Any of you guys MMA fans?

VNvet said:
Excalibur said:
Retard fight IQ at every level.
So disappointed.
It looked like a thrown fight to me. McGregor even had WWE tier antics with the four consecutive shoulder bumps, c'mon. Actually, it was most likely scripted, just like everything else in our dumb society.

Vegas doesn't like to lose, either.
I felt the same seeing how the fight was won by Conor so easily and how Cowboy didn't try to do more to survive the onslaught when he was rocked. It felt staged and I feel like Cowboy was instructed to let Conor win in exchange of a big paycheck.
Look at the press conference, they were kissing Conor's ass, avoiding the controversial topics. Even Cowboy stepped in to say we should focus on the fight and defended Conor. It felt that they had instructions to make Conor look friendly and agreeable like before.
The UFC need the "old" Conor back like the fans say they want, so that they can milk the cash cow again.

Rush87

Ostrich
Cr33pin said:
Lots of armchair warriors in here bruh... no way you guys would have lost that fight right?? What a scrub Cowboy is, geeze... if only he had a fraction of the knowledge of alpha fighters from the RVF he would be a 5 division champ champ champ champ champ

I should have never bumped this thread and let it die. Cause its way better off dead then having you clowns converse in it.
Pretty much.

VNvet

Kingfisher
Cr33pin said:
Lots of armchair warriors in here bruh... no way you guys would have lost that fight right?? What a scrub Cowboy is, geeze... if only he had a fraction of the knowledge of alpha fighters from the RVF he would be a 5 division champ champ champ champ champ

I should have never bumped this thread and let it die. Cause its way better off dead then having you clowns converse in it.
Literally no one on this thread said they could beat McGregor, so what are you whining about?

A professional fighter losing a fight in 40 seconds is an awful performance. You don't have to be able to beat McGregor or Cerone to offer that insight.

Deusleveult said:
I felt the same seeing how the fight was won by Conor so easily and how Cowboy didn't try to do more to survive the onslaught when he was rocked. It felt staged and I feel like Cowboy was instructed to let Conor win in exchange of a big paycheck.
Look at the press conference, they were kissing Conor's ass, avoiding the controversial topics. Even Cowboy stepped in to say we should focus on the fight and defended Conor. It felt that they had instructions to make Conor look friendly and agreeable like before.
The UFC need the "old" Conor back like the fans say they want, so that they can milk the cash cow again.
Of course, it's scripted. There is way too much money on the line in Vegas and the UFC to leave these things up to chance - the fight was literally in Vegas in a venue owned and operated by MGM, c'mon. The same thing applies to every sport, though.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
You kids should move your rhetoric to the conspiracy thread. I'm sure Connor and Cerrone were practicing should strikes and getting head kicked in the back before the big fight. Cerrone was obviously dazed from the thigh to the head when when Connor missed with that first strike... Cowboy even though Connor was hitting him with elbows in that clinch (he said so in the post fight interview), those shoulder strikes busted up his nose and his eye, he was clearly still dazed and stumbling once they got some distance and then he did eat a head kick an that was pretty much all she wrote.... to say Donald Cerrone (the man with the record for most wins in the UFC) has a "retard fight IQ" is blasphemous. I wonder if you have any idea how ludicrous it makes you sound to talk about Cowboys retard fight IQ and then bitch at him for getting dazed from the nastiest shoulder strikes anyone has ever seen in MMA...

I understand where you are coming from though bros.... clearly you guys behind your keyboards wouldn't get rocked or dazed by those strikes and in the odd chance that you did... clearly you know and would execute the ultimate game plan to end up victorious at the end of the day. Have you reached out to Cowboys camp to see if you can give him some advice?? I'm sure he's dying to hear it.

"Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Solus

Robin
Acting that a fight like this would ever even need to be fixed gives Cowboy a lot more credit than he deserves. The guy has wilted badly in practically every single big fight he's ever had and he was coming off of another first round KO loss 3 months ago and a brutal beatdown 3 months prior to that. The answer to beating him has always been getting in his face as quickly as possible and McGregor is at his absolute best in the first round before his cardio issues present themselves and this isn't even getting into the fact that Conor is a vastly more disciplined and talented striker than Cerrone ever has been or will be.

It was spot-on gimme matchmaking to bring the promotions golden boy back to winning ways against an extremely favourable matchup on a losing streak. There's no reason to get any more conspiratorial about it.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
I like how not a single person came in here with a prediction, but everyone obviously knew that Conor was gonna smash Cowboy's face in with his shoulder.

Give me a fucking break.

LeBeau

Ostrich
Gold Member
VNvet said:
Cr33pin said:

Literally no one on this thread said they could beat McGregor, so what are you whining about?

Of course, it's scripted. There is way too much money on the line in Vegas and the UFC to leave these things up to chance - the fight was literally in Vegas in a venue owned and operated by MGM, c'mon. The same thing applies to every sport, though.
The irony of one of the worst new posters of the past year, calling out an established member like Cr33pin, when the newbie whines about conspiracies in threads all over the forum.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Throwing a match by anything other than submission would be like playing Russian roulette where the prize for losing would be to become a drooling retard for the rest of your life.

Sometimes heavy hits don't rock you. Sometimes light hits do. It can be quite random. People that have taken enough hits in their life know this. If someone were faking then the game would be to fake heavy shock from a heavy strike. Not heavy shock from a light strike.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I know this guy doesn't have the same merit and expertise as our fellow RVF keyboard warriors... but lets here what he has to say about the fight

It really was Connor Day on Chael's channel. Like he turned off the camera and went "oh wait" then turned it back on and started talking about Connor again, for 16 or so hours in a row.

In all seriousness though, I've never liked McGregor but his new attitude is making me a fan. Seems like getting mauled by Khabib made him take his life and his fighting more seriously, avoiding alcohol and acting more humble. Way different attitude than just a few years ago.

One of the great contributions of MMA is the virtual elimination of the fake martial arts pushers:

The reason is because all those supposedly strong fighters were quickly shown their shortcomings. The same went for some ancient martial arts that were also quickly debunked as mostly good for stretching yourself or moving your body, but not when it comes to actual combat.