Anyone demoralized about job opportunities?

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Absolutely. The worst is watching white, liberal women actively discriminate against white men and hire nonwhites, who then hire exclusively within their own ethnic subgroup. Once this happens, you'll slowly watch the entire department and then the organization transform into that ethnic subgroup. At that point, if you're still unlucky enough to still be in that organization, all avenues of promotion are cut off from you because ethnic subgroups will always promote each other.

In my organization, the entire management team are white liberal women. They have now institutionalized anti-white and anti-male hiring practices explicitly with "diversity" and "non-racist" hiring policies. The only white men that are hired are very senior, very technical positions where a high level of experience and skill is required, where there are literally no non-whites qualified enough for the position (I'm talking about 10+ years in a specific area of law with large, white shoe firms). All lower and middle positions are given to nonwhites or women. All entry level positions are closed off to white men. This is happening across every large organization. White men are not being allowed to gain experience in their field through large organizations and they are certainly not being promoted if they somehow squeak in. As a result, young white man are being actively discriminated against, no matter their skill level, their education, or how hard they work.

Actively participating in and helping a system designed to crush and demoralize you is retarded. Your labour and time is infinitely more valuable than having Shanquesa and Jarqauz yell at you while you work at globohomo corporation x. You won't gain experience. You won't be recognized for your hard work. All that will happen is you'll pick up a debilitating addiction to heroin, or meth, or weed, or alcohol.

There are currently only two solutions for young white men who are not connected through their family to have a good life. Both of them require operating outside of the system. The first option is starting your own business and networking with other white men. I've seen young men be successful doing this. It means finding a skill, becoming very good at it, and then developing a network of other white men that you can pass referrals to and from. It means white men have to create their own ecosystem. The section option is to join the Orthodox Church or the SSPX and become a priest or monk. These organizations will take care of you will providing you with a nourishing job for the rest of your life.
This will be painful for a few decades, but in the end it is a net positive. These corporations will kill themselves in the next 10-20 years via hiring incompetent diversity hires, and the businesses that replace them will increasingly be more local small and medium sized business run by intrepid whites. Liberals are only further destroying blacks and other minorities by trying to give them more free passes. They are unwittingly ultimately strengthening whites by forcing them to assume greater merit and entrepreneurship. Truly skilled minorities currently entering woke corporations are going to be most hurt because they are jumping on a sinking ship that whites have already been kicked off of. They should be finding other avenues as well.

Last edited:

Athanasius

Pelican
The takes above fully apply to part of the boomers, but I have a more charitable take (or maybe naive, if you disagree) toward the rest. Boomers frustrate me because they don't get it, but they grew up in an era where you may have thought the TV was biased, but there was a strong sense in which you trusted it. You wanted confirmation of your views from it. They were propagandized endlessly about the melting pot. So when I hear them telling me Hannity-style takes about "LEGAL" immigration, or colorblindness, that's them following their conditioning.

Boomers are still coming to grips with heritage America fading away. I still hear them voicing frustration that most immigrants and blacks aren't assimilating to America as they know it. They are like a guy running a polka studio wondering when the Indians and other diversity who've moved into the neighborhood are going to get the bug and join up. Boomers are so locked into gatekeeping operations like Fox News, Shapiro, and Preger that they don't understand that heritage America aka. the "old red, white, and blue" wasn't some abstract ideal that would conquer foreigners. Heritage America was the history of their people, their culture, their society. It's a society most minorities and immigrants are indifferent or hostile to and that their own children have been propagandized in the public schools to hate.

Looking at the tiobe index you'll see which languages are the most popular right now. C++/C will always be the leading choice for engineering projects, C is the lifeblood of computing. There's also information as to what languages pay the most. I think that having a degree and actually being able to program well will land you and help you keep a job, companies use stack ranking systems to rank and keep track of the current projects, so they know which programmers are the best and who is not doing what they're supposed to.

Brother it’s hard to have a discussion if you’re going to dramatize it that much, these guys you are referring to are not going to end up working at Starbucks for minimum wage. The issue isn’t that their only option is Starbucks the issue is that they think they are entitled to more because of the past, which they certainly are not.

