow.

(Side note - don't fuck with anyone with cauliflower ears, women included)

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
PoosyWrecker said:
Would anyone give a damn about MMA womens' league if the girls couldn't pass the boner test?
If a girl is a MMA fighter it automatically adds +3 on the boner scale. You know shes in shape an flexible and could put it on you. I been diggin watching girls fight lately, most of these bitches are scrappy cause they got something to prove. Its a nice change of pace from most of the super technical stale male fights.

Theres some fights free on Fox tonight.
G-Assistir-UFC-Shogun-vs-Sonnen-ao-vivo.jpg

Cr33pin said:
PoosyWrecker said:
Would anyone give a damn about MMA womens' league if the girls couldn't pass the boner test?
If a girl is a MMA fighter it automatically adds +3 on the boner scale. You know shes in shape an flexible and could put it on you. I been diggin watching girls fight lately, most of these bitches are scrappy cause they got something to prove. Its a nice change of pace from most of the super technical stale male fights.

Theres some fights free on Fox tonight.
G-Assistir-UFC-Shogun-vs-Sonnen-ao-vivo.jpg

aww man, I forgot this was tonight! Thank you for posting that up,

This has got to be Overeem's make or break fight, so he has got to put in 100% focus and not get cocky like he did with Bigfoot.

As for Sonnen, I like him, he's a good fighter but I think Shogun will be too strong for him though and get the KO in the first round.