Any of you guys MMA fans?

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
^ Dude you must be out of your mind to believe That! An MMA fighter with basic wrestling (which are most of them now) can smoke 98% of people in a street fight. Now one with fantastic Jiu-jitsu, or Sambo like Khabib... and forget about it!

There's a reason why most of the MMA Champ have an extremely strong Base in Wrestling

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
Ok so where you live street fight is combat .. yet you had it often enough to start making statistics ? :)
Different streets different animals I guess.

Rush87

Ostrich
Khabib and Tony are cursed. Literally had the fight called off what? 4 times. Almost certain to go ahead now, both fighters healthy and ready to go, then we get a "pandemic". FML.

Rush87 said:
Khabib and Tony are cursed. Literally had the fight called off what? 4 times. Almost certain to go ahead now, both fighters healthy and ready to go, then we get a "pandemic". FML.
Is it officialy cancelled?

Oberrheiner said:
Ok so where you live street fight is combat .. yet you had it often enough to start making statistics ? :)
Different streets different animals I guess.
Unless you're talking about a combatant bringing a weapon to a fight you're wrong. Someone trained in MMA (and good) would do very well in a streetfight.

SLV

Really enjoyed watching the fights, great to have some sport back! Although, I did get some pangs of conscience watching the damage these guys are taking and thinking about their long term health - especially thinking about Tony Ferguson and his mental health episodes that were reported in MMA media circles not so long ago.
Ferguson has been one of the most entertaining fighters over the past few years and is one dude I would not want to get into a fight with!

murmurmur

Pigeon
Really enjoyed watching the fights, great to have some sport back! Although, I did get some pangs of conscience watching the damage these guys are taking and thinking about their long term health - especially thinking about Tony Ferguson and his mental health episodes that were reported in MMA media circles not so long ago.
Ferguson has been one of the most entertaining fighters over the past few years and is one dude I would not want to get into a fight with!
Well, compared to fifteen or so years ago, fewer fighters should be getting CTE From this sport given the rules that have been added. But fundamentally, I don't think this sport can be made risk-free. I'm thinking of Nick Diaz and others with hard chins.