Anybody here own a firearm?

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
Don't admit to owning a firearm on the internet. Imagine if the USA follows Canada in banning firearms and they may look through forums like this for proof of gun ownership. It is OK to share advice about guns, but don't directly admit to owning a gun, bow and arrow, large knife, pepper spray, or a sword. The ban on weapons won't stop with guns.
Sidebar for my American friends, from a Canadian:

Registration = confiscation

Every time.

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
It is (currently) a fairly straight forward process to purchase a suppressor in 42 states in the US, with a wait time of ~ a year for the paperwork and stamp processing. If that interests you, you might take the opportunity to do so. Not so if you live in CA, DE, D.C., HI, IL, MA, NY, NJ, or RI, without being an FFL dealer.

Sanctus

Woodpecker
Protestant
Sadly, no. Australia makes it quite hard to get one. Americans need to wake up and start realising that their guns are going to be taken off them very soon.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
They are nice, but I can't imagine someone paying $3,000 for a stamped AK. Only way to rationalize that price on an AK would be milled with some custom work or included accessories imo. Maybe the Jim Fuller or RD name carries value that I don't know about.
His aks are Cadillac's and made to tighter specs than your Soviet block mass produced stuff. Typically the value added piece is to go to one of his workshops and build one with him and effectively learn the tools for becoming an armorer.

I don't own aks (or officially any guns since they were lost in a boating accident wink wink) but hes a credible source for all things AK related. You don't have to buy his guns to take a look at the AK and gun industry news he comments on.

inthefade

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
I don't own aks (or officially any guns since they were lost in a boating accident
That's strange. I lost mine the same way along with all my precious metals! Small world.

Sadly, no. Australia makes it quite hard to get one. Americans need to wake up and start realising that their guns are going to be taken off them very soon.
No, that can't, and won't happen.

Trewolla

Banned
Protestant
@Trewolla : Have you had good luck training/shooting 380?
When I started, I went with 380 under the newbie rational that 'hey, it's smaller than 9mm... So it must be easier to find and cheaper!'
About 4 years later... Learned that wasn't so the hard way (least in my area). Every guntuber I watch says 380 isnt worth it... But I feel like it could have life in it yet.

The LCP Max is easier than the original LCP to shoot accurately because of it's improved "Glock like" trigger. .380 ammo is expensive and hard to find because small pistols chambered in .380 have become very popular.

They're a compromise.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
The LCP Max is easier than the original LCP to shoot accurately because of it's improved "Glock like" trigger. .380 ammo is expensive and hard to find because small pistols chambered in .380 have become very popular.

They're a compromise.
Right now bullet tech in 9mm is making it the smartest choice of all handgun rounds in relation to magazine capacity, ammo availability, and price point, and terminal ballistics.

That being said, i know a guy who used a 380 and killed a dude... Shot him in the chest, dude fought with him for another 5 mins before dying.

Handguns are impotent man stoppers compared to long guns, so shot placement is king.

Think of the body like a car:

Do you cut the electoral wire (CNS via the T spine) or do you cut a fuel line (shooting someone multiple times in non CNS areas that will cause them to bleed out)

7-5

Sparrow
Other Christian

View attachment 43570
Love the language the article uses.
'One quarter of Americans'
'Jeopardized'
'Threatened'

Since I've gotten into guns one of the biggest red pills for be was just how dishonest the gun control crowd is (and often to other GC advocates!)
Can't wait until gun crimes plummet in these states, their economies get marginally better and women report feeling safer to see what other mental gymnastics will come out of the MSM.

Here's a fun picture to celebrate:

2A-How-pro-gun-are-you-one-firearm-for-every-12-people.jpeg

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
@Trewolla : Have you had good luck training/shooting 380?
When I started, I went with 380 under the newbie rational that 'hey, it's smaller than 9mm... So it must be easier to find and cheaper!'
About 4 years later... Learned that wasn't so the hard way (least in my area). Every guntuber I watch says 380 isnt worth it... But I feel like it could have life in it yet.

@MartyMcFly : Not a bad concern to have. And I won't try to dissuade you from it.
I don't mind fighting that battle, personally.
Not trying to sound tough or macho (I'd really rather it not happen), but freedoms must be defended. Sometimes that means you win, sometimes that means you lose.
I didn't mean this thread itself is a bad idea. I think it should have just been rephrased to discussing various guns with advice not to openly admit to personal ownership. Perhaps a rule could be that you are allowed to state that you have 'tested' the weapon, but never that you actually own it.

