Peacock
Gold Member
Wowzers
The Holloway vs Katter fight was WILD
source.gif

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
khabib needa come outta retirement and fight tony ferguson. i wanna know which discipline is better; wrestling or bjj?? im thinkin the former.
Unfortunately that fight will never be. Tony's now on a 2 fight loosing streak, so lost his concensus # 2 spot as the best lightweight in the world. With Conor loosing as well, it's now GSP or bust for Mr. Dagestan!

CDRhodes

Sparrow
I prefer to watch pure grappling events these days, as it’s more applicable to me. I miss the old Pride FC and early UFC days though. I could watch old clips of Don Frye and Wanderlei Silva all day.

CDRhodes

Sparrow
I watched all the fights, but the sport turned circus (fighters simulating friction outside the octagon), equal to football.
One of the things that appealed to me about MMA originally was the class and sportsmanship displayed by the fighters. There was a lot of mutual respect. Fedor was one of the last guys that I remember acting like that. Like you said, it almost has an air of WWE theatrics and trashiness about it now.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
He said in an interview that he views himself as an “elite” level boxer...despite only fighting people who don’t actually train in the sport of boxing.

Right, but the question is if he actually believes it or if he's just trying to hype himself. If it's schtick then he'll be careful not to take a fight with an actual boxer or even an MMA fighter with a modicum of striking ability.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
Right, but the question is if he actually believes it or if he's just trying to hype himself. If it's schtick then he'll be careful not to take a fight with an actual boxer or even an MMA fighter with a modicum of striking ability.
I don't see him taking a fight with anyone competent. That fight against Askren shouldn't have been stopped either.

Rush87

Hummingbird
There’s no point in fighting someone who is a, his size or b, actually has standup skills as an mma fighter because he’ll lose. He can fight matches like Ben for years and get 10s of millions.