Any of you guys MMA fans?

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
There’s no point in fighting someone who is a, his size or b, actually has standup skills as an mma fighter because he’ll lose. He can fight matches like Ben for years and get 10s of millions.

I'm not sure he can though? Askren is a throwback in a lot of ways, probably the last high-level MMA fighter we'll ever see who has absolutely zero striking skills. Even if you look at a guy like Khabib his offensive striking was not great but light years ahead of Askren's (and his striking defense was a very underrated aspect of his skill set). Paul's options seem to be a) call out other random celebrities, who in most cases he'd probably destroy b) fight almost any other big name MMA fighter and get knocked on his ass or c) fight an actual pro boxer, probably someone nobody has ever heard of, and get destroyed. In terms of names that have been thrown around the most similar to Askren would probably be Dillon Dannis, but he's not going to make a ton of money fighting someone that nobody outside of BJJ/MMA diehards have ever heard of.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Kind of wild what happened to Weidman.... I never cared much for the way he celebrated when it happened to Anderson Silva during their fight. I still don't wish it upon anyone and I am not in any way happy it happened to him. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

"this is nasty" warning

Last edited:
Kind of wild what happened to Weidman.... I never cared much for the way he celebrated when it happened to Anderson Silva during their fight. I still don't wish it upon anyone and I am not in any way happy it happened to him. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

"this is nasty" warning

I watched it live, crazy card, full of awesome results. I got all the main cards right, but the manner it occurred was surprising. Did you expect Usman to crack Masvidal with one shot? Rose with head kick? Anthony taking our Krutes knee? Crazy event.
That video of Weidman is hard to watch, but I was not supersized he lost, he looks brittle compared to Weidman 5 years ago. Also I don't respect his camp, the Ray Lango cheaters, they train to bait opponents to knee them illegally, I remember Weidman trying to bait one opponent in of the fights it backfired as he ate a legal knee, but his buddy Aljemain pulled it off correctly and is know a champ.:rolleyes:

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
940f6980-d694-4739-aefb-df346afcd0f3.jpg

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Same. Dustin clearly won the round even before the ankle snap.

Conor's trash talk after the match was shameful.
McGregor's career has steadily declined. He's a turd human who was on welfare at one point.

Other than one fight against Cowboy Cirone, his recent fights have been lackluster at best.

All he has is trash talk. At this point it's just comeuppance.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Most impressive fighter tonight was the rookie that survived O’Malley’s toying with him and never lost heart or bearing.
Herb Dean should have let the kid finish. Maybe he was trying to send a message that his fighting style is too reckless. :laughter:
I did the same thing a couple times when I was sparring Muay Thai. Pressure fighting is a rush.

As for O'Malley, he's got potential. He could really be big on the scene in a few more fights.

Grow Bag

Pelican
McGregor broke his ankle and lost to Poirier. He was unable to continue after the first round due to an injury.

Wasn't sleeping so I watched it. McGregor didn't look a likely winner from the start. Hopefully we've seen the last of him now.

McGregor's career has steadily declined. He's a turd human who was on welfare at one point.

Other than one fight against Cowboy Cirone, his recent fights have been lackluster at best.

All he has is trash talk. At this point it's just comeuppance.

McGregor wasn't on welfare - he was on jobseekers allowance (which was 188 euro per week at the time). This is why he named his yacht '188' - to remind himself of where he came from. Job seekers allowance in Ireland would be the equivalent to unemployment insurance in the United States.

After school he became an apprentice plumber and he left his apprenticeship in order to train in MMA. He was living with his girlfriend and she was working full-time and he was receiving jobseekers allowance (188 per week).

Technically he was breaking the rules as he wasn't actively seeking employment, however, he wasn't on welfare. What he did was no different from what construction workers do in the US - when the construction season slows down in wintertime they apply for unemployment insurance.