Anybody here own a firearm?

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
sterling_archer said:
I am looking at this glock and can't seem to get the idea behind it. What really distinguishes it from G17 or G19?

First time I shot a G19 was right after shooting a G17, and I gave myself a nasty blood blister on the palm when I took a big pinch of skin between the mag and mag well as I slammed the magazine in. Ouch. So I think the G19 may be a bit small for me; as such, on paper the 19X seems like it would be a good compromise.

Held a 19X the other day, and it fit me nicely; just like a 17. That being said, I really don't see why I wouldn't just get a 17; the difference in size (to my un-Glock-trained eye) is negligible.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
If concealed carry is out of the question then just get the bigger gun. Moreover it rarely pays to be an early adopter of a new model when it comes to guns.

It's nice to be able to buy accessories online without having to wonder if the old shit will fit the new gun.

MOVSM

Pelican
Gold Member
vinman said:
In the last few weeks I've bought a Smith & Wesson M&P Pro, M&P CORE, and a CZ Shadow 2. I might need an intervention.

I know people who self-impose a limitation--no more than one (1) gun per year/month/week (circle what your wallet can stand).

realologist

Ostrich
Gold Member
vinman said:
In the last few weeks I've bought a Smith & Wesson M&P Pro, M&P CORE, and a CZ Shadow 2. I might need an intervention.

Vinman's place

5414090216_5a165ab50e_z.jpg

General Stalin

Crow
Gold Member
vinman said:

I know that feel when you walk into a gun store to just "look around" and walk out with not one but two new guns.

JackinMelbourne said:
Is this thread only firearms or can we talk accessories as well?

Which spotting scopes are all of you guys using (if any?) and what do you mostly use it for?

Leupold.

I find it useful for making objects appear much closer than their actual distance. :icon_biggrin:

JackinMelbourne

Banned
Dulceácido said:
JackinMelbourne said:
Is this thread only firearms or can we talk accessories as well?

Which spotting scopes are all of you guys using (if any?) and what do you mostly use it for?

Leupold.

I find it useful for making objects appear much closer than their actual distance. :icon_biggrin:

What mag power, what glass quality? At what distance can you still see holes on targets?

Do you also use it for surveillance of titties from your apartment, house, car or boat?

Do the edges of objects have colour bleed? (important if planning on taking photos through it)

etc ;)

General Stalin

Crow
Gold Member
I just use 'noccers. I'll get a spotting scope if I ever find it being a limiting factor in my hunting, but for now I'm cool with my Vortex Diamonbacks 10x42. I use em on a tripod for glassing and they are great. I use all Vortex optics. Vortex glass on both my rifles as well.

vinman

Hummingbird
Gold Member
realologist said:
vinman said:

Vinman's place

5414090216_5a165ab50e_z.jpg

I had to go buy a new safe because the old one was full. So now I have 2. One with the guns I shoot often, and the other for the guns I don't really shoot much.

vinman

Hummingbird
Gold Member
General Stalin said:
I just use 'noccers. I'll get a spotting scope if I ever find it being a limiting factor in my hunting, but for now I'm cool with my Vortex Diamonbacks 10x42. I use em on a tripod for glassing and they are great. I use all Vortex optics. Vortex glass on both my rifles as well.

Vortex optics changed the game. Before them you couldn't find good glass at a decent price. Now some of the higher end companies are dropping their prices because Vortex is killing the game. Except for companies like NightForce because they have Military and Fed contracts.

General Stalin

Crow
Gold Member
I don't know anything about this competition, but if it's a controlled sit-and-shoot scenario then I don't see it being particularly applicable to real-life combat scenarios. For example, the Army Nation Guard I could see doing very well since they never deploy anywhere and spend just about all their time sitting on the range, PT'ing, and other weekend warrior type BS. Basically training endlessly. Guys in the field don't have the time to be putting in hours and hours sitting and pinging steel targets at 1000 yards all day everyday.