Anyone demoralized about job opportunities?

tothepoint

Woodpecker
I also suspect that a lot of those entry level positions with walls of text for requirements are intentionally made to intimidate people from applying to reduce the pool of applicants they have to sort through. And if you're the type of person that is intimidated by job postings, you are probably not the steel-jawed Chad the HR girls want.

Fully agree, a lot of people get intimidated by the job requirements and don't apply. Some of the job descriptions out there are ridiculous. HR is looking for unicorns and then lowball hard on the salary. With 1 or 2 years of experience you should be applying for senior positions asking 5+ years. Companies nowadays prefer to hire and train a young rookie rather than a middle aged dude who will ask for 3 times the money.

Guys who have their shit together and a solid CV are not checking job ads, they are being chased after by headhunters and/or have connections. The big money is to be made when they need someone urgently and you are recommended.

Last edited:

Reem

Chicken
Orthodox Catechumen
Fully agree, a lot of people get intimidated by the job requirements and don't apply. Some of the job descriptions out there are ridiculous. HR is looking for unicorns and then lowball hard on the salary. With 1 or 2 years of experience you should be applying for senior positions asking 5+ years. Companies nowadays prefer to hire and train a young rookie rather than a middle aged dude who will ask for 3 times the money.

Good advice .
If you are interested in sales as a profession .

There is a thread on roosh forum "datasheet on sales as a profession" .
Invaluable information by Graft .

Last edited:

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I started a construction business and am making pretty decent money (~50hr/, 1500 a week). This of course is dwarfed by the rampant inflation lately. I am still looking for other opportunities. I am living at home (25) and it is unbearably miserable.

Is anyone aware of any high-paying Construction opportunities or equivalent industries that provide living arrangements? Last I checked the oil industry it was dead. any feedback is appreciated
Check out this thread I wrote two years ago:

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
I'm worried about (the 2nd) Tsunami of people looking to make money online... and the compound effects of millions having less to spend.

Although I guess if this is a full genocide, things will balance out.

bubs

Sparrow
Back to construction industry and the high cost of supplies, wood etc. How is this impacting those in this business carpenters, handymen, home builders etc)? When I talk to them, most have more work than they can take on, so doesn’t quite add up IMO. Why would so many homeowners doing repairs or home builders be willing to pay 100%+ markups on supplies vs waiting a while?

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Back to construction industry and the high cost of supplies, wood etc. How is this impacting those in this business carpenters, handymen, home builders etc)? When I talk to them, most have more work than they can take on, so doesn’t quite add up IMO. Why would so many homeowners doing repairs or home builders be willing to pay 100%+ markups on supplies vs waiting a while?
First off boomers have amounts of wealth younger generations cannot fathom, second, if they're planning on selling soon, that price just gets rolled into the house price, so it doesn't matter. I am close to someone who does home remodels, owns 50% of the small company, and he says the only thing they've had to change is making their quotes variable if prices fluctuate a huge amount.

My father in law (who dislikes us and has said he wants to spend everything before he dies and not leave an inheritance) owns three properties, and my stepdad (who has said he wants to spend everything before he dies and not leave an inheritance) owns four properties. Any boomer who tried in their life is ridiculously wealthy.

bubs

Sparrow
First off boomers have amounts of wealth younger generations cannot fathom, second, if they're planning on selling soon, that price just gets rolled into the house price, so it doesn't matter. I am close to someone who does home remodels, owns 50% of the small company, and he says the only thing they've had to change is making their quotes variable if prices fluctuate a huge amount.

My father in law (who dislikes us and has said he wants to spend everything before he dies and not leave an inheritance) owns three properties, and my stepdad (who has said he wants to spend everything before he dies and not leave an inheritance) owns four properties. Any boomer who tried in their life is ridiculously wealthy.
Thanks for the insights, I guess my mind is always wrapped around that most people buy a home with plans to live there for the long term, but I guess your viewpoint leads that 20-30+ year home ownership is an outlier and not the norm these days (transient people moving frequently where the work leads them is more of the norm). That makes sense.

For your 2nd paragraph, I’m still not fully sold on the boomers have all the wealth though, I’m Gen X and my perspective is that more of people I know are better off than our parents (boomers 65+ year olds) as a general rule or at least equal. I think Gen X (current people in late 40’s-50’s) as it progresses to retirement however will have less wealth than Boomers during their retirement years as pensions etc are eroding compared to the past. I think what we are seeing is a slight growing of the upper wealth tier still (generational wealth trickling down to 30 and 20 somethings from boomers trust funds/inheritance etc), but a significant shrinkage of middle class and significant growth of lower class and poverty. The current teens and 20 somethings with either no college education or a lot of student loan debt without falling into a lucrative career will start to fall into lowers wealth classes unfortunately.

bubs

Sparrow
A friend of mine who owns a job placement company says their are lots of well paying jobs out there for young college grads but they need to be willing to work hard/put in long hours. That seems to be the deterrent for lack of applicants. I really don’t blame the kids however, I was very resistant to taking one of those types of jobs as well when I got out of college, you may start at $60-$80k salaried job but after a year when you do the math on all the OT hours above 40 you had to work each week, you are probably making <$20 per hour. You just worked away a year of your life with only a ton of anxiety and stress accumulated. Might as well just work in a warehouse or a call center 8 hrs a day.