The thread itself is definitely useful for sharing tips and I agree with your point. However, forming your own 'patriot defense' group would be better planned face to face with people you can trust. Of course, weeding out informants is also a concern for local patriot groups.

If you admit to owning a weapon on the internet and get flagged, you would have a huge disadvantage and wouldn't have time to defend yourself. My guess is 90% of those on this forum could get their weapons taken away under 'red flag laws' for comments made on this forum. Simply being a Christian will soon qualify as a red flag the way things are going. Sure, it seems like paranoia but it happened before in many countries and we know history tends to repeat itself.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian

7-5

Sparrow
Other Christian
I didn't mean this thread itself is a bad idea. I think it should have just been rephrased to discussing various guns with advice not to openly admit to personal ownership. Perhaps a rule could be that you are allowed to state that you have 'tested' the weapon, but never that you actually own it.

The thread itself is definitely useful for sharing tips and I agree with your point. However, forming your own 'patriot defense' group would be better planned face to face with people you can trust. Of course, weeding out informants is also a concern for local patriot groups.

If you admit to owning a weapon on the internet and get flagged, you would have a huge disadvantage and wouldn't have time to defend yourself. My guess is 90% of those on this forum could get their weapons taken away under 'red flag laws' for comments made on this forum. Simply being a Christian will soon qualify as a red flag the way things are going. Sure, it seems like paranoia but it happened before in many countries and we know history tends to repeat itself.
Thank you for the concern, but I'm really just not worried about it. Not looking to make or join a militia, not looking to post pictures of myself with my tools on social media, not looking for a firefight.

I *am* trying to get people to come to the range with me and get people previously scared of the things to make intelligent plans on obtaining and using them defensively.

Main thing, like every other bloody hobby out there, is too much shallow information. I ended up taking two separate CC classes and saying to myself 'man, I'd really like to know more before applying to carry'.
Much YouTube, conversations and a private instructor later: I feel as though there's not enough 'noob friendly ' material out there.

Been doing what I can, though.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Thank you for the concern, but I'm really just not worried about it. Not looking to make or join a militia, not looking to post pictures of myself with my tools on social media, not looking for a firefight.

I *am* trying to get people to come to the range with me and get people previously scared of the things to make intelligent plans on obtaining and using them defensively.

Main thing, like every other bloody hobby out there, is too much shallow information. I ended up taking two separate CC classes and saying to myself 'man, I'd really like to know more before applying to carry'.
Much YouTube, conversations and a private instructor later: I feel as though there's not enough 'noob friendly ' material out there.

Been doing what I can, though.
Go register on M4carbine.net if you want strictly gun info.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Thanks! That's another useful bookmark I'll have.

Forums really are the better way to disseminate information on the internet.
Just be wary its full of normy boomercons.... but the gun info is pretty solid. I used to post on there but the political retardery because too much.

7-5

Sparrow
Other Christian
Just be wary its full of normy boomercons.... but the gun info is pretty solid. I used to post on there but the political retardery because too much.
Now that's good lookin out!

EDIT:: (accidentally pressed post)
I'll keep away from the political posting. Figure between here and VP: I've got my appetite for that kindve stuff sated.

JayR

Kingfisher
Atheist
Things in my city have been going downhill fast for a while now with no signs of abating, so I went to the local sporting goods store and bought a shotgun for home defense (Benelli Nova pump action).

Having never owned or even shot a gun before, I figured I should learn how to load/unload/shoot it safely, so today I drove about an hour outside the city to an outdoor shooting range to try it. Shoot all day for $6, must have a state fishing/hunting license, earplugs, and eye protection.

Things I learned as an absolute noob:

1. The recoil/kick on a shotgun is really strong. The best advice Allen the "instructor" (it's not a school, but they have safety attendants who act like instructors) gave me was to tuck the butt tightly against me shoulder. Probably would have dislocated my shoulder otherwise.
2. I shoot left-handed. I didn't know that until Allen asked me "are you sure?" when I brought the gun up to my left shoulder.
3. It's fun. I was shooting slugs (no buck/birdshot allowed) and after being high twice, I hit the metal target on my third/last try, which was quite a rush and got me a hoot and pat on the back from Allen.

