Anyone play a musical instrument?

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I play the ukulele. Badly. I have no natural talent. But I have fun with it! I have an app with lots of songs to play along to and there are lots of videos to play along with. Ukuleles aren’t too expensive, so I’ve collected several. My favorites are the cheapest one in a soprano size and the banjo ukulele. It’s a banjo body with a ukulele neck and fits my stumpy fingers perfectly. It sounds best plucked, which I’m not good at. I haven’t played in awhile, so I think I’ll get back to it. My last project was trying to learn The Kiss from Last of the Mohicans, and the banjo uke is perfect for it.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Eukelele! That’s so cool. I love that there’s an app for learning it.

I played piano, and later electric keyboards, for many years. I haven’t had access to either in awhile, but I hope to pick it back up. I miss that something about playing music where you can just lose yourself for awhile.

I also played violin and bass guitar for a few years when I was younger. The string instruments never clicked with me like piano did though.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
I played the violin when I was younger. Tried to start back up in college but the instructor made me learn all the scales first, which put a damper on my re-learning. I always wanted to learn how to play the piano.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I've always wanted to, but have always struggled with finger placement and form on pretty much every instrument I'm interested in playing. All of my fingers bend and buckle backwards, pretty comically, at every joint. I can't change position quickly or apply adequate pressure without my hands kind of collapsing on themselves. Guitar is pretty much impossible. Try to press down on one string, and my whole finger buckles and presses on ALL OF THEM instead. Piano/keyboard is the easiest for me, and I taught myself to read simple music and plink out a tune when I was younger, but I'm hopeless for learning how to REALLY play until I get finger splints. Sometimes a knuckle pops backward when I press a key and gets "stuck" that way for a moment or two. :squintlol:

I've learned to sing pretty well to make up for it, I guess!

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
I have some minor keyboard/piano ability. I never learned to read music, so typically if I want to learn a song, I figure it out by ear. Sometimes I print out music and then painstakingly translate all the notes to letters. If I hadn't quit my lessons as a kid, I think I'd be pretty decent by now.

Guitar and sing, was in a cover band for quite a few years. Also did the one man acoustic gigs, (mainly covers), and wrote a few crappy songs. Been sober for over a year and lost all passion to peform/play. I rarely play these days. This past year ruined me. I only want to avoid people and their nonsense.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Here’s a pic of my banjo ukulele. I love it!!! I’m badly playing Hotel California on it this morning. At least the song is in my natural key.

FEDEA8C3-1A6E-4E36-A527-15A566534111.jpeg