Honestly who does that sound like to you?

I should leave this reply at that I’m starting to feel like mother goose with these stories but here goes….

My uncle who is in his late 50’s lost everything more than once, full on bankruptcy lose everything, he has kids with dystonia and while he was always highly successful in business all his time and money eventually went to trying to help their condition. I wish I could give you details without revealing who he is or the company but his last company which went under was a hugely successful financial company with a giant leg up on anyone but he lost it all because his kids got worse and he was never there. He was traveling with them spending untold millions on specialized doctors all over the world to try and help them…..he lost everything to help his kids spent everything the company was worth and he was worth until it couldn’t operate anymore and he himself the brains behind it wasn’t there to run it. The big fish who were salivating over what he had that were his “partners” moved in and decided to just do it themselves, they didn’t care that he owned the rights he didn’t have the money to sue big banks spend years in courts and they knew it they were vultures waiting to pick over a corpse.

Well my uncle had nothing at all anymore and he had things taken from him that shouldn’t have been, he was totally screwed over everyone who screwed him knew they screwed him and didn’t care….but he didn’t stop and lament the world for not giving him more.

Right away he built a medical supply company out of nowhere, something he has no expierence or background in whatsoever we were all confused as to why he was doing that even chiding him for it…..not me I would never chide my uncle but my father and his brothers sure were. Well 5 years later he sold it for well into 8 figures to the largest supply company in the world and retained a percentage of the business. Now it’s being sold again for well into 9 figures and he is getting his cut. So now he’s working on a deal to buy out the corporate arm of a huge franchiser, which again he has no experience in, while simultaneously running a PPE company along with other random businesses….in his 50’s with nothing to start with.

Please don’t tell me age is a factor or your past profession dictates anything, I’m not sitting here trying to sound like an after school special but if you’re a hard worker and you’re smart nothing will hold you back. That attitude needs to be dropped or you’ll never get anywhere, you should tell those guys you are referring to exactly that.

Myself personally NOTHING worked out for me, I am not joking when I say that, NOTHING I have done worked out business wise I didn’t get lucky in anything or get a big break or anything to speak of to hang my hat on. It was the complete and total opposite everything I tried failed, but I didn’t stop. I kept going no matter what and I kept trying and I made a life for myself that I’m proud of and can call myself a success for it even if I didn’t get that big break or get lucky, my struggles paid off.

You have to try, you have to keep going…that’s all it comes down to.
Amen, never quit.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
You don't know what you're talking about. Programming jobs are still very easy to get, and you can definitely pick up more than $80k/yr with far less than 10 years of experience. Also, it's not C++ that gets you jobs these days; the big game is C#/.NET and full stack web dev. That said, if you know C++ and apply for the few C++ jobs that exist, you have less competition because being proficient in C++ puts you above the vast majority of programmers.

My advice would be to get into .NET programming, especially because Microsoft is making a push for .NET into the web dev sphere with their new Blazor system. That will help you get even more qualified for less personal investment.
I'm not familiar with .NET stack, but I'd love to hear about all the desperate companies out there hiring entry and junior software engineers. The jobs I've interviewed with, that were willing to say, all said they had over 100 applicants for their position. I'm hearing similar stories from my peers. It's extremely competitive on the junior level. And you can go on Indeed right now and find all kinds of jobs asking for 10+ years of experience for well under 100k. $15-$20/hr jobs are not unheard of. Everybody wants to hire a whiz that can be productive on their stack on day 0. Paid entry level work is almost entirely limited to corporate internships and new grad programs, unless you spend all your free time mastering all the hottest new cloud, database, and front end frameworks. C++ may not be as common as a higher level language, but there very much is competition for those roles, as C/C++ is commonly learned in traditional CS programs. Have you you been in the job market the last 5 years?