For a kid raised in a deep blue state, purchasing and then shooting a gun is crossing multiple personal Rubicons. But things are getting crazy out there, and I need to be confident I know how to protect my home and shoot some food if it comes to that.

Hopefully it won't, but I feel little bit more prepared now.

Last edited:

7-5

Sparrow
Other Christian
Things in my city have been going downhill fast for a while now with no signs of abating, so I went to the local sporting goods store and bought a shotgun for home defense (Benelli Nova pump action).

Having never owned or even shot a gun before, I figured I should learn how to load/unload/shoot it safely, so today I drove about an hour outside the city to an outdoor shooting range to try it. Shoot all day for $6, must have a state fishing/hunting license, earplugs, and eye protection.

1. The recoil/kick on a shotgun is really strong. The best advice Allen the "instructor" (it's not a school, but they have safety attendants who act like instructors) gave me was to tuck the butt tightly against me shoulder. Probably would have dislocated my shoulder otherwise.
2. I shoot left-handed. I didn't know that until Allen asked me "are you sure?" when I brought the gun up to my left shoulder.
3. It's fun. I was shooting slugs (no buck/birdshot allowed) and after being high twice, I hit the metal target on my third/last try, which was quite a rush and got me a hoot and pat on the back from Allen.

For a kid raised in a deep blue state, purchasing and then shooting a gun is crossing multiple personal Rubicons. But things are getting crazy out there, and I need to be confident I know how to protect my home and shoot some food if it comes to that.

I'm by no means an expert, but here's some tips on pump ('slide action') scattergats:

That Nova is good from what I hear. Go velcro if you're trying to add a 'side saddle' for additional rounds.

From what I understand, slugs are harder to shoot than birb or buck shot. So good on ya for learning the hard way from the get go!

Proper stance, placement of your stock and technique is essential to having a good experience with those things. Look up 'push pull technique' and really try to figure out where that stock rests comfortably on your body that prevents recoil bruises.

Invest in some 'snap caps'. These will allow you to practice reloading and handling without needing to go-to the range.

I personally thought shotties would be too much for me. And I got it for the same reasons.
But man! That first BOOM-Cla-Clank
Had me in love from the jump!

Good luck in your Firearms journey!

Bonus: Learn how to store your shotty in 'cruiser ready' condition if home defense is your concern.

BeatUpTruck

Robin
Other Christian

Slugs out of a 12 gauge is pretty hardcore for your first time shooting haha. Just know that most guns aren’t going to kick like that, neither will buck and bird shot out of your shotgun.
For what it’s worth I think that a short barreled pump shotgun is the best all around gun you can own. With the versatility of different loads from light target/upland bird shot to slugs that will put down a bear... and 00 buckshot is absolutely devastating on a human body. One 00 buckshot load is about the equivalent of unloading an entire magazine of .32 acp into someone in a split second.
Semi auto guns can be problematic since they rely on back pressure from the explosion to cycle the action and the myriad of different shotgun loads all produce different pressures. This leads to unreliability. Most combat style semi auto shotguns have problems with lighter loads. That’s fine if you only want to use it for combat but the beauty of a pump shotty is that it can be used for survival too with hunting loads.
Here’s a great video on buckshot basics, from the king of dry humour, Paul Harrell.

Last edited:

7-5

Sparrow
Other Christian
Slugs out of a 12 gauge is pretty hardcore for your first time shooting haha. Just know that most guns aren’t going to kick like that, neither will buck and bird shot out of your shotgun.
For what it’s worth I think that a short barreled pump shotgun is the best all around gun you can own. With the versatility of different loads from light target/upland bird shot to slugs that will put down a bear... and 00 buckshot is absolutely devastating on a human body. One 00 buckshot load is about the equivalent of unloading an entire magazine of .32 acp into someone in a split second.
Semi auto guns can be problematic since they rely on back pressure from the explosion to cycle the action and the myriad of different shotgun loads all produce different pressures. This leads to unreliability. Most combat style semi auto shotguns have problems with lighter loads. That’s fine if you only want to use it for combat but the beauty of a pump shotty is that it can be used for survival too with hunting loads.
Here’s a great video on buckshot basics, from the king of dry humour, Paul Harrell.

Super like for posting a Harrell video!

Probably *the* best guntuber around.