Any of you guys MMA fans?

The characteristics of the sinful and unrepentant male mimics SJW behaviour quite closely:

Quote-mines posts, conveniently editing out the portion that shows his foolishness.

Cannot (or refuses to) provide a competent rebuttal, so he reacts to counsel/discipline with video-clips/memes/gifs/rants, or similar emotional outbursts.

'+1d' and validated by his fellow snowflakes, who also provide no competent rebuttal.

Perverse mindset that deliberatly seeks out violence - whether through fantasy, entertainment, or action - in order to overcompensate for his own feelings of inferiority.

Unable (or unwilling) to see his original error, thereby guaranteeing that self-improvement will not take place.

Most importantly, if nothing else, make sure to (re)read my unaltered OP in this thread and put two & two together about Who you are actually mocking and rebelling against. I am not the one that any of us must ultimately answer to, so please reconsider the attitude, for your sakes.

Goodnight, gentlemen.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
The characteristics of the sinful and unrepentant male mimics SJW behaviour quite closely:

Quote-mines posts, conveniently editing out the portion that shows his foolishness.

Cannot (or refuses to) provide a competent rebuttal, so he reacts to counsel/discipline with video-clips/memes/gifs/rants, or similar emotional outbursts.

'+1d' and validated by his fellow snowflakes, who also provide no competent rebuttal.

Perverse mindset that deliberatly seeks out violence - whether through fantasy, entertainment, or action - in order to overcompensate for his own feelings of inferiority.

Unable (or unwilling) to see his original error, thereby guaranteeing that self-improvement will not take place.

Most importantly, if nothing else, make sure to (re)read my unaltered OP in this thread and put two & two together about Who you are actually mocking and rebelling against. I am not the one that any of us must ultimately answer to, so please reconsider the attitude, for your sakes.

Goodnight, gentlemen.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
"Any of you guys MMA fans?"

No.

Psalms 11:5
Galatians 5:22-23
James 3:18
The first of those is the only one of the three that could be read as having anything whatsoever to do with combat sports, and even there it's a huge stretch. Combat sports competition under a set of rules with willing participants is not remotely the same thing as committing acts of violence against innocent people.

The first of those is the only one of the three that could be read as having anything whatsoever to do with combat sports, and even there it's a huge stretch. Combat sports competition under a set of rules with willing participants is not remotely the same thing as committing acts of violence against innocent people.
^^A respectable response. Thank you.

This thread was started when this website was pretty much Godless. In light of the new direction it has taken, I simply left my OP with no intent to make it personal. Some chose to 'set themselves up for more' with weak reactions (and subsequent doubling down, it seems).

MMA, boxing, dogfighting, crowds gathering to watch a street brawl - it's all the same mindset as those who flooded the Roman Colosseum to watch the Gladiator games. Do you really want to be like them?

Even if the environment is 'controlled', the /intent/is still there, both from the Spectators and the willing Participants.
Revelling in bloodsport.

Gentlemen, you're better than that, if you choose to be. As with all things, the final decision to (dis)continue this kind of entertainment is the responsibility of each person.

I'll see you 'round the forums.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
^^A respectable response. Thank you.

This thread was started when this website was pretty much Godless. In light of the new direction it has taken, I simply left my OP with no intent to make it personal. Some chose to 'set themselves up for more' with weak reactions (and subsequent doubling down, it seems).

MMA, boxing, dogfighting, crowds gathering to watch a street brawl - it's all the same mindset as those who flooded the Roman Colosseum to watch the Gladiator games. Do you really want to be like them?

Even if the environment is 'controlled', the /intent/is still there, both from the Spectators and the willing Participants.
Revelling in bloodsport.

Gentlemen, you're better than that, if you choose to be. As with all things, the final decision to (dis)continue this kind of entertainment is the responsibility of each person.

I'll see you 'round the forums.
Two key differences between MMA/boxing and the gladiator games. First, fighters today choose to step into the ring or octagon, gladiators as well as those thrown into the stadiums to be killed by animals were mostly slaves or prisoners who had no choice. Second, these fighters are not going out to end each other's lives (it can happen in MMA/boxing, just as it can in American football, rugby, hockey, etc, but it is extremely rare and not the intent of the sport).

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Can't wait for Gaethje to fight again to Porier? I mean, whoever wins with the two will fight Nurmagededov, right?
Gaethje is fighting Khabib next, although who knows when that will go down with the latter's father dying recently. I'd like to see Poirier vs Ferguson for the next title shot after that.

I enjoyed seeing the Joe Rogan podcast where Jocko Willnick, the navy seal, was the special guest. They both got really animated as they talked about mma, and they explained the fighting skills and strategies have really evolved, since when it started getting popular as a sport. Willnick is 5'11 and 240 pounds, which makes him practically a human gorilla! He has a training dojo in his house. Oh, and he has even written a series of children's books about being in shape and standing up to bullies.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Who you got? "El Cucuy" X Poirier? I bet Poirer for now. Then Gaethje rematch with Poirer? Slick.
2 months ago I'd have said Ferguson over Poirier.....that beating he took from Gaethje, I don't know that he's ever going to be the same fighter again at his age. But I do think given the circumstances of the fight and his winning streak heading into it he should have the opportunity to fight for another title shot.

complex24

2 months ago I'd have said Ferguson over Poirier.....that beating he took from Gaethje, I don't know that he's ever going to be the same fighter again at his age. But I do think given the circumstances of the fight and his winning streak heading into it he should have the opportunity to fight for another title shot.
I think end of this year. Gaethje X Nurmagededov. Gaethje doesn't want to fight Connor. He wants the Bear!

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Who knows if McGregor even still wants to fight, but he certainly doesn't deserve a title shot right off the bat and a win over a washed up Cowboy doesn't change that. Poirier-Ferguson seems like the next logical #1 contender fight to me and I could see McGregor in the mix but if he's serious about getting another shot at the LW belt I think he needs to fight and beat either Oliveira or Holloway (or Hooker, but I don't see him fighting again anytime soon) next and then hope that the Gaethje-Khabib and Poirier-Ferguson fights set up a situation where the #1 contender has recently lost to the champ (ie Tony and Gaethje both win or Khabib and Poirier both win) in which case I could see a case for the new #1 contender to fight off vs McGregor. That's also assuming the Gaethje-Khabib fight isn't a close decision (especially Gaethje winning a close decision), which given those two guys' styles is highly unlikely but if it happens could result in an immediate rematch. Alternatively Conor could forget about the LW belt for the time being and go for the money fights against Masvidal, maybe the Diaz trilogy.

Gaethje and Masvidal are my two favorite fighters in the game right now, hoping for big things going forward for both of those guys. Jorge will need another quality win (maybe Covington or Woodley) to earn another shot at the title--although that could change if Burns beats Usman--but I'd like to see what he can do against Marty with a full camp.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
This kid is a smart and smooth striker.... He is one of the fighters that seems to have a vision for strikes that can not be taught