Last edited:

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Looking at the tiobe index you'll see which languages are the most popular right now. C++/C will always be the leading choice for engineering projects, C is the lifeblood of computing. There's also information as to what languages pay the most. I think that having a degree and actually being able to program well will land you and help you keep a job, companies use stack ranking systems to rank and keep track of the current projects, so they know which programmers are the best and who is not doing what they're supposed to.
Programming as an ancillary skill may very well help with non-software STEM/financial fields, but I challenge you find any job out there that merely needs a programmer. They don't exist, or are just outsourced to India. Virtually all software engineering roles are expected to be proficient in a wide array of state of the industry tech from cloud, database, front end frameworks, etc. Learning a programming language is the EASY part. This whole "learn to code" mentality, like it's a trade in itself, is frankly a myth.

bubs

Sparrow
Any logic why Amazon would be scouting out female college grad from a liberal arts college who majored in literature to be a mid level supervisor in an Amazon warehouse in an inner city? Aside from her high GPA I don’t get it at all. Poor girl took the job, they sent her to NYC for training etc and 6-9 months into it she had a mental breakdown and ended up in an institution for a while. Why wouldn’t they be trying to recruit someone with logistics or warehouse supervisor experience (or even a business major)? From a practical business success standpoint, I don’t see how a theater girl is going to run a shipping warehouse.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Any logic why Amazon would be scouting out female college grad from a liberal arts college who majored in literature to be a mid level supervisor in an Amazon warehouse in an inner city? Aside from her high GPA I don’t get it at all. Poor girl took the job, they sent her to NYC for training etc and 6-9 months into it she had a mental breakdown and ended up in an institution for a while. Why wouldn’t they be trying to recruit someone with logistics or warehouse supervisor experience (or even a business major)? From a practical business success standpoint, I don’t see how a theater girl is going to run a shipping warehouse.
My guess would be the pay is low, the responsibility high, and the people in charge of hiring are probably the same type of useless liberal arts grads. Not to mention competent white males probably put at the bottom of pile.

Easy_C

Peacock
The way to get around this would be trade unions done right or starting your own blue collar business. There's really no other way besides having rich parents who can network for you, and even then I know guys whose parents have multi million dollar net worths and their parents didn't do anything for them, because they think it's better if their kids figure it out on their own (those parents got started in a world that wasn't nearly so actively against young white men). I don't know any white men from my class in college that were able to network for a position that they didn't intern for and wasn't from a company run by their parents or their parents' friend.
To some extent being a military veteran gives you the same thing. Veterans have that in-group preference.

bubs

Sparrow
To some extent being a military veteran gives you the same thing. Veterans have that in-group preference.
Agree, if you go in the military as an Officer, have high social IQ and politically savvy, retire, you can basically be a millionaire with ease. Full military retirement pension after 20 years plus get hooked up either as a GS 13+ civilian making & $130k plus to do nothing or as a Government Contractor making even more to basically do nothing but consult in meetings. They call it “double dipping”. Also heard it referred to jokingly as the “No Colonel Left Behind” program. The suburban counties around DC are full of ex-military double dipping millionaires, that is why they are most of the wealthiest counties in the nation. And if an ex military officer starts his own contracting/consulting business to leverage the network within the military industrial complex even more millions.

Easy_C

Peacock
I wasn’t referring to the GS grift. I was more referring to how you can network effectively with veterans at larger firms to get referrals. Some of them also have specific veteran programs which function similarly to other diversity programs. Catch is they’re significantly out of favor at the moment as hiring Black people is the current craze. If you can find a way to pass yourself off as nonwhite it will be a huge advantage

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
This will be painful for a few decades, but in the end it is a net positive. These corporations will kill themselves in the next 10-20 years via hiring incompetent diversity hires, and the businesses that replace them will increasingly be more local small and medium sized business run by intrepid whites. Liberals are only further destroying blacks and other minorities by trying to give them more free passes. They are unwittingly ultimately strengthening whites by forcing them to assume greater merit and entrepreneurship. Truly skilled minorities currently entering woke corporations are going to be most hurt because they are jumping on a sinking ship that whites have already been kicked off of. They should be finding other avenues as well.
tl;dr: The Gameplan I'd recommend for a White Male not coming from Money & not mechanically inclined. Connection, Charisma & patience if minimum wage is needed in the beginning.