Jive Turkey

Woodpecker
I highly recommend reading this book, Enjoy the Decline by Aaron Clarey.

Its not your fault women are the way they are today, its not your fault the economy is where it is today, its not your fault that the coming catastrophe will happen. I know that seems rational but this book explains it in such a way that you can be at peace.

You have to come to terms with what is and accept them. You only have one life and you aren't guaranteed tomorrow. This book will help teach you how to let go and enjoy life now.

51-zPuXZw0L.jpg
Isn't that the degenerate who unironically advocates the "smith and Wesson retirement plan"

Aka suicide when funds run out

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
How desperate are you and do you have a quiet place at home with high speed internet?

Edit: for the record, this is a real question.
Not desperate, still have my job though they're threatening requiring the jab (not sure what the hold up is but that's off topic). As of right now my income is enough for my family, I just wanted to secure another income source. To your second question yes I have a home office with good internet.

scotian

Peacock
Gold Member
I’ve been helping guys on here get high paying jobs in the skilled trades for the past decade, literally dozens of guys I’ve personally met and helped out now have high paying union jobs with nice pensions, excellent benefits in male dominated industries where they don’t have to state their preferred pronouns. I helped two guys in the past year, one got into my trade last October after taking a five day online course and another just finished a 15 week pre-employment diploma at a community college, I made a couple of phone calls on Monday and he got the job offer today, he starts next week.
One of the other many RVF Oil Sands guys who immigrated to Canada after reading my thread sent me this screen shot of his pay today and can’t believe how much he’s making-this is normal, I said “welcome to the club dude”

The companies are SCREAMING for certified techs and offering signing bonuses because they can’t get dudes who’ll get their hands dirty, everyone wants to code at home or go 100K in debt to become marine biologist, nobody wants to be a pipefitter or plumber anymore but for the guys that do, they make some serious money. The below pay is in Canuck bucks and a one week cheque, if you also want to make that type of money, just go read my oil sands thread and shoot me a PM.

A519BCAF-7603-419E-ADE0-A53772858E44.jpeg

Last edited:

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
I'm worried about the impact of the tsunami of coming job losses... and millions of people looking for a way to make money online. A proportion of that will inevitably fall my way.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
A friend of mine who owns a job placement company says their are lots of well paying jobs out there for young college grads but they need to be willing to work hard/put in long hours. That seems to be the deterrent for lack of applicants. I really don’t blame the kids however, I was very resistant to taking one of those types of jobs as well when I got out of college, you may start at $60-$80k salaried job but after a year when you do the math on all the OT hours above 40 you had to work each week, you are probably making <$20 per hour. You just worked away a year of your life with only a ton of anxiety and stress accumulated. Might as well just work in a warehouse or a call center 8 hrs a day.
I know when I was in my 20s I knew many ambitious people that would have gladly worked 60+ hours a week for a chance at corporate career glory. Maybe those types have dried up, but knowing recruiters, it’s probably more like them pitching entry level pay for an experienced position.

BURNΞR

Pelican
^ yeah basically the situation is lots of jobs but you low pay in the sense you can't buy anything that matters. The situation is similar in all western countries where young peoplr have jobs with 'good pay' but all are renting and if they were able to buy a house they are 20-30 years from paying it off so they need to sell it someone else to pay off the mortgage. Contrast this with the highschool dropout gas station worker in the 1950's that completely paid off his home inside of 2-3 years. You could even pay off your student loans with a summer job as a waiter. Now the whole monetary system is set up to be a scam and most people never realise it and when explained to them they have no rebuttal except a shocked pikachu face

Sword

Sparrow
I've been doing part time handyman stuff, typically can charge 30-50hr, but its few and far between. Jewgle has all the SEO algos locked up, so even having a site online doesnt help much. Looking into cyber security, seems one of the few fields still in demand.

It is quite obvious we are entering a global depression and a major 'have and have nots'

bubs

Sparrow
I've been doing part time handyman stuff, typically can charge 30-50hr, but its few and far between. Jewgle has all the SEO algos locked up, so even having a site online doesnt help much. Looking into cyber security, seems one of the few fields still in demand.

It is quite obvious we are entering a global depression and a major 'have and have nots'
For your handyman work, it sounds like you need to network your local area better via word of mouth and perhaps even doing some door to door meet and greets if you are getting roadblocked online (try Facebook perhaps?). Everyone that owns a respectable home with limited fixer/upper skills needs a reliable and reasonably priced handyman to be on call. There is only so much You Tube DIY videos that can help most people. Around my area (Mid Atlantic) it’s nearly impossible to find a handyman available as they are all over saturated with work and usually on big high/pay projects. This is not a new thing either it’s been this way for last 10-20 years. They rarely have time in their schedule to do the punch-list 1/2 days jobs for a home owner. Not sure where you live but if it’s in a bad economy area, may want to consider moving to a better area where people have more disposable income for repair services.