Any of you guys MMA fans?

Flux

There are many examples..

In Mcgregor Diaz 2, Conor was maybe 10 to 15 lbs lighter and still beat the shit out of Nate. He changed his face.

Dillashaw is smaller than Garbrandt.

Whittaker is smaller than everyone in that division.

Woodley was lighter and smaller than the Liverpool guy and beat the shit out of him.

Jon Jones was a light 205 when he first started out, was extremely dominant, and has since put on a lot of muscle (just cuts more weight, still a very similar fighter).

Even Khabib used to fight heavier, until he supposedly hired a nutritionist after the bad weight cut against Ferguson, and has looked better than ever since.

I’m not talking about huge weight differences, but they are significant differences.

Saweeep said:
TigerMandingo said:
I don't get why Banna is required to have fighting experience in order to have an opinion on MMA weight class divisions lol.
Because he is making out that it's easy for fighters to do and the reason they don't is because they're scared...or something.

I have loads of decent level fighters at my gym (kickboxing not mma but the point still stands). We have one national level fighter who has also fought internationally; fights at 72kg. He gets bullied by regional level 82kg fighters. He can't cope with their extra size and power.

The weight classes within the UFC are massive, massive jumps.

That's the point. Anyone can armchair quarterback.

"lol"
So let me get this straight after telling reporters Anderson Silva in the midst of terrorizing MW he would have to meet him at a catchweight to fight him, GSP suddenly has no issues to fight Michael Bisping at 185?

Only the first 2 sentences matter and not the remaining braggadocio gibberish you posted.

Yeah he was scared of Silva in this case.

Boxing has been around a long time. A very long time.

If tiny number-of-lbs-difference weight classes didn't need to exist, they wouldn't.

No amount of exceptions to the rule change the rule.

Banna said:
Saweeep said:
TigerMandingo said:
I don't get why Banna is required to have fighting experience in order to have an opinion on MMA weight class divisions lol.
Because he is making out that it's easy for fighters to do and the reason they don't is because they're scared...or something.

I have loads of decent level fighters at my gym (kickboxing not mma but the point still stands). We have one national level fighter who has also fought internationally; fights at 72kg. He gets bullied by regional level 82kg fighters. He can't cope with their extra size and power.

The weight classes within the UFC are massive, massive jumps.

That's the point. Anyone can armchair quarterback.

"lol"
So let me get this straight after telling reporters Anderson Silva in the midst of terrorizing MW he would have to meet him at a catchweight to fight him, GSP suddenly has no issues to fight Michael Bisping at 185?

Only the first 2 sentences matter and not the remaining braggadocio gibberish you posted.

Yeah he was scared of Silva in this case.
This is surely one of those "don't argue with idiots etc etc" times.

You carry on living in dreamland, son.

Repo said:
It's like Banna doesnt realize hes attempting to contradict Saweeep but then precedes to argue why Saweeep is right.

Let's discuss the contradiction!

[video=vimeo]https://vimeo.com/208255938[/MEDIA]...ost some childish unrelated to MMA video,lol.

Repo

Hummingbird
Banna said:
Repo said:
It's like Banna doesnt realize hes attempting to contradict Saweeep but then precedes to argue why Saweeep is right.

Let's discuss the contradiction!

[video=vimeo]https://vimeo.com/208255938[/MEDIA]... continue to make the point against yourself.

Flux said:
There are many examples..

In Mcgregor Diaz 2, Conor was maybe 10 to 15 lbs lighter and still beat the shit out of Nate. He changed his face.

Dillashaw is smaller than Garbrandt.

Whittaker is smaller than everyone in that division.

Woodley was lighter and smaller than the Liverpool guy and beat the shit out of him.

Jon Jones was a light 205 when he first started out, was extremely dominant, and has since put on a lot of muscle (just cuts more weight, still a very similar fighter).

Even Khabib used to fight heavier, until he supposedly hired a nutritionist after the bad weight cut against Ferguson, and has looked better than ever since.

I’m not talking about huge weight differences, but they are significant differences.
Of course there are other examples. BJ Penn (when he wasn't so lazy) finished a bigger and stronger grappler in Matt Hughes to win the WW title.

Poirer has moved up to LW and fought better vs tougher competition he fought at FW and if he wasn't in such a stacked division he could be fighting for a title.

Whittaker as I mentioned was a WW and now he's the champ at MW winning it the real way and not that cherry picked fight GSP took.

I know for sure none of these guys have someone like Saweep in their camps or they'd not be where they are now.

oilbreh

Woodpecker
Khabib is now saying he is out of the UFC if they dont put his brother back in (guy that exchanged punches with Conor after the fight). UFC really looks like they dont have many cards to play considering their money maker just got rag dolled. Would leave the entire light weight class in a limbo unless Tony can rag doll Conor too.

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
Trumpian said:
^And weight makes a bigger difference in MMA and grappling than striking. You got kickboxers like Mark Hunt (280lbs and iron chin to boot) who've been knocked out by kickboxers a 100lbs lighter than them like Melvin Manhoef(middle weight).

You'll never see a grappler even 50lbs lighter prevail. The weight difference is just too great a disadvantage.
I'm not a great fighter (only ever trained in boxing) but if I fight someone I have size on (most people) I tend to dominate by closing the gap and putting them on the floor.

oilbreh said:
Khabib is now saying he is out of the UFC if they dont put his brother back in (guy that exchanged punches with Conor after the fight). UFC really looks like they dont have many cards to play considering their money maker just got rag dolled. Would leave the entire light weight class in a limbo unless Tony can rag doll Conor too.
No!

I want Tony vs Khabib damnit! The streaks they're on at their weight class (which is no joke) is unparalleled in ufc history. The only thing comparable in UFC history is DC vs Jones 1, but DC was a career HW that made the drop.

This would be a truly historic fight.....needs to happen.

MPD

Sparrow
What a roller-coaster 229 has been. My $0.02:

- Jury is still out on the post-fight circus and I've been a Khabib fan. However, I wish he just wore his belt, got on the mic and then challenged Danis (and whomever else in the Conor corner) to a fight, even make it a grappling match.

- Yes. God please yes. Eagle vs. El Cucuy is the fight I want. Actually, that's the trilogy I want if the first one is close enough and I hope it is. Khabib needs a real threat in the division and I say that as a fan.

- An immediate rematch is just stupid. The gap is too wide, aside from the tiniest of puncher's chances. Plus, the UfC would make even more money if Conor gains some momentum back (at least 2 wins over credible fighters). A rematch now would signal to me that UFC brass have completely lost faith in a Conor comeback and so, they're cashing in the McChip while burning it like they did the Ronda one.

TravelerKai

Peacock
Gold Member
Man it's official for me. Stylebender is the baddest dude on the planet. He figured out what Silva did. I think the next world phenom is here. Nigeria should start working on a giant statue in Lagos.

MPD

Sparrow
Adesanya is good but there's way too much hype for him. That's all well and good unless it gets to his head. I think that's already happening if you consider his antics and rumors of a title shot.

To be fair, I'm not knowledgeable enough to appreciate his "next-level" striking that pundits mention.

And to TK's point, a "fighter farm" in Nigeria/West Africa sounds like a great idea to dominate the sport and make loads of cash!

Adesanya hasn't faced a good wrestler yet. I think Brunson had some highschool wrestling but was mainly a cheerleader lol.

I think it's been proven at this point that wrestling is the superior, higher percentage fighting style. It's just boring af to watch.