I agree with part of your post... but the reality is mid size companies, all the way to huge corporation, can cover their shortfall with trillions of dollars... so it doesn't matter how poorly 95% of the workforce performs!

I've learned this from my many years of Customer Services experiences where things were poorly run by unqualified Women managers! There's obviously many ways to skin the Cat... so all of us who might not agree on how White Males can prosper... might actually be both right!

As a non White non Christian male... here's my 2 cents! The trades route will always remain there for White Male to prosper point Blank. If not mechanically inclined, or not interested... charisma aka Sales is the other avenue who'll always remain open!

Women hate selling with a passion... and Minorities, for the most part, won't handle wondering if they'll be received well in certain parts of the Country... especially if Travelling is involved!

Now here's the tricky part! Certain companies will still demand High Cost degrees to get a foot in the door... and that's a High risk to take for a White Male in Liberalism land... which virtually all Companies are indoctrinated in!

Now here's where Charisma comes into play. Now I'm writing to a Christian audience, so the old tenet of gaining that Charisma through Game does not apply. Considering this, I'd recommend to get involved with Charity or the Faith Community to gain that Charisma that us degenerate gained with Game back in the day.

Now be prepared to possibly have to be immersed in Liberals environments while going through this, and possibly have to work @ McDonald as a White Male that's 25 to make it happen if you're not coming from Money.

Learn how to lie through your teeths about your Conservative & Religious Values to keep your Spot... and most importantly... to keep that Ego in check if confronted about how you're a White Male in a low skill environment @ 25 years Old!

Then with $$$ in the Bank, Charisma, and Social Networking... an opportunity will present itself... and you'll be fully capable to grab it through Connections via Big Companies or Small Businesses. Doable for anyone with an Average IQ willing to put in the Work.

Another avenue is through Conservative Media Avenues, which will also always be there... but you'll literally have to work your A$$ off since you'll have to accumulate a Mass following in a Race against time before the Liberals avenues like YouTube possibly Bans you!

Easy to write of course... but with effort, intent & skill... absolutely doable!

But most importantly, even as Christian Men... find a way to become stoic yet... somewhat fun & charismatic Men to be around! This will help tremendously when dealing with setbacks.

Now I know Roosh is extremely critical of his past life, but the way he was able to pivot without the help of a Conservative Machine like Fox News speaks on how much the skillset he acquired was beneficial to Him!

cosine

Robin
Programming as an ancillary skill may very well help with non-software STEM/financial fields, but I challenge you find any job out there that merely needs a programmer. They don't exist, or are just outsourced to India. Virtually all software engineering roles are expected to be proficient in a wide array of state of the industry tech from cloud, database, front end frameworks, etc. Learning a programming language is the EASY part. This whole "learn to code" mentality, like it's a trade in itself, is frankly a myth.
Some of my bootcamp classmates were younger and got excellent "foot-in-the-door" internships, but others failed to get a job in DS at all.

I think you're right, there's a ton of demand for Senior Data Science positions, but very little for junior/entry level roles. If you learned to code as a 40-something, you're probably better off trying to directly sell contracts or something. The "learn to code" thing might have worked in 2013-2015, but not these days; supply has caught up.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Some of my bootcamp classmates were younger and got excellent "foot-in-the-door" internships, but others failed to get a job in DS at all.

I think you're right, there's a ton of demand for Senior Data Science positions, but very little for junior/entry level roles. If you learned to code as a 40-something, you're probably better off trying to directly sell contracts or something. The "learn to code" thing might have worked in 2013-2015, but not these days; supply has caught up.
I am pro bootcamp, in that I think the concept itself is a great alternative to college. But as it stands now, I can’t imagine new coding bootcamp grads are getting many jobs. Even in the last 2 years the “requirements” on job postings have gotten noticeably longer. Practically everyone is asking for AWS, GraphQL, React/Vue or any of myriad equivalents and competitors. That’s on top of the old asks like a popular scripting language, SQL, Git, Linux, etc. I somewhat regret entering the industry because I frankly can’t keep up with all this bullshit. I’d rather just become better at the core skills than constantly learning what the “cool kids” are doing this week in the industry.

