Anybody here own a firearm?

tomzestatlu

Kingfisher
Agnostic
MOVSM said:
That's cool: Czech Republic PM Gives President Trump A CZ 75 Republika Pistol

Aktuálně.cz | Foto: Prohlédněte si pistoli z České zbrojovky, kterou Babiš obdaruje Trumpa

Czech PM is Our Man: “Mr. President, I watched your 2019 State of the Union Address, and I perfectly understand your plan: how to make America great again. I have a similar plan - to make the Czech Republic great again.”

060da08108ca3f3da99b0b8bfb4c30b5_resize=1355,1063_.png

czub_cz_75_republika_18187_upr.jpg
That´s a 100 pieces limited edition of CZ75 created by Ceska Zbrojovka for 100th anniversary of founding Czechoslovakia (it´s Czech company). Really beautiful piece of gun.

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Man Uses AK-47 Against 5 Home Invaders, Killing 3 And Injuring 2

HOUSTON, TEXAS — A man fought for his life against not one, not two, but five armed men who broke into his home. This gun owner was prepared for a fight, and utilized his AK-47 to defend his home and his life.

Two masked men went into the home where the 20-year-old resident was. At first, he though it was a joke, but quickly realized that these armed men meant business.

When they demanded cash, the resident complied. At least, that’s what he wanted them to believe. He said that he was going for what they wanted and reached under the couch.

Instead of pulling out money, he instead pulled out his AK-47 and began shooting at the suspects.

hree of the men were killed, and the other two were injured. Both injured suspects were taken to the hospital and then arrested.

"The defender pursued the invaders into the front yard. The pile of brass in the front yard has been described as being from several different guns

The defender continued the gunfight with three occupants of the car that delivered the two home invaders. The group fled the scene in the car.

The car crashed a couple of blocks away. One suspect was found in the car, dead. One wounded suspect was found at Capitol and 71st Street, he was the suspect that died at the hospital. The third suspect from the car was wounded, fled the scene, and was being treated in the hospital."

The resident was not wounded during the incident, and police do not expect any charges to be filed. What this 20-year-old did was something that couldn’t be done unarmed, and he very well could have saved his own life that day.

He showed skill, and maintained his cool under pressure. His approach of pretend compliance is what made this self-defense as successful as it was, by completely catching his aggressors off guard, even though it was their full intention to catch their target victim in the same manner.

nairobian

Banned
My cuz works in Las Vegas,home of the worlds largest gun show,acres of space of established,new entrants and small boutique makers showing their new products. The Shot Show is open only to retailers,law enforcement and distros but my cuz is close to the State hotel biz.
I wanted a 5 mn vid of the new AR stands,especially the Falkor but it wasn't to be.

Isinyanga ukulungisa

Banned
Other Christian
Have a Stoeger 3000 straight pull 12 gauge for up close and personal, and a Savage 22 LR with a good scope that gets all the small game easily should I need to , never saw the need to own a bigger caliber for shooting over 200 meters , always thought if I could see trouble coming that far off I could choose other means of dealing with it

canuckj

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Pretty neat YouTube video from Ukraine of a guy training a bunch of teens in small unit tactics using AKs. Although I am no expert there seems to be a lot of practical drills in there.

Isinyanga ukulungisa

Banned
Other Christian

Trewolla

Banned
Protestant
I used to be quite the firearm enthusiast,...cast my own bullets from old wheelwrights,...handloaded for everything I had. I've kind of lost interest in them to a point. But I still keep a couple around. My interest today is in highly concealable, effective defensive tools. My most recent purchase in a Ruger LC Max--a very light, highly concealable .380 auto with a 10 round magazine capacity. I handload 100 grain hard cast, flat point bullets to about 975 fps for it. It fits comfortably enough in the front pocket of a loose fitting pair of jeans. But I purchased an "inside the waistband" holster for it to make it easier to access. The whole rig pretty much disappears under a summer weight shirt. It has effective sights and a Glock style trigger. For its size its amazingly accurate at defensive use distances.

I carry it when I'm forced to go into high crime areas,...which is infrequent. For the most part, my strategy for avoiding trouble is to stay out of places where trouble is common.

For those of you who aren't afforded that luxury, I recommend one of these as a carrying companion. But use top shelf ammo. A .380 is about as small a caliber as you should depend on for defensive purposes. But the popularity of small, concealable, .380 caliber pistols has cause the ammo manufacturers to introduce some effective ammo for them. As mentioned, I use hard cast solids for their penetrating ability. But you may have different thoughts on the matter.

The Ruger LC Max.

Stoyan

Pelican
Orthodox
Pretty neat YouTube video from Ukraine of a guy training a bunch of teens in small unit tactics using AKs. Although I am no expert there seems to be a lot of practical drills in there.

They gonna throw those boys into the damn meat grinder!

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
Don't admit to owning a firearm on the internet. Imagine if the USA follows Canada in banning firearms and they may look through forums like this for proof of gun ownership. It is OK to share advice about guns, but don't directly admit to owning a gun, bow and arrow, large knife, pepper spray, or a sword. The ban on weapons won't stop with guns.

