Any Roosh V Bikers?

bmw633

Woodpecker
Hi,

Was reading an article recently about motorcyclists average age getting older and older.

You younger guys are missing out on a whole lot of fun if you have not ridden a bike. Much more fun than video games,
IMHO.

Photo is of me and my oldest daughter on the Blue Ridge Parkway, NC, on a 3 day trip through Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

Attachments

• tail of the dragon2.jpg
    tail of the dragon2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 39

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
Yep, I've had bikes on and off since I was 14. There's plenty of young guys who have bikes in the UK, but you're right in saying that it does seem to be a thing for the over 50s, especially the more expensive models. It comes down to disposable income in the end.

bmw633

Woodpecker
Yep, I've had bikes on and off since I was 14. There's plenty of young guys who have bikes in the UK, but you're right in saying that it does seem to be a thing for the over 50s, especially the more expensive models. It comes down to disposable income in the end.
Let's see what bikes you have.

The silver 1991 Honda ST1100 I picked up for $2000. The bike behind me my daughter was riding is a 1985 Yamaha Virago 700, which costs $1500. Here is another photo of her below.

Attachments

• 1385690091769.jpg
    1385690091769.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
Yeah, I saw it was what we call a Honda Pan European. The ST1100 is a great bike for chewing up the miles.

I'd like to tell you what I ride these days, but there are only one of two of them in the area I live and I won't post photos or details that would help identify me on this site. I'm a dissident living in a police state and many things I write could be construed as hate speech in the UK.

Let's see what bikes you have.

The silver 1991 Honda ST1100 I picked up for $2000. The bike behind me my daughter was riding is a 1985 Yamaha Virago 700, which costs $1500. Here is another photo of her below.
Quick reminder that this forum is monitored by a wide variety of three letter agencies + all sorts of leftist scumbags

Would not post pictures of family members if I were you.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
I've had my license a very long time, had smaller engined two wheeler in my twenties and recently owned something much bigger with almost ninety horsepower. Classic type of bike with shiny parts and tailpipes, but not enough chrome. It made a good, loud noise. Could not use all its power safely with my skill level, but am disciplined to ride within skill limits. Was fun, it was very much a rocket. I like the smell of the leathers, reminds me of when I used to do it back in the day. I use them more in the city though, not so much into the touring, not yet at least. Will be doing some more of it in the future.

30+ years on bikes. My current ride is a mid-90s 1100cc monster that goes very fast very quickly. Never gets old.

My all time favourite was my '85 Suzuki GS1150EF, that bike had a soul and was bulletproof. Lost it in a fire otherwise I'd still be riding it to this day.

My buddy recently bought a Triumph T100 and I must say it's very nice; deceptively small but well suited for long cruising.

I try to do as much wrenching as I can; it gets easier when you know that you're not going to invalidate the warranty on the fuel-injection computer or something similarly expensive.

Younger people just aren't getting into riding and the manufacturers are going crazy with marketing aimed at urban hipster types hoping to reel in a new generation.

MtnMan

Woodpecker
I'm 37, been riding bikes since I was around 8. Still have the very first bike that I learned to ride on. It was owned by my dad's dad, and then my moms father bought it from him in 1975 to use as a farm bike. All my cousins and I learned how to ride on it. 1971 Honda Sl100. I will teach my kids how to ride on it.

I have had too many bikes to count over the years, mostly 250cc two stroke motocross bikes.
Street bikes have been:
1981 honda cb750
1970's xs650 chopper
2001 yamaha r6
2003 honda vfr800
1997 yamaha vmax1200

Currently the only bike I have is my suzuki rmx250(and the old honda 100 I learned on) which is a two stroke woods bike. Its great for getting around the extremely rough terrain where I live. I would like to get back into it more at some point, but I have a house I am building, work full time, have a 15 month old daughter and plan on having another. I am also working on saving to start a small excavation company. Not too much time or money left over for bikes at this stage in life.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
My 600 GSXR (and my guns) sadly I sold it before moving down to South America. I have owned two of this same year and paint scheme gixxer... in my opinion it's the best looking rocket ever made. I have also owned a 1000rr and two 600rr Hondas. Honestly I prefer 600cc over 1000cc bikes, you can stay high in the rpms on a 600cc bike and get the engine screaming and still be in more control than you can at high revs on a 1000. Bikes are a lot of fun but also a lot of danger, I watched as a few of my friends went down and it's a nasty and scary sight.
18519565_10154343057231090_3996663695646171493_n.jpg

Easy_C

Peacock
Used to be. Big V-Twin, went on rides around the patch community and had some friends in veteran/Christian groups.

I recommend it for that reason alone. If you know how to carry yourself well you’ll meet a lot of bases, aware people who have their own community outside the mainstream.

bmw633

Woodpecker
I'm 37, been riding bikes since I was around 8. Still have the very first bike that I learned to ride on. It was owned by my dad's dad, and then my moms father bought it from him in 1975 to use as a farm bike. All my cousins and I learned how to ride on it. 1971 Honda Sl100. I will teach my kids how to ride on it.

I have had too many bikes to count over the years, mostly 250cc two stroke motocross bikes.
Street bikes have been:
1981 honda cb750
1970's xs650 chopper
2001 yamaha r6
2003 honda vfr800
1997 yamaha vmax1200

Currently the only bike I have is my suzuki rmx250(and the old honda 100 I learned on) which is a two stroke woods bike. Its great for getting around the extremely rough terrain where I live. I would like to get back into it more at some point, but I have a house I am building, work full time, have a 15 month old daughter and plan on having another. I am also working on saving to start a small excavation company. Not too much time or money left over for bikes at this stage in life.
That is just a temporary point in your life. I took a hiatus in motorcycles once the babies came, but once they got old enough, I started riding again.

Having good insurance in case you get hurt is really important, especially with small kids.

Peacock
Gold Member
I got my first bike at 15, a 2-stroke Yamaha 125 DTLC which I managed to ride until I was old enough to ride it legally almost a year later...

My last bike was a 1985 Honda XL600R, one of the most beautiful bikes ever made, and like most good trail dual purpose bikes, is the perfect city bike (ignore potholes, speed bumps, park on sidewalks, ride the occasional country trail, light and upright riding position, bulletproof low maintenance engine). I bought it used in near mint condition in 91 and rode it for over a decade.

2-995-1985-honda-xl600r-showroom-collector-condition-xl600-americanlisted_29913485.jpg