Elipe

Pelican
I am pro bootcamp, in that I think the concept itself is a great alternative to college. But as it stands now, I can’t imagine new coding bootcamp grads are getting many jobs. Even in the last 2 years the “requirements” on job postings have gotten noticeably longer. Practically everyone is asking for AWS, GraphQL, React/Vue or any of myriad equivalents and competitors. That’s on top of the old asks like a popular scripting language, SQL, Git, Linux, etc. I somewhat regret entering the industry because I frankly can’t keep up with all this bullshit. I’d rather just become better at the core skills than constantly learning what the “cool kids” are doing this week in the industry.
I know someone who just got a job working with React who has absolutely zero experience with React but has a few years of experience in C#/.NET (which this job entirely does not involve) and a CS background. This person had no connections at the company, and this was a pretty large salary upgrade for that person. It's not all gloom and doom. There are companies that are willing to overlook the lack of immediate qualifications if you can show the promise of being able to learn on the job, and they're not poor ones that can't afford to pay their employees.

I also suspect that a lot of those entry level positions with walls of text for requirements are intentionally made to intimidate people from applying to reduce the pool of applicants they have to sort through. And if you're the type of person that is intimidated by job postings, you are probably not the steel-jawed Chad the HR girls want.

Last edited:

Easy_C

Peacock
Not really. They're often intentionally made to make it look like they're running the process fairly when they've already made the decision either to hire a specific person or to hire an H1B.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
There are already driverless trucks being tested on the roads today.

From the stuff I've seen... Most people have no idea what's coming down the pipe with automation. Andrew Yang may be an idiot-democrat, but he makes a good point that automation is going to be a major game-changer in the coming years. This isn't a "All the farm-workers can move into the factories, so there's nothing to worry about..." This is: "We're going to have a mass of unemployable people because they aren't engineers or programmers, who need to eat."

Truck driving today is like cashier jobs, it's going away.

Right now, and maybe for the next 10 years, yes, you can make some money in truck driving. I would not recommend it beyond 2031. I expect those paychecks from truck driving to get smaller and smaller.

Do you work in the logistics industry?

Parmesan

Woodpecker
I know someone who just got a job working with React who has absolutely zero experience with React but has a few years of experience in C#/.NET (which this job entirely does not involve) and a CS background. This person had no connections at the company, and this was a pretty large salary upgrade for that person. It's not all gloom and doom. There are companies that are willing to overlook the lack of immediate qualifications if you can show the promise of being able to learn on the job, and they're not poor ones that can't afford to pay their employees.

I also suspect that a lot of those entry level positions with walls of text for requirements are intentionally made to intimidate people from applying to reduce the pool of applicants they have to sort through. And if you're the type of person that is intimidated by job postings, you are probably not the steel-jawed Chad the HR girls want.
You are correct in that these entry level jobs exist, but they are needle in haystack, and they are getting harder and harder to find. Was your example hired at a non-tech company? It seems like larger legacy corps with bloated IT are the ones more likely to hire someone for a specific task like that. Small and medium sized tech is almost wholly focused on hiring autist senior talent.

Easy_C

Peacock
Kind of. Keep in mind a lot of the large business software is extremely specialized. If you can get a certification in one of those areas it helps a lot. Downside is it is an extremely silo-ed career path...BUT it has fairly broad international mobility. Most of these projects have international scope and the software will be coded in English which means you can be living almost anywhere and the main project language is English.

Elipe

Pelican
You are correct in that these entry level jobs exist, but they are needle in haystack, and they are getting harder and harder to find. Was your example hired at a non-tech company? It seems like larger legacy corps with bloated IT are the ones more likely to hire someone for a specific task like that. Small and medium sized tech is almost wholly focused on hiring autist senior talent.
If by tech company you mean Silicon Valley like Microsoft, Google, and so on, no, not a tech company, but the part of the company this person was hired into is specifically dedicated to writing software. This is also a small-to-medium sized company, so this isn't one of your typical faceless giant corporations.