Trewolla

Banned
Protestant
Don't admit to owning a firearm on the internet. Imagine if the USA follows Canada in banning firearms and they may look through forums like this for proof of gun ownership. It is OK to share advice about guns, but don't directly admit to owning a gun, bow and arrow, large knife, pepper spray, or a sword. The ban on weapons won't stop with guns.
If it was transferred with a 4473 the feds can find out.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
@Stoyan, this isn't directed solely at you personally, but check it out:

What does that have to do with gun ownership?

Just because they are Ukrainian and are in a war against Russia doesn't mean it's bad information for ttps regarding firearm use and training.

Not everything has to be a political statement. It's like the same vein of people who are saying i stand with Ukraine, there has to be a pro Russia voice doing the same thing on the other end.

This forum needs to find a middle ground in between Russia good and Ukraine bad and recognize that people have all sorts of reasons for wanting to fight regardless.

Also, i would point out that on the whole there is anti Russian sentiment abroad, I've seen as much comments on this forum regarding Ukrainians who are fighting for their idea of a homeland also that is equally as racist. Replace Ukies with nigger and see how it reads.

I think we all get it, Russia is not the bad guy, and the Ukrainian Regime is ran by Jews and pagan fools. But it's foolish to constantly insult your average Ukranian whose fighting for their idea of their nation. Especially when it's by internet nobodies whom gave never been on the receiving end of a two way range.

Now regarding Aks, check out Jim Fuller and Rifle Dynamics. He makes great Aks, and there is a lot of good info on circles that follow him with regard to training.

I also strongly recommend Paul Howe.

He's the guy who in Black Hawk Down they need SSgt Sheppard off of, but he gave Mark Bowden the AAR notes as the delta forces team leader on scene.

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
@Stoyan, this isn't directed solely at you personally, but check it out:

What does that have to do with gun ownership?

Just because they are Ukrainian and are in a war against Russia doesn't mean it's bad information for ttps regarding firearm use and training.

Not everything has to be a political statement. It's like the same vein of people who are saying i stand with Ukraine, there has to be a pro Russia voice doing the same thing on the other end.

This forum needs to find a middle ground in between Russia good and Ukraine bad and recognize that people have all sorts of reasons for wanting to fight regardless.

Also, i would point out that on the whole there is anti Russian sentiment abroad, I've seen as much comments on this forum regarding Ukrainians who are fighting for their idea of a homeland also that is equally as racist. Replace Ukies with nigger and see how it reads.

I think we all get it, Russia is not the bad guy, and the Ukrainian Regime is ran by Jews and pagan fools. But it's foolish to constantly insult your average Ukranian whose fighting for their idea of their nation. Especially when it's by internet nobodies whom gave never been on the receiving end of a two way range.

Now regarding Aks, check out Jim Fuller and Rifle Dynamics. He makes great Aks, and there is a lot of good info on circles that follow him with regard to training.

I also strongly recommend Paul Howe.

He's the guy who in Black Hawk Down they need SSgt Sheppard off of, but he gave Mark Bowden the AAR notes as the delta forces team leader on scene.

They are nice, but I can't imagine someone paying $3,000 for a stamped AK. Only way to rationalize that price on an AK would be milled with some custom work or included accessories imo. Maybe the Jim Fuller or RD name carries value that I don't know about.

Last edited:

canuckj

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Or maybe defend their villages and families? I posted this to get a reaction on the content not to support any side in the Ukraine conflict. Most shooters I know only shoot off benches at flat ranges and have no training to fight. I have little expertise in this area and am looking for simple drills that will help in an SHTF situation.

nailgun101

Chicken
Protestant
I treat collecting firearms as a fun hobby. Didn't get into it because protection but got into it because I was red pilled on WW2 about 40 years ago when truth wasn't censored as much and you could actually find publications about why the Germans did what they did. When I found out you could actually own the same firearms that the Wehrmacht used, I went bonkers. I have what they call a C&R license which lets other license owners ship guns that are 50 years or older to my home. So firearms made before 1972 should be fair game. I have several K98s, G43s, Mauser & Walther Pistols, even a several Arisakas which all have tripled in price since I purchased them. Told my kids that when I go, they are going to be very wealthy. Downfall is the feds know that I own this license that lets me collect flintlocks but no official transaction records are kept.

Are there any other C&R license owners out there?

7-5

Sparrow
Other Christian
For those of you who aren't afforded that luxury, I recommend one of these as a carrying companion. But use top shelf ammo. A .380 is about as small a caliber as you should depend on for defensive purposes. But the popularity of small, concealable, .380 caliber pistols has cause the ammo manufacturers to introduce some effective ammo for them. As mentioned, I use hard cast solids for their penetrating ability. But you may have different thoughts on the matter.

@Trewolla : Have you had good luck training/shooting 380?
When I started, I went with 380 under the newbie rational that 'hey, it's smaller than 9mm... So it must be easier to find and cheaper!'
About 4 years later... Learned that wasn't so the hard way (least in my area). Every guntuber I watch says 380 isnt worth it... But I feel like it could have life in it yet.

@MartyMcFly : Not a bad concern to have. And I won't try to dissuade you from it.
I don't mind fighting that battle, personally.
Not trying to sound tough or macho (I'd really rather it not happen), but freedoms must be defended. Sometimes that means you win, sometimes that means you lose.